Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Manchester.
- st marys church is where we always meet in sale cheshire manchester it rocks for skating.
- We usually meet at NOTE skate shop.
- Lurking in front of NOTE on Tib Street.
- Note skateshop always has groups of skaters hitting the streets hanging out.
- note skateshop
- Usually lurk it up at NOTE.
- Gasworks back in the day. Projekts is the best place to hook up now. They've got a chill out area where you can watch skate videos all day!! they sell drinks and chocolate as well.
- Manchester men and women ready to meet up for friendship, love or SEX. www.ukflirt.vze.com
- Platt Fields park is nice
- any where as long as theres alot of you saftey in numbers you know
- sum where you dont no bcoz ur not wanted
- Urbis is FULL of mini moshers and goth wannabees STAY CLEAR!
- Metro stations are definetly the best, you can meet straight off the tram instead of prattering around Manchester on your own. I guess outside of Urbis is pretty popular to, if you wanna spot some people you haven't seen in years.
- sunny brow park gorton a place to chill with your mates and just hang out.top spot
- AVOID ALL THE GAY BARS IN MANCHESTER WHERE LEE BUTLER I THINK HES FROM A PLACE CALLED WEAVERAM, WEAVERHAM, WEVERSHAM IN CHESHIRE? HE WORKS IN ONE OF THE OFFICES ACROSS FROM WHERE WE WORK. HE'S HAD MANY GAY RELATIONSHIPS THROUGHOUT THE NIGHTCLUBS. JUST WATCH HIM HE TAKES ADVANTAGE BY LASING YOUR DRINKS BEFORE MAKING HIS STRIKE
- Picadilly gardens absolutly buzzing place, what a great atmosphere especially in the summer sun. Can get a bit cramped with people but always space to sit on the grass or cool off in the fountain!
- Afflecks palace is pretty cool. In summer lots of us hang at picadilly square fun to play in the fountains! Quite a few parks too.
- near victoria, the little park thingy, i always meet there.
- urbis, cathedral gardens. absolutely brilliant 4 moshers, goths, sk8rs, woteva u r.
- Urbis is a good place to meet up with mates before an adventure out skatin for the day! Otherwise any big place is decent enough cos its usually easy to find! Just a note; meetin places are best if they are near bus stops or train stations (metro included) and have easy routes to the best skate spots, so piccadilly gardens usually is cool.
- The Gasworks on Witworth street near lazer quest/ the ritz. There's usually some stoners there but i dont mind.
- coming from a busy city like dublin the entire city of manchester looked empty to me .. not what i expected...
- Little Hulton shopping precinct, they are twelve, they are angery and my god they are ugly!
- The Granby Near Umist. Great place for cheap beer and to meet up.
Get out before all the Scallies and Scum surface though.
- gas works near deansgaete trainstation
full of wicked grafitti snd a trashed sign turned into halfpipe
Alwasys sk8rs in pros :)
- bus stop
- Harry Halls for bike riders, always someone hanging about there......
- Victoria station
- the triangle or piccadilly gardens
- Oldham street is the place to meet!
- Mcdonalds on oxford road.
- Piccadilly Gardens. Not yet, but soon. Have you even seen what they're doin with it? Huge big pit and a bridge, WTF!!!
- M&S! It used to be Rock World, where the black eyed-linered hung, now it's M&S. THey must be the better class of black eye-linered.
- Yes, Manchester may be the toilet bowl of England that no-one bothers to flush but
- Anywhere in Openshaw, get the 219 bus from piccadilly gardens.
- Outside the Triangle on those giant white steps has now been taken over but metla and punk adolescents
- The burnt down Pavilion in Didsbury Park. Near the burnt bins and the burnt tree
- Definetly afflex. the main steps leading up to the poster shop, past wisdom are cool.
- outside Afflecks (church street entrance) if it's quiet, but be warned, don't hang around the oldham street entrance cos it's permanently packed full of 8-year-olds with bike chains hanging from their arses. They seem to congregate outside HMV on Saturday afternoons as well. You have been warned.
- picadilly gardens is no more i must remark they are building a huge building there - how dare they get rid of it. i mena where can people go n smoke joints?, skate?, get pissed?, TELL ME ?!
- afflecks-colliseum (in northern quarter) exit & wisdom sk8 shops
- picadilly (mud pit) gardens, plenty of buses stop there, also metrotrain and close to coach/train station. bit of building work going on, don't know what the hell they doing to it.
