Buskers, Street Entertainers in Newbury, Berkshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Newbury.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Nutty Nigel who is the towns piss-head tramp, Shaun who walks around yelling hello to every one but in a friendly way, Penny Man who will chase after pennies if you throw them, Poo Man who well you can probably guess by the name ..
- Nutty Nigel! Not seen him in a while though.
- Gandalf - a local tramp / alcky with long grey hair / beard and a pronounced hunchback. Can be seen walking Bartholomew Street & Andover Road and keeping a keen eye out for orcs / goblins.
- Gregs sister everyone knows her to well . he he
- 'Nutty' Nigel is still alive and kicking (and drinking no doubt) as witnessed by myself several weeks back. An honourable mention should go to another local character Jimi Hendrix who despite not really looking like the guitar legend does have an interesting habit of walking into McDonalds and grabbing as many trays as possible and violently hurling them at anyone in the line of fire. Still it certainly makes the food taste better and the decor more appealing. Ban the no drinking on the streets rule and lets get these 'street entertainers' back on 24-7 form.
- Plenty of street entertainment on the Taxi rank in the market place late at night!!
- Where is Nutty Nigel nowadays?
- people do busk in northbrook st but i dont know how much wedge they make
- Just to update the records we feel that there is a new critically aclaimed busker in Newbury who goes by the name of Kevin B and resident of the five star YMCA.
- NUTTY NIGEL..he's alive and well..saw him Sunday 28/07/01 singing with friend's by woolworth's.
- Nutty Nigel - infamous - not been about for a while.
- Variety throughout the year, mainly on market days, i.e. Thursdays and Saturdays
- Occasinal Man with Guitar.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crowley, meghan, Robert Eldred, Jordan Fish, helen, fern, dan, nick, craig, abbie, richard paterson, Nigel, steve McBride, Jim Jones, Neil Humphrey, caz, Haydn, Scott Cleeves, matt, Jonathan, Anthony Paynter, neil parr, isobelle cooper, greg, Sarah Curtis, Wayne Abbey, generic, G, Jo, Sam, Mark, Harry Cobb, F, pete, Chris Smith, Dave, alex crowley, Mandy, ant, Mag, duncan, Abbie Hart, rich, John R Howell, Ghandi, Bishop PooPoo, Michael Barraclough, Debbie Spencer-Jones, Gillian Durrant, I. frazer, warren, SDM, elayne connors, David, nathan, Mr. Kipper, sarah, JT, James Hunter, Mushroom, moo bum
Last updated: 2008-06-02
More stuff about Newbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newbury Knowhere Board