Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains in Reading, Berkshire*
The more interesting clothing stores
You can tell us more about Reading.
Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Shakhti - ethnic clothing near town hall behind Marks and Spencers.
- Pudding is a luxury lingerie and swimwear shop in Kings Walk - it has tons of brands you can't get anywhere nearby like Marie Jo, La Perla, Prima Donna, Moontide, Maryann Mehlhorn & Pleasure State. The sale rail is great for a bargain. They do fitting too and they have a website.
- londis- and asdas cheap as hey aswell
- Unit 12, Harris Arcade (Playground Legend)
Sells local clothing lines, underthehat, cassette clothing ect, aswell as DC clothing and shoes. Also a good range of montanna hardcore spraypaint and flowpen markers.
- Rock a round
- Rock Around in Bristol and West Arcade is great for second hand and vintage stuff
- rustys metal merchandice ,every saturday at the market
He has the most awsome hoodies,shirts and every thing elese,as well as being an all right guy
this is not necessarily clothes realted but fashion related...i stumbled upon this really cool shoe shop in reading(smelly alley) called shoe heaven...it is so cheap man and they have some nice stuff.
just wanted to mention it here as i got some really good bargains today
- BEST PLACE = H+M, ROCK AROUND AND TOP SHOP FOR ALL ALTERNATIVE SCENE STYLES
HAVE EVERY HIGH STEET STORE YOU CAN THINK OF, HOUSE OF FRASER, RIVER ISLAND, MISS SELFRIDGE, BURTON, ZARA, MANGO, MORGAN, NEW LOOK, JJB, JD, PRIMARK HAHA, USC, THE LIST GOS ON..
THE ORACLE SHOPPING CENTRE HAS ALLLLLL MAIN STORES YOU WANT
- For blokes, The Field opposite the Litten Tree on Castle Street. Envy at the Oracle, Hard Edge is good for skate gear. always look in Rebel Status for jeans, it's not cheap though so no kids.
- ORIBBLE ORACLE
- Rock-a-round in the Bristol and West arcade, round the back of the new Sainsbury's is probably the only good independent place now that Brilliant's shut...
- legends quiksilver just add water fatface all for the ladies of course, and don't forget good ol tk maxx! also the massive ORRIBLE or should i say the ORACLE americanised shopping mall experience has EVERYTHING, hey it even had me for a couple of years working my way round the shops
- OXFAM ROCKS!
- a huge range of shops in the oracle and most of the well known chains on Broad Street. There are a lot of department stores for a town this size, John Lewis Debenhams & House of Fraser. There is also the local department store Jacksons which is in a 50's timewarp!
- new look, priamrk, mark one, h&m god there are 2 many 2 write down! a good selection tho, un wouldnt come back from reading empty handed
- Frank a new girlie shop
- Lemon mirinda at the Indian furniture shop near the Purple turtle Sells loads of beautiful hand made clothes bangles beads and bracelets as well as bags and loads of other stuff and the prices are better than any of the other shops in the area. plus the staff arnt a bit snooty but somtimes abit scatty and they dont mind sensible bargaining!!!
- Tk-Max (if you're poor like me)
- Userally get alternative clothing from Brilliant (Harrys archade), Rustys Records (Oxford road) , and out of town places.
- grunge - rock around and shakti r good and brilliant, goth - the nice little goth store on the harris arcade is pretty thats if u go for stereotype anyway
- They don't come much better than Mango, H&M and Zara.
- bare clothes shops but mostly wack and shops like that
- there are some gd skater clothes type shops, such as TMS which is quite gd, Quiksilver which is also quite good, these are both in Broad Street. Fat Face has some nice clothes but is expensive. If ur on the look for the cheap . . . Primark, the only place where u can buy skirts for £1 !
- Half Pipe Sports in merchants place sell Skate and BMX clothing which is now becoming popular with ordinary people. Makes such as Vans, Split Juice as well as hardcore extreme sports makess.
- Foot locker,Atlantic,topclass,Etam,new look,topshop,zara,eiseniggier,soccer sport,jjb,jd,pilot,usc,kookai,Wack,gap,Tammy,Re`s,Primark,Cand a,house of fraiser,HandM,River island,Republic,Elle,Morgan.ETC
- Lots of fab clothes shops in the town centre, lots of little designer shops, but starting to turn into big high street chain stores. Gets very busy!!
- Topman and riverisland, the oracle has loads of brand name shops.
- eveywhere!! altho if u like the laternative scene rock-a-round is a MUST for jeans and retro tshirts all fairly cheap. completely kitsch and gorgeous ask at any mainstrem sk8 shop on the high street where it is theyll direct you it is the one shop you have 2 visit. also hard edge for branded alternative clotrhing and brilliant for the most ouitrageous one-ff pieces which r expensive but truly worth the price.
