Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in New Romney, Kent*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about New Romney.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- The Ship Hotel disco every Friday night - very good night
- If you need a local disco try 07843197191 MK DISCO! excellent value for money .
- The ports some times has live music, but ever since kev took the pub he is more interested in getting lashed
- The renaissance was the new club, but got taken over by pike rude boys drinking red bull and acting well ard!!
- The closest thing was the Grasshopper or whatever it is called, if you are very drunk, and the lights are off, and you close your eyes you could almost fool yourself into thinking you were in a club. We went to La Parissienne most weekends too, thats now called Indigo but is the same as it always was.
- the grasshopper on a friday night used to be manic in the mid to late 90's
- Benji's / The Avenue / Grasshopper / Renaissance Club is no more. The club has closed down and is being rebuilt for other uses. Late night drinkers in New Romney currently have nowhere to go :(
- Youth Club...bangin choons for the new romney massive and the so true ivychurch crew *points and laughs*
- The worst club in the world award goes to.....Renaisance.......
- Used to be the grasshopper now rennaisance, what a shit hole. to expensive, to tacky, and full of rude boy wanna-be all dancing to garage(man)...
- Avenue club!...strangely enough, never felt compelled to enter! Could be something to do with the dark, skanky lookin entrance and signs spelt SO wrong. Illiterate sign writers not uncommon in this area I guess!
- The Hole down the avenue, I once stole the members book and felt guilty and returned it in the morning.
- Youth Club - apart from that - nowhere.
- The old grasshopper pub has been renamed 'the avenue club. And rumour has it , it's a bit crap !!
- The Ship of New Inn disco.
- Benji's was supreme-early 90's hotspot.Open until 2am (IN NEW ROMNEY) and for a period of time there was free pool.Does anyone remember the Scottish barmaid?
- a country and western club 4 old fogies,in the church!
- Well first there was Benji's which was the place to be in the 80's. That turnes into the Grasshopper, I heard that the owners won the lottery and so the owners of the pizza shop (that was) took it over. However the latest is that they got done for not having a license to stay open later than the pubs and nobody in their right mind would pay to get in that dive!!!
- Try 'Grasshoppers' Night Club and enjoy a nice pizza, (next to The Captain Howie public house and opposite the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch railway station) - last place to be open on a weekend night in New Romney!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: CHERYL LONGMAN, sophie, darren streeting, Vic, Dream Date, nickiescott, james, mark, David Ovenden, Rupert, Merv James, Tim Grose, Rick, Seeker, Rob James, dr syn, Billy, Johan, kevin, bernie burnett, email@example.com, pike rude boy with pregnant 12 yr old, Peter B, cockney, John Litherland, Jane Paterson, Djn, southlander...ahhh!!, kook, Laura Taylor, Dave, Samantha, Elly Davis, Tanya, sophie Holt, michell brown, Steven, N Batten, Choices, kev, Em, geoffrey, Jeff M., Liz, sophie n han, Embla, Amanda Kirk, ken b, andrea cassidy, longlob, lee, Stuart`, The Welshman, kerry carruthers, N, Brian Beecroft, alan, mike, berg, RS, Rod, stewart, Steve Holderness, garth crooks, Rebecca Clayton, John Harrison, matt, London England, Paul Jay, generic, fakeynamey, franklin giles, Jo Regan, Poopu, kevypee, Bob Hudson, A259, anna suckling, Shirley Johnson, andy, Lawrence Piddock, Stuart benton, Yorkshire Wallie, gary, Helen James, ash, MillyMolly, Rob, michell jarvis, Dickie, Gary Clements, Ian Kirk, Geri, Lindsey Gill, kayleigh sullivan, majickal fred, Cezzman, paul
Last updated: 2012-01-10
More stuff about New Romney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Romney Knowhere Board