Demolish It Now Building in Poole, Dorset*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Poole.
Demolish It Now Building
- Bus Station. Dolphin shopping centre. Blocks of flats in the Old town and Sterte. Redevelop the high street - looks too drab and out dated. I'd like to say it has character, but it just hasn't. There are various bits that have been redeveloped or touched up, but nothing 'flows'. Poole just isn't 'a beautiful place' anymore.
- Civic centre... drag the whole thing down... the mayors office building is much more regal!
- IMAX AND DOLPHIN QUAYS
- dolphin center
- Dolphin Quays appartments developement - cost millions over budget & still managed to end up pig ugly.
- The Bus Station, terrible reminder of the awful judgment of the council and planners in the 1960's. Also the sculpture on the quay, what an eyesore? And they call that art??
- The council, offices, they are a grey eyesore, which mars, the decent lake next to it
- I would like to see the council building at the civic centre demolished, it is a grey eyesore with even grey'er people working there.
- the bus station,possibly the dirtiest and ugliest in the whole of Britain,which is a shame cos Poole on the whole is a nice place.
- Demolish the Thistle Hotel and build the next stage of the Quay
Demolish that Grain Silo nightmare of a building
Demolish the pigeon Poo 'Fish Shambles' on the quay
Demolish that bus station that shows Pool'e backside to the world
- The new monstrosity on the Quay. Developers went bust despite having masses of money - where did it all go? Almost certainly taken out of the country.
- The totally incongruous Dolphin Quays development on Poole Quay. Totally out of keeping with the historical heritage of the rest of the Quay.
- Dolphin Quays on the quay. It completely ruins the atmosphere of the quay. Poole started off as a working town, not a site for modern monstrosities. It is way too big. I have no idea how they got planning permission for such a sight. It would be fine anywhere else, but not on the quay!!!!!!
- The Venue in Tower Park and they should put the Ice Rink back in there.
- The coucil estates and any home of townies.
- bourne estate and tulin moor nasty cacker council estates wiv crul townies who hate skaters. the dolphin centre- in the 60s did they want people 2 get mugged or something- the bus station is evel.
- the arndale ........................bye bye
- Please please please knock down the giant tin-opener on the quay. You can't miss it, it's about twenty feet high and gaily painted navy-blue.
- The clinic in Shaftesbury Road. Take a look . I think the design job was given to a firm who usually draw up plans for shoe-boxes and other cardboard cartons.
- Poole Arts Centre - and you can shoot the "architect" while you're at it. What happened in the '60s and '70s? Every town has the same crap buildings from this era.
- The and dolphin centre and bus station are an eyesore. The latter smells of urine.
- The one you first get to on the Quay, it looks shit but could be a good place to build a club.
- The so called piece of Art on Poole Quay which is the tall blue metal pile of 20th century crap called Sea Music.
- ... my old school - Seldown but I see it has been demolished!
Also the Arndale - a concrete sarcophagus from the 60s!
- The Bus Station, 1960's concrete overgrown cow-shed. It better go soon before some heritage (heritic more like)bod decides it should be "preserved" as some declining example of it's type !
- That big disused concrete silo on the Quay.Just what are the Council doing about it.
- Barclay's International - a monstrosity!!!
- Poole Arts Centre. It looks bloody awful from the outside despite an internal make-over. I mean, an orange and brown sign!!!
- Most of the city center away from the quay.
- The Dolphin Centre. Without a doubt.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Daniel Baker, Benedict Walmisley, Paul Dredge, martin, Will, Guy Dickinson, Ben Foden, Jim, Ashley, Stu, wesley philpot, Dave McLeod, Daniel, Louise Ingram, debbie, addfox, kel, Peter Croft, Emma, Robert Stone, Dan Baker, Graham Shaw, Dominique, Kit Kat, p. fooks, pete kinsey, Bernard, tom hirst, Jeff, Gronk, Nick, ugly, phat phil, Steve Bristow, Deborah, Angela Clarke, mel, steve holman, Simon, Lizzie, Amy, Nick Smith, Robert, Jan D, Matthew Dunne, Mike O'Neill, Bob, adam harvey, Phil Preece, Archibald Brown, patricia, helen, Roy, ian, alan, Tony Quinn, ray wills, Dawn, jane, jack, Sue, rex lewis, john randall, me, Tony Payne, sam, kieron, dave edwards, generic, Andy Peterson, daisy, chris crook, Sam T, Gary, Sof, Dominique Scott, Doug Livermore, weighty, Jo, Bob T, Plav, irene Reeve, Mike Mason, John Hart, Sam Smith, Frank, dave lee, jack lumber, Liam , ElevenEleven Recordings, Ester, cosanostra, Lee, David George, Manish, John, Stuart, Andy, sue mitchener, Gary Stevens, Steve, paul
Last updated: 2013-09-28
More stuff about Poole
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Poole Knowhere Board