Cheap Food in Newbury, Berkshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Newbury.
- Botan and Bodrum are the take-away kings in Newbury. The pizza is actually better than Dominos in my opinion.
- The original Pig & Paper Newbury serves wonderful freshley prepared food on the premesis with the ingrediants sourced from local suppliers where ever possible... and all at such reasonable prices
- Sustenance really trendy retaurant for lunch and evening meal..superb
- Pizza Express nice place good food. Just opened is Sustenance fantastic food, reasonably priced, excellent service and trendy place.
- Rio's - in the Eight Bells Arcade (just off Bartholomew Street). "Probably the best flame-grilled burgers in the South!" http://www.newbury.net/rios/
- Slug and lettuse (just for the name)
- Ellora Indian restaurant.....nothing else.
- Travel a couple of miles to the Jade Cottage in Thatcham and get the Smoked Chicken stater. You won't be dissapointed. Or for takeaway Kings next door to the Jade do the most divine Lemon Chicken in the country.
- mCshits is the main place 4 quick food but the coffee/baguette shop opposite the canl is becoming popular!
- Cafe Parisa is now "Slug & Lettuce
Deep Pan Pizza has now gone
Best Chinese restuarants are in neighbouring Thatcham
- Pizza Express, Ask, Caffe Uno.
There's a mobile Chinese Takeaway that parks at the North end of Northbrook Street at night.
- sainsburys all day breakfast is the best newbury can offer if you want a cheep meal or rio's burger bar for a veriaty of 50 ways to serve your burger and they tast good
- If you like a good Ruby, try the Curry Garden or the Ellora. Both do tasty curry
- Cafe Uno, Cafe Parisa, Bar Cuba
- McDonalds(x2) , Burger King, Cafe Rouge plus a few other, , 3 Kebab Shops, Dominoes Pizza, Pizza Hut, Deep-pan Pizza, Perfect Pizza, Pizza Express, 4/5 Chinese Take-aways and a few Indian Restuarants. Most Pubs do food,
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crowley, meghan, Robert Eldred, Jordan Fish, helen, fern, dan, nick, craig, abbie, richard paterson, Nigel, steve McBride, Jim Jones, Neil Humphrey, caz, Haydn, Scott Cleeves, matt, Jonathan, Anthony Paynter, neil parr, isobelle cooper, greg, Sarah Curtis, Wayne Abbey, generic, G, Jo, Sam, Mark, Harry Cobb, F, pete, Chris Smith, Dave, alex crowley, Mandy, ant, Mag, duncan, Abbie Hart, rich, John R Howell, Ghandi, Bishop PooPoo, Michael Barraclough, Debbie Spencer-Jones, Gillian Durrant, I. frazer, warren, SDM, elayne connors, David, nathan, Mr. Kipper, sarah, JT, James Hunter, Mushroom, moo bum
Last updated: 2008-04-23
More stuff about Newbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newbury Knowhere Board