The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Maidenhead, Berkshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Maidenhead.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
Maidenhead Town Bowls Club Situated in Oaken Grove, Maidenhead. New members and Beginners always welcome. Club re-opens April 1999 but in the meantime you can visit the Indoor Club at Desborough, situated in York Road for more information contact: Fred Harwood: 01628 826160
- need a club or sumting 4 the townies to keep away
- tried the west country for five yep count em five whole years and compared to that bumpkin infested pig racing cheese rolling incest pit maidenhead is almost passable
- Maidenhead, in general, consists of people who are very snobby, but without intending to be.
- Anybody remember when Maidenhead High St had two way traffic?
- Former Maidonian and WIRE JESUS co-founder Damon Torsten is getting the world grooving with his new band NEON - http://www.envy.nu/neonweb
- If you want to watch a load of Shirt-boys have a fight, stand outside the Bear Hotel at midnight when the place closes.
- The end of the high street (up by the church) is where Charlie and his friends stagger about- you can see them anytime of day drunk as anything and they're always ready to shout at you or sing.
- The best thing to do for entertainment in Maidenhead is to leave it.
- We now have a cinema, but is more of a T.V. studio. Only seats 100 people.
- Cinema: Was going to be TV Studio. Is now deserted. Looks like someone ran out of money...
- A weekly season ticket from London to Maidenhead is actually MORE EXPENSIVE than buying five daily singles due to some bizarre BR policy. The man at Maidenhead station said (and I quote) "I am responsible TO the management, not FOR them".
- There's a really cool a-capella group called "Voices in Harmony" based here.
- The following bands are based in Maidenhead:
At least one member of the band lives here.
- 02:00 am
- The Contenders
- Shaky Ground
- Jacobs Ladder
- Straight Eight
- Population 70,000
- Site of the largest brick arch in the world- Cheers Mr I K Brunel!
- Packed full of celebs, therefore too bloody expensive
- Apart from being overrun with 'tossers with attitude', and a bit of a non starter for shopping, pubs/clubs and entertainment in general Maidenhead is a good town to base yourself in - being close to many other places.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Sid Barker, jill, David Horton, Jon Barber, julia, Lloyd Ramsay, patrina lester, Fernando, Vincent, Salsa, Phil Rennie, Vicky Sworn, Jeff Shine, Damian Cooper, Lon Coley, Ariadne Web Design, Tamara Mursell, zoe, Jake!!, emily, dave, Jess, Nicola, tony wheeler, Eto Demerzel, John Woffinden, Barnaby, Paul Williams, HB, Hayley Davies, steve, Katherine Belcher, Nick, linus, Steven Smith, rhiannon baker, Ed W, james b, ben sullivan, Jules, Amy, Annalise, malcolm, chris, paul kilford, damon torsten, Fiona Merrick, matt higgins, gez, Jennie, camilla horwood, xcoerw, Henry, Dan Morton, Pauline Middleton, kilford, wellcoolbuds, ian lake, Leah Sherwood, kate foreman, daniel reeves, Paul Baker, robert porter, rosie severino, generic, Andrea S....., sharon, DONNA, Sam, Jordan, David Cook, Emma Hare, Sarah, ADAM WEBB, saz, jade, Callum, Bud Gruner, John Smiths, Tim, Ibz, sandy, bob, Colm Murphy, Andy, fanny, Andy Lamb
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Maidenhead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Maidenhead Knowhere Board