Favourite Building in Lewisham, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Lewisham.
- Station is pretty cool and very futuristic... could Lewisham undergo a cultural renaissance?
- Deptford Town Hall, New Cross with its statues of famous explorers and seamen or the interiors of the Montague Arms, New Cross Gate or the Rivoli Ballroom, Crofton Park.
- the tory club bit in catford not that i'd go in there
- Deptford Town Hall (New Cross)with its statues of explorers and mariners, Ladywell water tower and Lewisham clock tower. Also the interior of the Rivoli Ballroom at Crofton park.
- Bunjy-jumping Jesus, as my mate calls it - the catholic church with the HUGE tower and the son of god poised to leap off the top, on Lewisham high st
- Wonderful 1900-ish houses on Loampit Hill & Lewisham Way. Some of them painted silly colours.
- The art deco building on ladywell bridge, I think it's a glue factory or seomthing.
- southeast london college lewisham way
- The main building of Goldsmiths College on Lewisham Way.
- The Lewisham Clock Tower, the Co-op building (Yates') and Lewisham Theatre.
- The 'Hansel and Gretal' House on New Cross road. Its called that cos its a
colourful house - anyone who has passed it will know it.
Citibank - because although it dont look that good, its probably the most famous
thing in Lewisham. Hugh Grant mentioned it on the radio (capital) once (maybe
he lives in Lewisham).
Also the catford cat. Did his arm used to move in the eighties? I thought it
did but everyone seems to think different.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: madfan, Kate Organ, Chris Flynn, Andrew Milton, Ru, steve g, Des Sampson, ami, Mike keogh, pennywise, Helen, jenny collins, Andrew Stevens, al, Paul Dixon, generic, Kirsty, Janice, phil p, AJ, Andrew Lawrence, jamie, Alan James, Anna, MICHAEL TROTTIER, Kenneth Abraham, Marlon and Tyrone, Anna J, al booth, jackie banham, Martin Perrett, Louise, billy o' conner, Daniel Mackay, Jams, jim driver, James Wild, Nick Leach, Victoria Wainwright
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Lewisham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lewisham Knowhere Board