The Worst Things in Newbury, Berkshire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Newbury.
The Worst Things
- Nightlife is so poor .. Full of either Chavs/ Wannabe Ganstas (who think they are black and hard-done-by when they live in a four-bed semi and call their mum, mummy) OR even worse in some ways these stuck up pretensious wannabe ravers which is quite embarrassing .. No where to go if your underage .. Some local policeman are proper nob-cheeses
- the roads are pathetic. The planners don't seem to have had a clue about building them. Consequently they suck big time. No room for future increase in traffic! Hello, what's up with that?
- There's no cinema.
- Very boring in the evenings. Ugly women think they are special..."get a grip I mean". Gradually joining up with the scum in Thatcham. Newbury = vodafone and the sad boring no lifers who work there. Born and bred then dead in Newbury....about 75% of the population I think.
- Lack of cinema.
No trains back from London after 23:35.
- No cinema, thatcham next door
- 1. The Car Parks- not many spaces, very expensive and outmoded Pay & Display system.
More and more people are driving to Reading, Oxford or Basingstoke to shop.
2. The price of housing making it almost impossible for people to move here on their own
- townies deciding theyre gonna 'come and get us'
- No one wants to change and council won't let anyone have any fun.
- Speed Humps & Speed Cameras, try a few more 30 mph signs instead, they are cheaper!!
- Too mant pikey kids hanging around, booze costs way too much, Newbury's drug problem, House prices, Nothing much to do
- The bouncers on the pubs every Friday night. A bit off-putting...
- vodaphone trying to turn newbury into a matropolis
- Grotty council estates e.g Turnpike The Nightingales Skylings Sandleford Rise
- This town contains some of the most pretentious people I've ever had the misfortune to meet.And it's boring. And the lights were rubbish this Christmas.
- Vodafone, house prices (the two are connected!)
- Everyone knows each other.
House Prices are rediculous.
The recently Pedestrialised Town Center - Really annoying.
£500 Fine for Drinking Alcohol on streets
No Cinema, after they closed it 2 years ago.
Warehouse/Charlies(or whatever they decide to call it - Awfull Nightclub
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: crowley, meghan, Robert Eldred, Jordan Fish, helen, fern, dan, nick, craig, abbie, richard paterson, Nigel, steve McBride, Jim Jones, Neil Humphrey, caz, Haydn, Scott Cleeves, matt, Jonathan, Anthony Paynter, neil parr, isobelle cooper, greg, Sarah Curtis, Wayne Abbey, generic, G, Jo, Sam, Mark, Harry Cobb, F, pete, Chris Smith, Dave, alex crowley, Mandy, ant, Mag, duncan, Abbie Hart, rich, John R Howell, Ghandi, Bishop PooPoo, Michael Barraclough, Debbie Spencer-Jones, Gillian Durrant, I. frazer, warren, SDM, elayne connors, David, nathan, Mr. Kipper, sarah, JT, James Hunter, Mushroom, moo bum
Last updated: 2008-06-02
More stuff about Newbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newbury Knowhere Board