Skateboarding Spots in Newbury, Berkshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Newbury.
- Skate park (if you can call if that) at Victoria Park and also just along the road in Thathcam
- victoria park has a state ramp and i think pigeons farm park is meant to be good as well but i'm not sure as i don't skate board
- Theirs a awsum flat bank and a set of stairs next to holland & barrat.
- The band stand in viky parks good. its a five set about 2-3 foot high good for doing tricks off.
- the park at vikki sucks. but it doesnt stop losers skating it.
- we have vikki park. metal set up 6, flatbank, 6. driveway with planter and rail. 4ft spine and 4 and a half ft jump box. then 4, 5, 6 ft qrs. and a 3 panel wide mini which is 4ft and metal.
Street: Get Reall its newbury little kids in bayer and places like that as they do.
Pigeions farm AKA Pj Ladds. good fun concrete park flat bank. mini hipped drive way with 1ft planter, 4 ft quarter. small round rail and a grind box.
local skate team snaked skateboards has 1 video out and another out in october. www.snakedskateboards.tk
- Victoria Park (skate park)
Comet 4 and 7
Business Park (near comet)
Blockbuster curbs (near town centre)....they're kind of grindy
- Pidgeons farm park.
Find a business park on the outskirts of newbury, it has Mcdonalds, tescos, Pizza hut etc, go past them all and straight on at the roundabout, then follow the road along and take your 2nd left then your immediate right, the park is down there on the right hadn side. It has a lovely flat bank, a small driveway (a little too small) a smooth quater, foot high round rail and a manual/grind block. It's all as smooth as hell, a damn good park, better than the one in town.......
Victoria park in town sucks. Dirty surface, broken coping, scallies, tramps, bladers, little kids...This park sucks. Could have been real good but it's all ramshacle and breaking down...It has:
3 quarters of different sizes with massively protruding coping, leading to driverway with foot high double round rail across and dwon (bits of coping missing here), a spine and a nice box. On the other side of the park are 2 huge quarters a very steep flast bank and a sub box. And that is it. There.s a tiny stinking mini next to the park as well...but we shan't go there....All newbury skaters are arrogant ponces too, watch their pretty little skate mmovei they have for sale in creative kites...Well edited but that doesnt msake up for the lack of anything even remotely resembling something big or good. There's a few tasty bread n butter tech tricks, but to be honest there is no hint of Gnarliness, and that's what I wanna see....
Off the point....
There's a few bits of street in and around newbury, there's a business park out one side of newbury, but I'm not sure where with a place where all the electrical shops are, currys dixons etc...Well there they have a 7 set with nice run up and landing and a low double kinked rail...Stairs themselves are as little slim though but doable
- !!!NEW SKATE STORE!!! COMING SOON TO BARTHOLOMEW STREET, NEWBURY!!! MID 2003??
- Concrete 'Skatepark' at pigeons farm (Greenham) bit rough though. Recent dispute with bus drivers refusing to go there due to the constant missile attacks.
- Victoria Park still has it's purpose built ramp!
- sk8 park,bayer(many sloped wall about a foot high),in front of the town council(walls,steps) and kennet centre 4 fun running from security guards!!!!
- Purpose built skate/cycle park in Victoria Park
- Victoria park, has a Skateboard Ramp.
Sainsburys Car Park is popular
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crowley, meghan, Robert Eldred, Jordan Fish, helen, fern, dan, nick, craig, abbie, richard paterson, Nigel, steve McBride, Jim Jones, Neil Humphrey, caz, Haydn, Scott Cleeves, matt, Jonathan, Anthony Paynter, neil parr, isobelle cooper, greg, Sarah Curtis, Wayne Abbey, generic, G, Jo, Sam, Mark, Harry Cobb, F, pete, Chris Smith, Dave, alex crowley, Mandy, ant, Mag, duncan, Abbie Hart, rich, John R Howell, Ghandi, Bishop PooPoo, Michael Barraclough, Debbie Spencer-Jones, Gillian Durrant, I. frazer, warren, SDM, elayne connors, David, nathan, Mr. Kipper, sarah, JT, James Hunter, Mushroom, moo bum
Last updated: 2010-07-30
More stuff about Newbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newbury Knowhere Board