Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear in Newbury, Berkshire*
Stockists of gear to make good sounds
You can tell us more about Newbury.
Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- hogans on the highstreet
- The long standing Hogan's music which has a good selection of instruments, for DJ gear round the corner is DJ TEC
- Guitars: Hogans, Strings: Philip Brown. Dawsons in Reading is pretty good all-round for starter instruments.
- If you want a guitar, Hogans is great, but they've stopped doing classical instruments really. If you've got the time, Dawsons in Reading is good too, they still sell lots of classical instruments, but don't have a huge selection of string instruments. If you're looking for high-quality string instruments, Philip Brown in Newbury sells a good selection of violins, violas and celli, but you have to be prepared to spend a fair bit. Definately worth it though.
- hogans music and a DJ shop
- Hogans Music Shop, about a minutes walk from the town centre.
- Hogan Music Ltd, 40 Bartholomew St, Newbury, Berks RG18 5LL. Tel 01635 37868.
Established in 1986 Hogan Music moved into their new 2000 square feet premises a couple of years ago. They are a general music shop with a wide selection of guitars, amps, fx, PA gear, brass, woodwind and accessories etc. Julian their guitar repair guy is a qualified guitar luthier and studied at the London Guildhall University.
Check out their website at www.hoganmusic.co.uk
- Hogan's Music
- hogans hogans hogans .wot no one heard of esp just down the road 'ESP' started off as a disco shop selling decks to people with wide lappels
but its developed to a reasonable equipment shop.doesnt sell instrements but has a good range of stuff like mics,monitor speekers, guitar & bass combo's leads and DJ stuff like decks and mixers.
- Hogan's Music stocks a wide range of guitars and equipment, alongside classical instruments. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and the prices are realistic (if not as cheap as online). Big Boss Man & Skooby's Nasser used to work there, back in the day...
- Hogans music, quite a little shop, gets cramped when theres 4 customers.
- Hogans Music
- hogans in craven rd is resonable. sells sheet music &guitars rather than techno wizardry but worth a look
- Hogan. Owners are friendly, but the repairs constitute the shiftiest workmanship I've ever come across. Some good deals on secondhand stuff though. Nice guitars too.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crowley, meghan, Robert Eldred, Jordan Fish, helen, fern, dan, nick, craig, abbie, richard paterson, Nigel, steve McBride, Jim Jones, Neil Humphrey, caz, Haydn, Scott Cleeves, matt, Jonathan, Anthony Paynter, neil parr, isobelle cooper, greg, Sarah Curtis, Wayne Abbey, generic, G, Jo, Sam, Mark, Harry Cobb, F, pete, Chris Smith, Dave, alex crowley, Mandy, ant, Mag, duncan, Abbie Hart, rich, John R Howell, Ghandi, Bishop PooPoo, Michael Barraclough, Debbie Spencer-Jones, Gillian Durrant, I. frazer, warren, SDM, elayne connors, David, nathan, Mr. Kipper, sarah, JT, James Hunter, Mushroom, moo bum
Last updated: 2011-01-04
More stuff about Newbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newbury Knowhere Board