The Best Things in Newbury, Berkshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Newbury.
The Best Things
- Newbury is great for parkour if you practice it, by the bus station, and all around newbury, there are some places great for training and good runs aswell. PLEASE CAN WE ADD A PARKOUR SECTION. THANKSS
- Easy access to London/ Reading .. Variety of people .. People are friendly when they are drunk and despite the local media seems to think that the town is run by binge-drinking-teenage-yobs it's not that bad at all so don't believe it you can walk home at 4 in the morning and not come across anyone
- newbury comedy festival
- Sitting in the pub gardens out by the canal in summer.
A non-threatening place to go out on a Friday / Saturday night.
Only 45 minute train journey to London Paddington.
It's home :)
- Friendly folk, sense of history and community. Clean and generally tidy.
- A very pretty town. Perfect for family life
- everything is easy to get to i suppose
and vodafone being here raises the profile of the town i suppose
- 'Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name....'
- Relatively little street crime (unlike ten years ago).
Generally a good vibe.
They're doing the town centre up a bit.
- quit a pretty town
- Not *quite* Newbury, but the Jade Cottage in Thatcham
- bashing townies and rudeboys
- Easy to get out (to Reading London).
- Kennet & Avon Canal
Donnington Castle & Snelsmore Common
The By-pass (Apart from the fact that it went through Snelsmore)
- Not that far from London and something better to do.
Geese flying overhead in early evening.
- lots of countryside close by although its a but full of horsey types if you want remote then try (south)between sydmoton and inkpen or(north) the ridge way on the lambourn downs
- The local paper, market day AKA 'Pig and Paper day', the fact everybody knows everybody else!
- M4 is Close by
Fairly decent range of shops for size of Town
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crowley, meghan, Robert Eldred, Jordan Fish, helen, fern, dan, nick, craig, abbie, richard paterson, Nigel, steve McBride, Jim Jones, Neil Humphrey, caz, Haydn, Scott Cleeves, matt, Jonathan, Anthony Paynter, neil parr, isobelle cooper, greg, Sarah Curtis, Wayne Abbey, generic, G, Jo, Sam, Mark, Harry Cobb, F, pete, Chris Smith, Dave, alex crowley, Mandy, ant, Mag, duncan, Abbie Hart, rich, John R Howell, Ghandi, Bishop PooPoo, Michael Barraclough, Debbie Spencer-Jones, Gillian Durrant, I. frazer, warren, SDM, elayne connors, David, nathan, Mr. Kipper, sarah, JT, James Hunter, Mushroom, moo bum
Last updated: 2011-01-05
More stuff about Newbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newbury Knowhere Board