Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Kirkham, Lancashire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Kirkham.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- None, once there you never leave.
- Gavin Mcann of West Ham or Aston Villa can't remember which. Went to both my schools too.
No others I can think of
- Graham Kelly the former chief of the Football association lives here, often seen on his bike buying loads of biscuits. Plus there is Jacqueline Leonard who played Lorraine Wicks in Eastenders whose son joe went mad, when she is in Safeway she always winces and has horrid Walford flashbacks whenever she sees teenage boys near the tin foil aisle. The pilot episode for pheonix nights, "The Club" from that Peter Kay thing, has one half of Park-Avenue from the town where the host with the most Jerry "The Saint" St Clare announces: "And Cheryl is a systems analyst from Kirkham". Peter Kay we Salute you for putting us on the map, thank-you.
- The bloke who said 'you dont get a tan like this in Skeggy' in a Tetley Bitter advert years ago was from Wesham.
- Gavin McCann who plays for sunderland and England went to school here at the mighty Carr Hill high.
"Acky" the lads a comedy legend, especially when his enterouge are there.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crumbz, ross mcalpine, Simon, kelly, kerry kovill, Lee Bragg, generic, sarah, jane thompson, kirk Ham
Last updated: 2011-02-18
More stuff about Kirkham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kirkham Knowhere Board