Cheap Food in New Romney, Kent*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about New Romney.
- ROMNEY SPICE INDIAN RESTAURANT is the best restaurant in kent best food best service mony worth,
- Subway in where the old printers used to be. yum yum.
- not the pilot at lydd on sea, chip shop at greatstone, demitrios greatstone, romney sands hotel littlestone great for cream teas
- Broadacre Hotel was very disappointing. Steak & Chips - Steak was average but chips were reconstituted. Special of Cheese & Spinach Bake seemed more deep fried than baked with little evidence of any spinach. Lager was flat. Service at other tables seemed as erratic as ours: Wine arrived without glasses, food without cutlery and desserts came out individually some minutes apart for one couple. We would not go back.
- Romney Spice has a lot of good reviews so we thought we’d try it out. We found it a bit intense. We were grilled by the waiters about where we lived etc. Nice that they took an interest, but they seemed to be trying a little to hard. Food was OK, but we prefer the Ghandi at the other end of the High Street.
- Greatstone Fish Bar, opposite the beach, by the Jolly Fisherman. Fish is huge and freshly cooked so is gorgeous. Lovely crisp chips. Clean, modern, very popular. Busy in the summer but well worth the wait!
- THE BRITANNIA INN...Dungeness .. the food is fresh the service is great and the atmosphere is is like a proper pub.. and at least its open at night !!
- BRITANNIA INN DUNGENESS great food and great people good service and the new menu is ok i also hear on the grapevine a little asian food will be available on special days yum yum
- dont go to that dump down the avenue, it is crap, chicken pinker than well any pink thing utter waste of cash...
- Magpies, excellent grub at a reasonable price, highly recommended for a romantic meal for 2.
- Bloomin' Pizza's from Dymchurch; Lydd Kebabs; Hong Kong & Wosing Chinese Takeaways; Ghandi & Romney Spice Indian Restaraunts; Rod and Line Fish Bar; Cinque Port Arms; Broadacre Hotel; Warren Inn - all nice places to eat.
- The gandhi tandoori is da best
- mmmm, kebab...
- For a high quality meal in pleasant surroundings check out the Old Schoolhouse in Hamstreet. And why you're there, why not frequent the Duke's Head or nearby Woolpack.
- chinese down the avenue is the best
- WO SING ROCKS
oh yeah...if you ever do an allnighter and get very drunk and are still awake at 3am, do what liam did... Go to the romney spice, head butt the first door...then go inot the second door, inot the restraunt...by this time, all the waiters will b sat around smoking. Now put ur hands on ur head and shout ROMNEY SPICE and then ask if they are open, giggle and run away.
- The Ship is a shit hole, the cinque ports is ok dont even stop in the new inn, try the woolpack in brookland, good food even better is the price, mind you the Cinque ports does a 32oz steak its fucking big, not bad for the price either..
- new menu at the cinque ports is the best in town.
- The Pilot in Dungeness has changed hands, apparently they are serving fresh fish now, I don't know what they have done but the food is awesome and the portions gut busting. The Directors is rather(too)good as well.
- Dont go to the new inn, its a dump. they got there kitchen condemed. smell Hole
- The cinque port arms does a good steak, not bad for the price
- VERY nice Indian at far end of High ST
- Expensive, tacky, ew.
- two chinese take aways and now two indian restaurants !!!!! I tried the new onw the other day - chicken was a bit dry.
- Cherubs tea rooms in New Romney is a good place for a nice bacon sarnie and the waitresses are polite although one in particular is extremely rude when asked to do something!
- Try the new 'Maharaja of Romney' it's pretty damm good!
- the Cafe bistro wedding venue
know mainly for it's breakfasts
but now is getting a good name for evening meals too
all served with a choice of over 10 types of fresh vegetables
also an ideal venue for the smaller wedding as featured on radio invicta and radio kent
- Coastal Kebabs at Greatstone do a wonderful chicken doner and great when you are starving hungry as they are not mean with the portions!!
- There used to be a van outside the garage once-it sold delicious burgers.
Perfect for that munchie moment.
- The Gandhi happens to be the best Indian restaurant in the world.. shame the rest of Romney pales into
- Check out the Gandhi Tandoori, worth the money
- The Romney Grill if your looking for good home cooked meals and plenty of them.
The Pilot at Lade, you've never seen fish and chips so big.
- New Romney has probably the most popular Indian Restaurant in Kent. The Ghandi Tandoori is well worth a visit.
- Not enough unfortunatley. The nearest MacDonalds is not near enough. Everything closes too early.
- The Broadacre Hotel, just off New Romney High Street, is a family run hotel, serving great food and a good pint of Burton Ale!!
- The Pilot (actually in Dungeness) is OK.
Famous for its fish and chips. One day, after eating here, Derek Jarman discovered Prospect Cottage.
- Give the Cinque Port Arms at 1 High Street a try. They do home cooked food in a friendly atmosphere. The beer's not bad either but I'm not sure about that barman Roi, (the one they call "Tinkerbell").
- Also there is a lovely fish & chip shop near the RH&D railway station, keeps short hours though (the fish & chip shop!)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: CHERYL LONGMAN, sophie, darren streeting, Vic, Dream Date, nickiescott, james, mark, David Ovenden, Rupert, Merv James, Tim Grose, Rick, Seeker, Rob James, dr syn, Billy, Johan, kevin, bernie burnett, email@example.com, pike rude boy with pregnant 12 yr old, Peter B, cockney, John Litherland, Jane Paterson, Djn, southlander...ahhh!!, kook, Laura Taylor, Dave, Samantha, Elly Davis, Tanya, sophie Holt, michell brown, Steven, N Batten, Choices, kev, Em, geoffrey, Jeff M., Liz, sophie n han, Embla, Amanda Kirk, ken b, andrea cassidy, longlob, lee, Stuart`, The Welshman, kerry carruthers, N, Brian Beecroft, alan, mike, berg, RS, Rod, stewart, Steve Holderness, garth crooks, Rebecca Clayton, John Harrison, matt, London England, Paul Jay, generic, fakeynamey, franklin giles, Jo Regan, Poopu, kevypee, Bob Hudson, A259, anna suckling, Shirley Johnson, andy, Lawrence Piddock, Stuart benton, Yorkshire Wallie, gary, Helen James, ash, MillyMolly, Rob, michell jarvis, Dickie, Gary Clements, Ian Kirk, Geri, Lindsey Gill, kayleigh sullivan, majickal fred, Cezzman, paul
Last updated: 2011-07-21
More stuff about New Romney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Romney Knowhere Board