Pubs in Oakham, Rutland*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Oakham.
- Some people in the railway look awfull young, if you want a quiet drink go to the grainstore, all the hotties are in the hornblower, the monk is the "alternative pub" with a fucking ace duke box, avoid the angler at all costs it has a HUGE amount of chavs and oakham school boys/girls
- My personal Favourite, The Railway Inn. But The Monk and The Hornblower are good too
- first served in the rutland angler aged 14, then the griff inn (full of horrible filthy people nowadays) then merry monk and now the admiral hornblower, and wheatsheaf if we want to chat with some teachers.
- monk is good, and if ur into scoring drugs(tho of course i wuldnt) the angler is the hang out
- Reviews at http://www.haroose.com/best_rutland.htm
- Admiral Hornblower. The busiest and best pub in the County. Excellent beer served by the always charming 'Pozza'!
- All the best people can be found in the Rutland Angler. Friendliest landlords in town!
- The Noel Arms @ Whitwell is fab for cocktails, real ales, alcopops - you name it. Staff are a good laugh and the food is also great.
- Great pubs in the area include the White Horse in Empingham, the Finch's Arms in Hambleton and the Normanton Park Hotel which sits right on the water. Give the Boot and Shoe a try in South Luffenham for true Rutland village style.
- Dodgiest pub in Rutland: The dangly Angly (Rutland Angler) in Oakham. Other good pubs (for atmosphere...) are Wagon & Horses or The Exeter Arms in Uppingham.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Richard, becki, sam gray, goose, vibe face, lewis burden, Tim, laura, Gary Toogood, hawly, Ben McNicholas, generic, Gerald, Phil Sarton, ald
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Oakham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Oakham Knowhere Board