Cringing Cult of Celebrity in New Romney, Kent*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about New Romney.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Karen Oliver.
- Barry Thomas..............nounce....
- Anybody remember Karen Kendall?
- sorry barrie clarke MOVED in 2005 from spitalfield lane though he did live there for a long time
- Fat Overweight Twats who still think they are 14 years old when they are really 24 years old with 4 kids through 4 different fathers fighting in the new inn.....what a town..
- there is a name at the bottom of the page, who had added to this site, he is a convicted for having images of a wrong nature...SH
- there is a bloke who was in black adder a few times that lives off the high street.
- ANDY LISSAMORE, The best bass player in the world and used to play with the world famous BIGSKY (I should know I was the drummer) used to live here, and have been know to get very drunk in most of the pubs
- Derek Jarman
That actor Kevin Collins (he was in Bravo Two Zero, he's a long-boarder but a rude recluse)
Johnny Phillips 'Get away from me or I'll shoot you all like dogs' in Titanic
Yolanda Vasquez (from that Yorkshire Dales series with doctors)
- people who worm there way into pubs working there and pretend to be your friend, then rob you when your not looking, come on you know who you are......
- Super Tramp used to stay in Sussex Road sometimes.
Jimmy Hendrix apparantly used to play at the Ship Hotel.
I saw Chris Evans in The Rod and Line chippie.
- Two strange little ladies who seem to show off their tounges alot....cuties though!Pretty mad hair at times!
- Gerald Garett and Big Kev will always have a place in our hearts.
- Anyone who's anyone has visited the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway - from the Queen to Laurel & Hardy. And yes, Keith Chegwin came with Swap Shop in 1979 - I was one of his interviewees - that makes me a famous resident too!!!!
- Barry from eastenders once came here?!?
- Soon to be famous- S.Patterson of Ordinary People. Already recorded with Paul McCartny and played with Brand New Heavies. Signed to BMG.
- (1)Nicholas Witchell from BBC News
(2)Joh Stalker - ex head of Scotland Yard
(3)Derek Jarmain - film director (unfortunately now dead)
... the list is endless
- Sir Condon (Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police)grew up in New Romney!
- Jools Holland has been spotted at the railway and Cheggers once went there with Swop Shop
- Barrie used to live next door but one to my folks house. He's quite a nice bloke, he let me
and my sister join his firework party one year
- The former Police Commissioner Sir Peter Imbert lived and went to school in New Romney.
- The 1980's pop group 'The Thompson Twins' used to live near the beach. Paul McCartney uses Lydd Airport for his private jet. You can hear it taking off at all hours of the night and day.
- There is a painter called Barrie F Clark who lives in Spitalfield Lane. Another local painter called Terry Anthony who lives near the Indian. Then there is me!!! Danny Baker visits often. Vic and Bob live nearby. Chris Evans has been spotted, rumour has it that he has a house on the seafront, but who knows???
- George Cole [Arfur Daley] used to have a place here - oh yes, and it's said that one of Great Train Robbers hid out here.
- None as such but plenty of wanna-be Victor Meldrews harrassing everyone under 70.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: CHERYL LONGMAN, sophie, darren streeting, Vic, Dream Date, nickiescott, james, mark, David Ovenden, Rupert, Merv James, Tim Grose, Rick, Seeker, Rob James, dr syn, Billy, Johan, kevin, bernie burnett, firstname.lastname@example.org, pike rude boy with pregnant 12 yr old, Peter B, cockney, John Litherland, Jane Paterson, Djn, southlander...ahhh!!, kook, Laura Taylor, Dave, Samantha, Elly Davis, Tanya, sophie Holt, michell brown, Steven, N Batten, Choices, kev, Em, geoffrey, Jeff M., Liz, sophie n han, Embla, Amanda Kirk, ken b, andrea cassidy, longlob, lee, Stuart`, The Welshman, kerry carruthers, N, Brian Beecroft, alan, mike, berg, RS, Rod, stewart, Steve Holderness, garth crooks, Rebecca Clayton, John Harrison, matt, London England, Paul Jay, generic, fakeynamey, franklin giles, Jo Regan, Poopu, kevypee, Bob Hudson, A259, anna suckling, Shirley Johnson, andy, Lawrence Piddock, Stuart benton, Yorkshire Wallie, gary, Helen James, ash, MillyMolly, Rob, michell jarvis, Dickie, Gary Clements, Ian Kirk, Geri, Lindsey Gill, kayleigh sullivan, majickal fred, Cezzman, paul
Last updated: 2016-06-13
More stuff about New Romney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Romney Knowhere Board