Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Lewisham.
- Catford cinema now closed but art house stuff shows at Broadway theatre - please support!
- the filmworks, greenwich has 14 screens an is gd.buy a small drink tho
- There used to be one right? I think the next closest is the so called multi-plex is in Greenwich, but it's a dive. Doesn't look like they've finished the place. Best bet is Bexleyheath.
- There isn't a cinema in Lewisham Borough. The nearest is either Surrey Quays, Greenwich or Peckham.
- since the cinema in the centre of Greenwich closed, best bet is thefilmworks on the Greenwich peninsular (108 and 180 bus from Lewisham both stop nearby). Usual multiplex stuff, but there's a tacky bar, big comfy seats and they show odd/different/arty films on Tuesday nights
- I'm afraid it's a trip into town or Docklands for muliplexes, where the UGC season ticket (tenner a month) is the best value. Oh, and isn't there a cinema in Greenwich?
- Nearest is Greenwich, which is tiny & not cheap. Good juice bar, if you like that sort of thing.
- Lewisham desperately needs a decent cinema (Surrey Quays UCI is just too far
to travel) but word has it that a new multiplex is to be built on vacant land
at the Train Station end of the High Street.
- The Catford cinema is not that good. By getting on the 208 you can go Bromley
which is more richer. Also in the night, bear troubles occur. Like the time
someone got stabbed at the bus stop, or when a cyclist got chased by pedestrians
and then got beats.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: madfan, Kate Organ, Chris Flynn, Andrew Milton, Ru, steve g, Des Sampson, ami, Mike keogh, pennywise, Helen, jenny collins, Andrew Stevens, al, Paul Dixon, generic, Kirsty, Janice, phil p, AJ, Andrew Lawrence, jamie, Alan James, Anna, MICHAEL TROTTIER, Kenneth Abraham, Marlon and Tyrone, Anna J, al booth, jackie banham, Martin Perrett, Louise, billy o' conner, Daniel Mackay, Jams, jim driver, James Wild, Nick Leach, Victoria Wainwright
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Lewisham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lewisham Knowhere Board