Magazine and Comic Shops in New Romney, Kent*
Mags, mags and more mags
You can tell us more about New Romney.
Magazine and Comic Shops
- VG. still there and going strong
- magazines yipeeee
- well...the big newspaper shop rules, every1 go there cos its great and the staff are very freindly *woop GO COLOURCRAFT YEAH woop* yeah...go there ok...and then there is the little 1 that is ok, and mr burly is friendly enough...just don't steal his parking space ?:|
- Surly Burley! Good little newsagents. Cheery weekend staff, always polite and helpful.
- Come and meet 'Smiler' at the small newsagent.
- Burleys is okay, but they never deliver magazines with free gifts - lazy buggers.
- Shipley was the godfather of paperboys and girls for decades.Not that grumpy really.He paints quite nicely too.
- I once made the mistake of buying a copy of Shoot! at Shipley's when the man himself was there.
If you're reading this Mr Shipley, I know what Golf is without you showing me the actions, thank
you very much!
- I once made the mistake of buying a copy of Shoot from Shipley's and had to put up with mad Shipley himself telling me how much he liked golf (actions as well!)
One of the reasons I moved....
- Don't bump into Mr. Shipley!!!
- Your best bet is the burleys shop-a bit cramped though.
- Mr Burleys Shop on the highstreet sells most mags you need and papers it has lots of sweets as well. Although it is quite small and has sunk into the ground. I think it's great as I used to do a paperound there!
- Mr Shipley's shop is a bigger affair and does the Lottery and sells more stuff. However, Mr Shipley is a grumpy old man!
Shipley's is the only half decent newsagents and that's run by some nutter (Mr Shipley). Be warned, don't mention anything that young people might like doing because it's guaranteed that Mr Shipley will have a bad opinion of it and give you a lecture.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: CHERYL LONGMAN, sophie, darren streeting, Vic, Dream Date, nickiescott, james, mark, David Ovenden, Rupert, Merv James, Tim Grose, Rick, Seeker, Rob James, dr syn, Billy, Johan, kevin, bernie burnett, email@example.com, pike rude boy with pregnant 12 yr old, Peter B, cockney, John Litherland, Jane Paterson, Djn, southlander...ahhh!!, kook, Laura Taylor, Dave, Samantha, Elly Davis, Tanya, sophie Holt, michell brown, Steven, N Batten, Choices, kev, Em, geoffrey, Jeff M., Liz, sophie n han, Embla, Amanda Kirk, ken b, andrea cassidy, longlob, lee, Stuart`, The Welshman, kerry carruthers, N, Brian Beecroft, alan, mike, berg, RS, Rod, stewart, Steve Holderness, garth crooks, Rebecca Clayton, John Harrison, matt, London England, Paul Jay, generic, fakeynamey, franklin giles, Jo Regan, Poopu, kevypee, Bob Hudson, A259, anna suckling, Shirley Johnson, andy, Lawrence Piddock, Stuart benton, Yorkshire Wallie, gary, Helen James, ash, MillyMolly, Rob, michell jarvis, Dickie, Gary Clements, Ian Kirk, Geri, Lindsey Gill, kayleigh sullivan, majickal fred, Cezzman, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about New Romney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- New Romney Knowhere Board