Pubs in Old Bexley, Kent*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Old Bexley.
- The Old Wick has now closed down.
The Railway Tavern is a traditional pub, with karaoke and live music. Try Sunday afternoon when there's live music and free bar snacks.
- The White Cross Inn on North Cray Road is the best pub in the area and does brilliant Sunday lunches. However the public bar is tiny and gets packed, so get there early if you just want a drink. The Old Wick has a friendly landlord,nice bar staff, well-kept Shepherd Neame ales, a Jack Russell terrier, a black cat and a comfortable leather sofa from which you can watch the telly with the sound down. Who could ask for more !!! The King's Head is the oldest pub in the area and has genuine period charm with oak beams and a log fire in the winter. Another good reason for visiting this establishment is a girl called Sue who strongly resembles Louise Delamere, the actress who plays Lia in No Angels and usually serves the food on Sundays. The Blue Anchor at the top of the hill at the traffic lights is also a good one if you fancy walking an extra mile.
- The White Cross on North Cray Road is a lovely place for Sunday lunch, but the public bar is tiny so get there before 1pm if you just want a drink. The Old Wick has nice bar staff, excellent Shepherd's Neame beer, a pile of board games in the corner, a friendly dog, a black cat and girls from the stables next door. The telly is usually on with the sound down if you get bored with that little lot. The King's Arms in the High Street has period charm and an interesting mix of customers. The best reason for patronising this establishment,however,is a stunningly beautiful girl called Sue who prowles around like a panther on Sunday lunchtimes with plates of hot food for the elderly gentlefolk taking sustanance in the restaurant at the back. Imagine a cross between Marinella in the Block and Tracey Barlow in Coronation Street and you've got her- quite sensational but not to be messed with. Finally The Blue Anchor at the top of the hill by the traffic lights is also worth a visit and does a good pint of Charles Wells Bombardier Bitter as well as yer standard Courage Best.
- The White Cross Inn on North Cray Road is the best pub in the area. The King's Arms in the village is also a good one with nice barmaids and an open fire in winter. The Old Wick is a bit like sitting in someone's front room , but the Shepherd's Neame Spitfire is excellent and the bar staff friendly.
- Pubs, Pubs everywhere in this Village, it has been a meeting place for as long as I can remember, however I have to blow my own trumpet hear and send you all round to my particular `watering hole` ( and I own it) the Old WIck in Vicarage Road, great place , extreme diveristy, `fresh faced youths` as well as the wrinklys and they all mix with great enthusiasm, brilliant.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jack Bowyer, David Baldock-Webb, David Webb, Dave H, phil, generic, Matt, Mr Judge, Elizabeth davidson, wendy bradfield
Last updated: 2012-10-18
More stuff about Old Bexley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Old Bexley Knowhere Board