Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Llanidloes, Powys*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Llanidloes.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Carl Edwards off ITV Wales news went to Llani High when I was there. I saw him driving through town the other day and he was singing in his car!
- I'm Adam Woodyatt's cousin, and yes he did live near Llani, in Llidiartywaun. His parents don't live here anymore though.
Also, Robert Smith from The Cure is supposed to have a place in Cwm Belan.
- Tony De Vit's co-producer now lives in Llani Town!
- Just read yesterday that the parents of Murray the "Hump" (who was Al Capone's right hand man and was one-time public enemy No.1 in America) were from Llanidloes.
- I read an article on how remote Wales was in "The Wales on Sunday" about 3 years ago. They claimed Salman Rushdie was in hiding in the Llanidloes area during the time "Satanic Verses" was published.
- sanjays mum of eastenders lives here!i think......
- Correct. Ian Beale( Adam Woodyatt)did live in Llani,well just outside.I think his parents still do.
Not a very popular lad in his schooldays though by most accounts.
There are loads of famous/infamous residents in Llani; Berty Slawson,Des Pugh and Gomer to name just a few.
- Someone from Eastenders went to the school, I think. I maybe mistaken. It was Ian (cindy's x-husband) I think, I am not sure.
The great oak cafe saw a few famous people walk in to. I was told.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Ben, hgjgjg, Me again, Dj wobble, richard, pfh, Adrian J. Shepherd, Griffy, ash, lx Gold, DAV, Angharad Rees, Caroline, Simon, danny, HannaH, Lynda Williams, Emma, andrew perrott, generic, ??, David Hicklin, Sarah Hamer, Rich Williams, simon Gardner, Simon Parkes, Dai from Swansea, bujin
Last updated: 2008-06-26
More stuff about Llanidloes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Llanidloes Knowhere Board