Cafes and Coffee Shops in Newbury, Berkshire*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Newbury.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Cafe Nero, it's good coffee that doesn't cost a million pounds, and doesn't double up as a mother and baby club on weekdays.
- The original Pig & Paper Newbury is the only supplier of Pitti fresh ground coffee and offers a full range coffee/tea menu throughout the day
- Starbucks, Costa, Nero, Shoemakers (Christian coffee/book shop) and also a nice little one down Weavers Walk.
- Note, Desmoulins closed in early 2004; pity as it was best coffee shop in Newbury and inexpensive too. Fortunately, Newbury now has a Starbucks which sells the best coffee in the world! The olnly bad thing about it is its rather small had can be hard to get a seat by the window.
Out to Lunch
- Toooooo many to list, they seem to have popped up everywhere!
- Bartholemew Street has plenty to offer
- Lots - but Scoffers in Northbrook St do the best sandwiches
- Costa Coffee, plus a handful of other little places. Caffe Soir on Bartholomew Street is out of the way enough to not get crowded, unlike Weavers (down an alleyway off Northbrook Street) which is good but popular.
- Boswells sells rather suspect Espresso Macchiato.
- Desmoulin, Scoffers
- Cafe Rouge and few others down Alleys in Northbrook street
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crowley, meghan, Robert Eldred, Jordan Fish, helen, fern, dan, nick, craig, abbie, richard paterson, Nigel, steve McBride, Jim Jones, Neil Humphrey, caz, Haydn, Scott Cleeves, matt, Jonathan, Anthony Paynter, neil parr, isobelle cooper, greg, Sarah Curtis, Wayne Abbey, generic, G, Jo, Sam, Mark, Harry Cobb, F, pete, Chris Smith, Dave, alex crowley, Mandy, ant, Mag, duncan, Abbie Hart, rich, John R Howell, Ghandi, Bishop PooPoo, Michael Barraclough, Debbie Spencer-Jones, Gillian Durrant, I. frazer, warren, SDM, elayne connors, David, nathan, Mr. Kipper, sarah, JT, James Hunter, Mushroom, moo bum
Last updated: 2008-04-23
More stuff about Newbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newbury Knowhere Board