- Afflex Palace top floor cafe for all the youngsters, but it has to be said, it has new owners who are kicking people out for not having bought anything. Fair enough really but sort of brings down it's hookup value. The rest of the places have gone, except perhaps outside the Salisbury off Oxford road on a Friday or Monday night. Korn hoodies and offspring Ts ahoy!
- Im one of those"Scallys" who hangs around on Sunnybank, and im also sick to death of those old bids who keep moving us on!!
- Picadilly Gardens on a Saturday afternoon seems to be a hook-up spot for individuals with identical Korn t-shirts.
- The fountain in Picadilly Gardens, the benches at the top of the stairs in the Coliseum, and the basement of the Coliseum.
- Piccadilly Gardens - great skateboarding spot and even better if you're on the pull!
- Best hook up spot? Affleck's! They've also got cheap band name tops at clampdown records on the second floor. Go to Affleck's, young and funky freakos!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: email@example.com, Carol Butterworth, laura, Kim Lloyd, tart tatin, Dookie (manchester born n' bred), BIFF, RollnRock, Stu, rherye, sara allen, Geoff, jolan, Martin Evans, tone, M Harrison, richkid, burnageheritage, Joe Dobiecki-Davies, ermmmm, Tony Goodall, Tony Crowley, cagga, D, James Cook, Dave, preyesh oza, clint rebson, Tom, Leon, pink rabbit, Ottilia, nashi, robyn, Jackie, Monica Boland, Aimi, DJ Miguel, Pete, phil nevel, hannah, LIAM WHITE, Katie Potatie, Umbongo Royale, dee, sara, david kan, John Risby, sarah, Pharme112, Olly, claire stonier, rachel, felix, Alfrid Davis, Martin, BEN, nick, vern foukecey, BOSH, True northerner, Lancashire_Goddess, mouse, Kev, Peter, Fergus Tobin, Ian Guthrie, jerome, Tristan, dave coyne, Mike, Alisha, jean, john boley, jjohnson, sally, TED, Gerry, bobbobadobob, dez the onion, james moore, Alex, Robert Memory, dean taylor, matty lavin, Graham Ball, Frances O'Rourke, asdfjk, mike walker, DoOkS!, Frank, Evie, Jason Stats, CHRIS, Lauren, juan maria carlos blanco, Frank Evans, Me_Again, Mata Hari, Luke Elwick, Calum Barrow, Ste, mark bell, Manchester Tart, mancmanc, Andy, Lyds, paul, aleks, Ting, ema, Matthew Woodhouse, Ben Rossington, Lisa Mc Hugh, Simon Shone, cinderella, mark, Anton Allen, dense, Brian Johnson, buzzescorts, Matt, Sweaty Betty, Robert MacRae, melanie, jon sutton, lisa noone, Stephen Hoang, Hazel Grove, Bartons, Lol, debs, R.Stafford, Kelly Keenan, Kat Cooke, Marc Mills, James, matthew drinkwater, Aimee Stephens, siobhan, LoLLi, emily, Me, James 'Dr.' Walsh, Phil R, ceri, beard, Jay Arnold, Elaine, susie, Onion, gwen, krister, patrick o'dea, jamie, inquiziter, James Jepson, Phil, justin, Phil howes, Sharples, daniel, Mingin'Manc, Ben Wolstenholme, Bob, Heather, Lorraine prince, Steb, Emmy, Kev Stronach, Tony D, Tony, Jane, Cruela De Vil, Jay, Roy, dougie wainwright, Pinky, bert, jo - southern wuss - coffey, triplesod, Pete Long, mike hindley, Chris Butler, Ellie, rick lewis, Lynn Burch, robert haro, Bill, Luke, john, saucy-nan, Lauren Whitehead, Milly McNeany, steve jones(jonah), chu mi, Jonathan Charles, sam, generic, James Walsh, MEL, jamie doherty, Richy Rich, Rio, Dave Fish, Lindsey, fiona, Taavi Tillmann, Black Sheep Store, Lovey Cravesit, daf, Adam, Adrian Adamson, XmikemossX, Peach, Paul Gwyther, Stephanie, Doj, Silverback, ian richens, lisa, groover, KAT, bleh, dave davis, Dennis Nadin, rye, Gareth Davies, Matt MATT, The Studiosound, Dan Grriliopoulos, Steve
Last updated: 2008-01-26
More stuff about Manchester
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Manchester Knowhere Board