Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Luton.
- street corners.
- The White House is host to a diverse mix of patrons, ranging from the homeless to those who's main form of income is derived from the ability to successfully match up demand with supply (and fastidiously negotiate the terms) with regards to the provision of narcotics to the local populace.
In the winter months the open fire is a great attraction to those of no fixed abode, and many will flock to its comforting warmth whilst taking up to eight hours to consume a single pint.
For those wishing to avoid such environs, there is an upper tier to the main section of the establishment which one can access via a slightly curving stairway. It is the presence of these stairs that provides an impenetrable barrier to those in an inebriated state and hence this raised area provides a reasonable haven for couples and those of sound mind who are attempting (if only for a moment) to imagine that the accident of their birth or economic circumstances had not led them to be residing within the well of despair that is Luton.
- My shed! poppin pills, sniffin coke, blazin up. all these norty people tut tut
- the place to be is in town at the circle (market hiil). an amazing place to skate and meet up with everyone.
- Bench outside Boots in the Arndale. Nice and central
- Beechwood Junior school playing field in the 80s, football, tag and jumping on the school building, remember the black paint they put on the drain pipes, no damge was ever done and jumping over the school fence at the back of my garden to play football in the summmer was perfect
- Peoples park/popes meadow...good place for underage drinking. Local hightown shop will serve you, dont come if you are going to drink cheap cider, its only the real thing for us lot eg holsten pills, guiness ect ect
- the bus stop opposite the summerset tavern
- The phone box on Pastures Way...oh, hang on a minute, they wrecked it the other night.
Dominic Square, Lewsey Farm
- Leagrave Park if you went to Lealands. Suppose every school had its own hang out. Easy days of going out wotih just a fiver and getting wrecked. No responsibilty.
- The police move any1 on ......
- Drunks; St Georges Square, outside the Library theatre.
Stoners; Generally Popes Meadow.
Junkies; High Town alley ways and just north of the ringroad, near Mary Kate's pub.
Annoying kids; Burger King end of the Arndale.
Old People; Market end of the Arndale.
- Phone boxes, for some reason. Also, it seems to be cool to hang out up at Asda. Wow.
- Well any of you ex ashcroft and putteridge students will remember Wandon park and the 'second field'. Many a night was spent over a glamourous and classy bottle of 'diamond white' or 'gizzies wine'. Girls and boys hurling abuse at one another before later on in in the evening settling down for a good two hours of fondling in the woods. Didn't we have style?
- People's Park,full of pupils from Stopsley High getting drunk.Also Round Green
- That arcade in the Galaxy center Bring a bottle - to smash over the other kids head.
- Outside Toor's corner shop on Ashcroft Road is where the tintown crew hang (much to Mr Toor' annoyance) If you venture near expect to be asked to supply them with drink/fags
- The new Galaxy Centre is really good and caters for everyone from 7 to 70! The arcade can be full of kids, but once it hit about 9 on the weekends they all disappear! My fav is the Harley Davidson racing game!
- The Purley Centre, Marsh Farm, the Arndale Centre and the Galaxy Complex
- purley park
- The games bit of the new multiplex in the town center. If you're over fifteen, you will feel very, very, old.
- The phone box on Dallow Road, near Sandhu's Supermarket - a favourite for the pre-teens. Andthe park on Dallow Road provides loads of after-dark scaring the shit out of yourselves stuff thatthey seem to go in for.
- If you're really stuck of a Sunday evening you can go down to the airport and watch the planes taking off and have a K.F.C. A bit depressing watching other people going on holiday, but if you're fifteen it almost seems like fun - and you can marvel at the very tall control tower and make jokes about huge erections.
- DUNSTABLE DOWNS - THE ONLY PLACE TO BE AFTER 2AM
- wheatsheaf....(or at least it was 10 years ago)
- THE ARNDALE CENTRE
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Richard Knowles, kelly, jen, ife oluwole, Rebecca North, geoffrey.greenfield, Vanesa, emz, peter macpherson, Mick Messer, Hazel Parry, Rosie, Rachel Pearson, ian wright, michael nanton, Anne Frick, Andy K, derry evans, Michael Serevena, Jim Black, Nas, Dave Bowden, sharon chesham, Young Raidz, Greg James, rhiannon baker, katie, Angus Gulliver, Cram T, spiderling, liam stack, reece sinclair, TINA WEST, cambridge adult education, Martin, andrea, micky, vaughan, alan, Matt Adcock, mike, Mikey, howie, Kaycee Jones, Zoe Jones, Tricia Nelson, james hutchinson, singles adult, Alison Benjamin, Gerry, Jeff Paper, Kranex, Laura Burgess, craig obrien, Anwar, Mark Shergold, Steven Ashby Howe, dusky romeo, Ben, Ms_Bok, james araci, Julie Clissold, knowitall, BASS LEGEND, Daniel Neville, A Yamaha rider, Alison, Tim, Alan Ergis, moriarty, ed slack, Lindz Delirium, chicbabymomca, Mach, rich jacob, Kev Pickstock, v dunnell, Imfromluton, Hazera Forth, Andrew McDowell, kate h, Heather Hammond, Perry Mortimer, K.Kashif, debbie, Gareth, Clare, Mohammed Akhtar, Le Forceur, eve shepherd, Elaine, Gary Churchman, Connor, Alan Webb, James Ashby, atlanta adult dating, Martin Walklate, jason, Mike Baker, markbignell, Ian Guild, daniel, k atkins, kelly mccarthy, Greg, Richard Shaw-Coleman, IanLay, haydar, Seb Harton, gina, big lots furniture outlet, Emma Tinsley, lee, Martin Winter, Joseph Young, Matty Urwin, adbotru, Trevor Mcilroy, Colin Keeley, peter worby, Ray Sills, Pete Larrett, Jonathan Hall, Richard Dimery, hoggy, bean, sarah waller, Mass, generic, Uncle Rob, Matthew McDermott, plik souris, JOE MOZELLI, Kate Jones, Jake Sexton, Wayne, the Veganator, Sarah, rob, G.Smith, Adam, liberal arts college ranking, Joanna, Mark Ford, arron, adam johns, Ian Clayton, vince, Hugh Byron, Scribbler, Ed, english swedish dictionary
Last updated: 2012-02-13
More stuff about Luton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Luton Knowhere Board