Hookup Spots in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- Eldon Square (a.k.a The Green or Goth Green) not the shopping centre but that marvelous square of grass that the shopping centre is built around.
- Haymarket metro.
- every one meets up either at 5 bridges when its wet or exy when its dry
- Central station, loads of shiney new bars and restaurants.
- please update your views on the queens arms pub in shieldfield the guest ales it now offers are superb along with luvlly grub and great music (live ) every wed, great mix of students and sane locals toilets are also to be commended
- We hang out everywhere around town except for the green I personally don't like it.
- try goin to the old wh smith factory 1 f the doors are open its next to the casino nt far from the colledge it has lots ramps jersy barrrs chek out the lights and stuff!!!!! oppisite the keep the gap to bench and the 4 set chek tht shit out !! 5 ridges gateshead under neath all the bridge chek he gap out and the fukin beasty flat banks china town ledges try n find the 4 set hand rail c ya guys later SHOP AT NATIVE !!!!!!!! TRANSIT SUK BALLS
- normally most people meet up at monument (gray monument) the tall guy who looks over the city centre
- IF YOUR A GOTH OR STUDENT OR GAY THEN NEWCASTLE IS THE PLACE TO BE. HOWEVER IF YOUR NORMAL AND LIKE GOOD ENTERTAINMENT GO TO SUNNY SUNDERLAND
- Has to be the outdoor swimming pool in Tynemouth - perfect place 2 hang out and drink bottles of cider and lambrini and then be sick!! Hehe! Also the sand dunes opposite the boating lake in Tynemouth - great place coz lots of little hide outs! How sad we were!
- Always skaters at haymarket (just behind the metro station) and in the university next to a place called the old library and a building called Merz Court (just look at the maps all over the site). If you're about 14 then the green is always packed on a saturday. The council's just given planning permission for a skatepark to be built in exhibition park last week so keep an eye out.
- If you're in the west end the top of Kingsley/Normanton Tce is a cool placw to meet up. Its not that good for places to skate, but theres a playground there, and some park benches where you can meet your mates, have a blunt, and it's downhill down westgate all the way in to town from there!! or to Newcastle College, just down the hill. The residents are dead cool, and are used to people hanging around outside their houses. Sometimes the people who live there come out in to the street with loads of drums and stuff and have a party in the street - thers lots of asians and lots of students live there. As long as you're not being dead antisocial they're cool.
- Hippy green gets a big mention- but it is basically a small scrap of green in the middle of the city where people with easy access to eye liner sit about on a Saturday- most of the week it's pretty deserted. They also tend to be young people who think they are being original by being what they call alternative. What they actually means is that they are about 14 years of age, like Linkin Park etc and tend to cause more trouble than the people they refer to as charvas.
- mmmm, love underage sluts at the green....
- The green is the best for goths skater and punks but they are tar macking it that sucks. Charvers are not welcome because they bin gaths beause they hate them and they dress like tarts so all charvers out there-fuck off.
- Old Eldon Squaqre Newcastle "Hippie Green" skateboarders and nice peoples hang out
- the best hook up spot in newcastle has to he Hippy Green. charvers are not welcome so it's a hippy/goth/other's paradise. Watch out for police sent in to disperse all the " EVIL SATAN WORSHIPPERS!!!!"though as they can get stroppy
- Priory in tynemouth. good views, good people.
- the green (old eldon square). quality hang out place for "alternative" people, has an even better atmosphere. There is always something going on to amuse you. only bad thing about it is the constant agrivation fron charves, drunken men etc.
- You seem to have missed out Tillians in Princess Square,they pit a tremendous range of Rock bands on.Just seen Samantha 7,The Vibrators and earthtonetone9 are coming,you've got to get there!
- Exhibition park, there must have been about 50 kids there on friday.
- The old Eldon Square (the green) is a really cool place to hang out if you like that sort of thing. You meet really cool people and everyone gets along fine.
- Just beside Haymarket bus station, a cool place to hang out and a great long waxed ledge (now totally black). Weekends are very crowded. Nice punk babes there too.
- The best place to see fat girls shivvering in tight dresses is the
Monument on a Friday night. If you like you can sit in FM's and
watch spotty kids get stood up by lasses from their school. Great entertainment!!
- Rowlands Gill Country Park is a good place to meet with friends.
There is a large open grassy bit there where you can play football, and BBQ facilities.
But the best thing about it is that it is right on the Derwent Walk, an old wagonway
that has been converted into a cylce/walk/bridle path thing. Watch out for the large piles of horse poop though!
Near to the park are the Chopwell woods. Many local mountain bike comps are held here
and it is the best riding in the area with paths to suit all levels!
Another top hook up spot is exhibition park, this is great for blading or just sitting
on the grass. Just near to it is the town moor, a vast expanse of grass (much bigger than New York's
central park), although there isn't much going on here (apart from kite flying),
it's size makes parts of it a long way from the long arm of the law, if that's of
any use to you.
Personally I like sitting on the benches on the quayside, just watching the world go by.
The whole quayside is flagged and so is excelent for blading.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Helen Mossop, kelly, Ben Pollinger, Whirligig Web Design, charlie richardson, Sarah Dalrymple, neil, Chris, pussicat, Troll, Ashley, Az, l kirkham, Geoff, douggy, Simon Park, Hefner, Spud, Lozza, lou and gary, Carly Mather, Reed, Joe, Claire, alex, morris, Steve O'Malley, kevin-mallette, Steph, Dave, later, Dave Murton, lauren, Anomonous, freddie, Stan Hardwick, Tim Jones, Dave W, Mr scouse in HBridge, paul morris, Pete, Anna Gibson, Amric Settlov, tony eastlake, PAUL B, Gill, Jane Imrie, Shaun lowton, Matthew Simpson, wryghta, Barry McGuigan, sarah, Kevin Wilson, davemurton, Kellie Law, cassagnas, aaron, david young, Noel Robson, Siobhan Gould, gogs, mike, Alasdair email@example.com, Ian Gregg, JLH, gapsta, kelvin bell, dani, Jay Smithson, glen, Chris Slater, rod d raw, michael bates, hobo, josh, Alli Fletcher, shell, frederico sanchez, jay, Kenny, Caroline, Cameron Smith, John Kiely, Rich Dytch, Robbie H, stig, Muarice Sutherst, tom conway, Anthony McAndrew, paul, Barry Cox, james, craig simpson, lau-lou, Daisy, sian, kevin, Micky, chris cruise, Wee Bob, nah, sas, Charlotte, Chris Davison, Alice, Dr. Thomas Spence, Kevin Coulthard, Mark Read, Michael Innes, francesca w, Laura, Nick, Lee Paul, Jenni, Chloe, Bridget, Joanne, Tom Burton, Vicki, scotty, doug, Steve Fishwick, mary, Rebecca Worthington, ((=*=>Chanty<=*=)), Mallory B, stuart Johnson, sw, stu, macca, Mark Galsworthy, antony bell, FRANK BATESON, Henry Partridge, owen bell, sam, generic, Kevin Bell, Louise H, Nic, Jen, Anni & Raphaela, Adam Armstrong, SMW, Nicky, Notes Rehearsal and Recording Studios, Julian Gluck, Tim Hills, John Griffiths, Vicky Wiseman, Jonathan Miles, andy, jenny gibson, Admin, twat, Mal Douglas, Ciaran Hansen, Sam Jones, Gaynor, John Phillips
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne Knowhere Board