Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Maidenhead, Berkshire*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Maidenhead.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- www.bassmentdnb.com twice a month @ the roof in queens street. Drum & Bass
- Phatz bar and the Hobgoblin :)
- Smokey Joes woohoo!.. Its down the street in the town centre near the methodist church and tescos
- "night shift" gd stuff, 2nd thursday of the month, 7.30 till 11
- Chicagoes- mainstream and painfully cheesy with some painful tribute bands and D list celeb guests eg Peter Andre and Maxwell from Big Bro. Que Pasa- pricey and full of yuppies that are so far up their own asses its unreal. The Bar 38-As Que Pasa.
- I moved from Maidenhead 8 yrs ago. (Its now 2005) Coming back it looks completely different. Loads of crappy so called trendy bars. Im glad I moved. same old faces new locations. The only club(apparently) Chicago Rock -or whatever it is called these days! just isnt worth going into.
- Ok not exactly club but certainly the best Funky House night in Maidenhead by far is Sticky Wicket @ Phatz Bar on the first Friday of every month, well worth a visit, normally the DJ's are accompanied by a percussionist & a Saxophonist, so it's a little bit different from the norm, very much on the lines of Hed Kandi.
- chicagoes is horrific and should be shut down. the toad is worse . the honeypot is scummy but funny. heroes is for zeroes bar thirtynot so great. the bear is rubbish. BUT BY FAR THE WORST PLACE IS THE HOBGOBLIN FULL OF STUPID TWITS TRYING TO TURN IT INTO A TRENDY BAR AND GETTING IT COMPLETELY WRONG . AGGY ITS NOT A RUGBY PUB THAT WAS HANKS ROUND THE CORNER AND EVEN THEY ARE MOVING WITH TIMES . SHOULD OF LEFT IT AS IT WAS 1998 ROCKED
- The Toad on the clocktower (or something like that) - diagonally opposite the cinema on 'grenfell island' - a classier type of 'chicago rock cafe', sambuca a bit pricey though. open till 1am i think, and a good laugh.
- The particularly bad Chicago's is the haunt of the most desperate alcoholics for after hours drinking with an average pint setting you back over 3 quid though any professional boozers wallet must be well lined. An alternative is Smokey Joes Roadhouse nicknamed 'The Phoenix' after it's resembelance to Peter Kaye's club in the series of the same name, where DJ's encourage many of the distinctly underage female patrons to dance around a golden pole in the middle of the dance floor.
- ok so wot maidenhead is hell of alot beta den slough at clubs i mean it has got betta bar 38 4 just one example den theres the toad etc......
- well were all off on a trip to heaven soon, slimnight, play paintball so not much time for clubbing.
- Heroes isn't really a club, but the staff are friendly, its open till 1am and the music isn't too bad at all - compared to Chicago's 1980s policy and The Bear's boyband/girlband/cheese policy.
- Berkshires Premiere Live music event! "New Rock Fallacy" featuring Rage DC, Jecano, Blind II Reality, Sextodecimo and Method.One all play live @ Newt & Cucumber, 2 Bridge Street, Maidenhead on Thursday 19th September. National magazine present at the event. Doors at 7:00pm. Finishes midnight. Not to be missed!
- The excellent Smokey Joe's for the terminally shite, or Chicago's for the somewhat more innocent looking reveller.
- zoots used to do a free bar on 70's night where you could get absolutely blotto for £2.50
- The Old Youth Club in Cookam Rd
Right opp the Pub
- erm- none?!! yup- shit, and if we did have one- some how a nice little town like ours- would still manage to hold 5 fights in one night.....either that or it'll close down after one week!(yr 2001)
- er clubbing?
- Mainly crap. Zoot's got taken over by Chicago Rock cafe. Dire. Stay in.
- Loads of clubs, populated by non-entities with acne. But if you like Damnce Music and posering this town is for you.
- Used to have one. Standard 'Pound a Pint - Fight a Night' Hellhole.
Now Chicago Rock, as frequented by hairdressers caked in make-up, and bored office workers looking for fights.
- I met my fiancee in Zoots. Now it's closed we can tell our kids it was dead classy.
- Zoots has shut (oh, shame) and been replaced by The Chicago Rock Cafe which is ok but God forbid if you get anywhere near the dancefloor with a drink
- What clubs? Zoots has shut now (oh what a shame!), and has been replaced by The Chicago Rock Cafe. Chicago's is a good night out, if you get past the "I'm well 'ard" bouncers. If they don't think you're old enough, they'll tell you it's over 23's. This is a lie, it's over 20's every night!
- Zoots (used to be The Avenue) fine if you look like you are 14 years of age or looking for someone that age. (Ripped jeans and trainers - no problem - they just want your dosh!)
- Smokey Joes Roadhouse (used to be the Silver Skillet). This place is blinding! Live music every night Thursday-Saturday. Always cover bands, and they are always excellent. For a fiver entrance fee you also get a meal. I can't comment on the quality of the food because I have normally had a few pints before I get in. (Ripped jeans and trainers are a no-no).
- OK. Zoots is closed (thank god). It has re-opened as Chicagos, which is heaving Fri / Sat, play 70's and 80's music and most people are between 25 and 35ish. The Bear has reopened after refurb, I don't go there anymore, it's too young now.
- Zoots is now the "Chicago Rock Cafe". TFI fridays with a different name, or Zoots with stricter dress code.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Sid Barker, jill, David Horton, Jon Barber, julia, Lloyd Ramsay, patrina lester, Fernando, Vincent, Salsa, Phil Rennie, Vicky Sworn, Jeff Shine, Damian Cooper, Lon Coley, Ariadne Web Design, Tamara Mursell, zoe, Jake!!, emily, dave, Jess, Nicola, tony wheeler, Eto Demerzel, John Woffinden, Barnaby, Paul Williams, HB, Hayley Davies, steve, Katherine Belcher, Nick, linus, Steven Smith, rhiannon baker, Ed W, james b, ben sullivan, Jules, Amy, Annalise, malcolm, chris, paul kilford, damon torsten, Fiona Merrick, matt higgins, gez, Jennie, camilla horwood, xcoerw, Henry, Dan Morton, Pauline Middleton, kilford, wellcoolbuds, ian lake, Leah Sherwood, kate foreman, daniel reeves, Paul Baker, robert porter, rosie severino, generic, Andrea S....., sharon, DONNA, Sam, Jordan, David Cook, Emma Hare, Sarah, ADAM WEBB, saz, jade, Callum, Bud Gruner, John Smiths, Tim, Ibz, sandy, bob, Colm Murphy, Andy, fanny, Andy Lamb
Last updated: 2008-01-14
More stuff about Maidenhead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Maidenhead Knowhere Board