The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Hounslow, Middlesex*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Hounslow.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- how about a section on local urban myths??
- nice to see :spondle wangdongles: is a contributer, havent seen him in years.
- come friendly bombs and fall on hounslow. apologies to john betjeman.
- bout films t/v etc made in hounslow?
- the richard burton film :villain:is one of many films to feature hounslow.
- The local authority recently attempted to conduct a resident's survey on whether to rename the town Poundslow, but nobody cared enough to vote on it.
- Permboy says 'KEEP ON KEEPING ON!"
- hounslows a wonderful multi cultural place, and dont put it down if you dont live there cos a few youths who wander the streets dont represent everyone that lives in hounslow, so easy up with the ignorant remarks on Hounslow and its residents.
- Ladies favoured hairstyle is the Hounslow Facelift (scraped right back, secured in place with an industrial scrunchy). Looks good with ankle scabs.
- Hounslow is the kind of place where people from Slough go to make their lives more bearable. Even the train toilet's have a sign that says "Please dont use the toilet whilst the train is in the station ....unless you are in Hounslow."
It takes a rue urban masochist to have any fond memories of the place but I guess it was a classic case of a town shaped by people and not its truly miserable architecture and amentities..
- I have just stumbled on THe Knowhere Guide through links when I was looking for other information. It seems to be jolly good fun and very useful as it has information from the people who matter, ie the people who use the places.
Hopping Reggae Man. Regular busker in the high street.
- GAY Freindly?:
The Ra Bar.
The Queens Arms, Hanworth Road.
- Credit to the Beavers Park Mafia (1976-1986), a film will be written about you all. The original 'Rude Boys'. The Beavers Park Mafia lives in our hearts.
- THE TRADE EXCHANGE IS A CHEQUE CASHING SHOP BUT ALSO SELLS ITEMS IN THE SHOP AT GREAT PRICES WHICH INCLUDES GAMES,BIKES,CDS,TV'S,VIDEOS,VCRS,STEREOS AND COMPUTERS FIND IT AT 59 HHIGH STREET HOUNSLOW "OPPOSITE SHANNONS"
- Why doesn't someone Bomb Hounslow. I may die in that attack but it's better than having to live in here.
- It's a very spiritual place! There are many religious communities that are well served here, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus. All that's needed is a buddhist temple and that's ya lot. Unfortunately our door-to-door evangelists are also catered for.
- The Treaty Centre has been featured in an episode of Only Fools and Horses.
- Has the age of the typical new mother in Hounslow gone up from 13 to 15 yet? It is usual to see four or five generations of the same families wandering up the high street in their leggings and nylon ma-1 jackets, often on the family shoplifting excursion to Primark (most expensive item £9.99).
- Why is Hounslow so full of the thick Kevin and Sharon types - Trademark look - Blokes: Pathetic goatee beard, black Kenwood Jacket, Baseball cap riduclously high on head, earring, talking very loud in sarf london accent peppered with excessive swearing to make them look "hard" Girls: White pedal pushers, hair scraped back excessively, dog rough, behaving same as blokes. You people are the brainless scum of society - the lot of could be shot to improve the human race.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: A.A.Gill, q saupin, Paul Davis, T. Rexx, hare, jim, Chris, rick, Colin Bear, Dan, Mrs A Smell, Nikki, tad, Valerie, dave, Double poster, Berni, Gary Chambers, david clifford, Keith Bolton, quentin saupin, Alison Edwards, BP, Kerry, spockis, JOHN, Nick, Katie Chanter, Vik, Richard, Iain Faith, Masher, R S Butler, John Smith, Bill Smith, Windora the witch, dennis a, Mandy Macedo, supper dopper, Bob Charlton, MS, max, Dee, mark howard, dave rogers, Daniel Banche, matt, Pooja, sam, Keith, Alison and Cleo, sally, a edwards, generic, clive edwards, Mick Cummins, Palash R. Ghosh, gareth, Leegal, gemma, nikki clay, roy pryer, Bryn Downing, suiram, jorgie, Susanna Sporran, Robert Harris, horace smith, Spondle Wangdongles, TP, Billy Bob, Gary H, Jimmy, A, jade, Jennifer, sue, Caroline, Dave Smith, Jim Guynan, L.A.White, Gaynor, Stuart, Russ, Pete Seabrook, Sugra Ali
Last updated: 2012-04-12
More stuff about Hounslow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hounslow Knowhere Board