Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Lewisham, Greater London*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Lewisham.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- There is an unusual alternative night once a month at The Montague Arms in New Cross. The place is packed out listening to live bands and DJs.
- Two dodgy refurbished 'bars' (both used to be excellent and have bnands - now they have bar stools and chrome stuff) - New Cross Inn (or Bar alchemy as it seems to now be called) and Goldsmiths Tavern.
- Goldsmiths College Students' Union has been known to have the odd Drum and Bass/
Speed Garage night or two but the non-members' Speed Garage nights tend to
attract Bermondsey Bloke and his orange Ben Sherman shirt.
- The demise of "J.Arthur's" in Catford was a sad blow to many.
- The Venue is not that good, only iuf you like old music or live bands. The
Oasis tribute band Wonderwall once played there which was pretty good.
Did anyone see that?
Langtrys is alright too but the bouncers sometimes kick you out for no reason.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: madfan, Kate Organ, Chris Flynn, Andrew Milton, Ru, steve g, Des Sampson, ami, Mike keogh, pennywise, Helen, jenny collins, Andrew Stevens, al, Paul Dixon, generic, Kirsty, Janice, phil p, AJ, Andrew Lawrence, jamie, Alan James, Anna, MICHAEL TROTTIER, Kenneth Abraham, Marlon and Tyrone, Anna J, al booth, jackie banham, Martin Perrett, Louise, billy o' conner, Daniel Mackay, Jams, jim driver, James Wild, Nick Leach, Victoria Wainwright
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Lewisham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lewisham Knowhere Board