The Best Things in Maidenhead, Berkshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Maidenhead.
The Best Things
- The friends you grew up with
- Location, close to country and London
- Hot women.
- The river looks very pretty sometimes.
- Sunny days at the skatepark
- Camilla Horwood
- It's not Slough (so you don't get shot or mugged as easily), it's not Wycombe (so you don't get stabbed, get whores coming on to you, or injected with heroin so easily) It's not Bracknell (so doesn't have the worst architecture in Britain or a high population of teenage mothers holding prams and fags at the same time). Maidenhead is more middle class than some of its neighbours!
- Amy lives there
- getting drunk with mates and also just pissing about
- roof roof roof
- The shops look really nice
- shutting my front door and locking the weirdos out
- The Newt Rock Venue
- We're not Slough. Or Bracknell. And we're close enough to London for a decent Friday night, but just far enough away to survive the worst of a nuclear bomb.
- Berkshires Premiere Live music event! "New Rock Fallacy" featuring Rage DC, Jecano, Blind II Reality, Sextodecimo and Method.One all play live @ Newt & Cucumber, 2 Bridge Street, Maidenhead on Thursday 19th September. National magazine present at the event. Doors at 7:00pm. Finishes midnight. Not to be missed!
- Taking a walk along the 'Greenway' which runs from Cookham to Braywick park. Total peace and quiet, and beautiful.
- SKATE PARK AND PUSH
- Canadian Red Cross Memorial Hospital
- Why pay for an expensive all inclusive air ticket to New Delhi, when you can have the delights of India at your very own doorstep, free of charge. The ultimate holiday experience can be found in the capital, Claire Road. The essence of curry fills the air and you can't miss a flying turban!!
- Trains departing Maidenhead are reliable.
- the best thing about maidenhead is the lack of human interest in the town, you could be living in squalor on class A drugs and nobody would blink an eyelid
- Before the Bypass came through the town
You could walk around the Streets in safety
The Maidenhead Moor where one could walk through the Wild flowers in spring
Maidenhead Thicket Before the Motorway
Fishing Cookham or Windsor Towpath
- good schools.
- Not overcrowded on a Friday or Saturday night, however this can be a bit disconcerting if you are not used to it!
- Maidenhead is a wonderful town don't be put off by all the snobs moaning about irrelevent things it has alot of history and interesting places. I wouldn't leave my home town if someone paid me.
- Fit skater girls.
- Only on a rare occasion does this happen, but as you stroll along the high street trying to dodge the broken paving slabs a well dressed, good looking guy passes you. This gives the girls of M'head a little bit of hope and motivates them not to turn and run away from the town as fast as they possible can.
- The River makes it berable, otherwise we'd be long gone!
- All roads leading out of it (just don't turn back)
- My folks live there, as do a sizeable amount of my friends.
Oh, and the riverside's nice when it isn't full of tourists and shirtboys/wiggers.
- What! this is Maidenhead, Suburban hell!
- There are more Scottish, Irish and Welsh than anywhere else in England!!!!
- Italian Continental Stores is the most interesting food store, and also sells an extremely wide range of alcohol too.
- The Conca d'Ora Italian restaurant is just the best restaurant in town - the best food, the best staff.
- Now you're asking! I've lived here all my life (20 years) and this is a tough question. If you visit some of the pubs regularly enough, the bar staff will chat to you and be friendly. You become a local yocal! The town centre is reasonably small so it's not to far to walk between pubs.
- Loads of local skaters
- Summer Evenings outside, Boulters Inn, Thames Hotel, and Riviera, watching the passing boats and generally chilling out.
- Situated on the Cliveden Reach, the most beautiful stretch of the Thames.
- Only 25 miles from central London.
- You can be in the countryside in about two minutes.
- Walking down the river when there's no-one around. Cliveden country house is near by. Good for more of the above
- Not one but two Chocolate Shops: Thorntons and a Truffle shop.
- Motorola Computers UK are based there (long live the PowerPC) It's got a place called Winter Hill where everyone who wants a shag with their other half (in the car) - me included - goes.
- Winter Hill is not in Maidenhead, it's in the village of Cookham Dean. Bloody town's getting to close to the village as it is without giving bits away!
- You can get to Reading on the train for Alley Cats or The After Dark club without having to pay for a ticket - they never check! (I wouldn't do it myself of course!)
- London's West End is only half an hour down the road.
- The Stag and Hounds, The harp, and The Jack (now it has table football).
- At least it's not Slough.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Sid Barker, jill, David Horton, Jon Barber, julia, Lloyd Ramsay, patrina lester, Fernando, Vincent, Salsa, Phil Rennie, Vicky Sworn, Jeff Shine, Damian Cooper, Lon Coley, Ariadne Web Design, Tamara Mursell, zoe, Jake!!, emily, dave, Jess, Nicola, tony wheeler, Eto Demerzel, John Woffinden, Barnaby, Paul Williams, HB, Hayley Davies, steve, Katherine Belcher, Nick, linus, Steven Smith, rhiannon baker, Ed W, james b, ben sullivan, Jules, Amy, Annalise, malcolm, chris, paul kilford, damon torsten, Fiona Merrick, matt higgins, gez, Jennie, camilla horwood, xcoerw, Henry, Dan Morton, Pauline Middleton, kilford, wellcoolbuds, ian lake, Leah Sherwood, kate foreman, daniel reeves, Paul Baker, robert porter, rosie severino, generic, Andrea S....., sharon, DONNA, Sam, Jordan, David Cook, Emma Hare, Sarah, ADAM WEBB, saz, jade, Callum, Bud Gruner, John Smiths, Tim, Ibz, sandy, bob, Colm Murphy, Andy, fanny, Andy Lamb
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Maidenhead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Maidenhead Knowhere Board