- design inc in the harris arcade a.k.a the goth shop! its got some really nice dresses and tops and mario keep a catalog behind the counter if u cant find wat u want just ask him (he s really nice)
- I go to Zara,H&M and french Connection. I also shop abroad a bit as you find stuff that looks more original.
- rock around and the legend that is. brilliant for fit man.
- Brilliant, Hard Edge, Rock around, and Topshop sell fabbity fab clothes. Tho you can find some pikey stuff in Topshop.
- I hear a new street/skate clothing shop is opening up in Newbury, should be WKDDD. We really need somthing in Newbs!!!!
- The oracle has an abundance of clothes shops, but they're all a little 'mainstream'.
- charity shop next to kathmandu kitchen, whitley street...
- rock a round sells the best trousers!
- Hard Edge, Legends, Brilliant, Rock Around, Quiksilver, TMS r all really gud but i spose not every1 likes that kinda thing... the oracle has a shit load of stores.
- seriously devoid of good clothes shops... rock around where the staff are great usually cuz i know a couple of them v. well. brilliant, the fittest guy in the world works there. TMS, quiksilver. if youre into all that. then there is oracle.
- I used to like "Pussycat Pussycat" in Traders, but now more Primark...cheap stuff and you can do what you like to them.
- Warner brothers
- hard edge it rules and always seems to have a 50 % discount?!
- um clothes shops r great in reading if u a 4bos person there r random shops all ova the place
- THE place to go in Reading if you are a mosher, but still want to look quite nice, is Legends. Quite expensive, but the clothes are GORGEOUS! If you want baggies, Rock Around and Hard Edge are cool, and for cute tops, check out Brilliant in the Harris Arcade.
- finally i've found a non maintstream shop in reading...its in a skanky rundown old arcade [unusual for the centre of reading] called the market place..sells random unusal clothes and retro stuff..theres also a hippy shop just round the corner from it which is alright. you'll have to hunt though..most shops in reading are crap to say the least
- Punkfish is a very cool shop along smelly alley, rock a round and hard edge
- For all the best baggy jeans i can recomend Roch around in the kings walk in reading. Aklso for the best hoodys (Hussy, Goldigga and Sprial) i would Say Hard edge and band hoodeys (KoRn Slipknot, PaPa RoAcH and the like) Sound machine in the broad street mall.
- Rock around is one of the best for decent clothes
- Every chain imaginable. nothing of note. Most people in Reading seem to by their clothes from GAP. Sad Bastards.
- Brilliant-Harris arcade. sells clothes (Skate, mosher and goth) aswell as makeup jewlery and all sorts of cool things.
- there's hardly ne goth shops...plenty of bloody towny & trendy places but no goth shops!!! A few retro shops like rock-a-round (v cool but full of 'wannabes'). The best greebo shop is sound machine (upstairs in broadstreet) is fairly priced, stocking cd's, hoodies & posters with the occasional keyrings available. We need more goth shops!!!
- Brilliant in Harris Arcade, nr the station. i absolutley live in there, friendly staff aswell. Rock'a'Round in that alley way thing nr The Body Shop, staff are alot nicer in there now. Legends & Hard Edge are good too, VV expensive though.
- none really..i guess you can pick up the odd top from brilliant or something. if you want to be the same as everyone else readings your place, but if you want to stand out just dont bother!!
- The Edge. Bit expensive though.....
- Hard Edge
- Rock-a-Round (altho EVERY 13/14 year old goes in there)... was great 3 years ago when it wasnt "cool" to be a freak and wear clothes i was getting in shit about for wearing years before it hit the mainstream market of nu-skoolers.
- We have the best shops nearest London, H&M is definatley the best low budget shop around! Also visit the bear factory in the Oracle it is wikid! The night & Day cafe in Debenhams is also excellent selling food ranging from snacks to main meals & I definatley recomend the chocolate dome cake & the Hot chocolate Delux!!
- none. BORING TOWNIE PLACE! ARGH!!
- Rock Around sells over-priced vintage flares and corduroy jackets, but the staff are as snooty as hell. H&M in the Oracle sells cheap, good quality High Street clothes which don't make you look like a trendie. Hypnotic in Smelly Alley is good for people wanting T-shirts with profane logos on them. There are also several charity shops and such dotted around, as well as Stoves', which sells Army surplus.
- Where are all the decent clothes shops? Plenty of chain stores like topshop et all, but nowt terribley exciting.
- Well..it has to be 'Rock-around-the-clock!, 50's, 60's & vintage clothing, its in Queens Walk, near the 3B's.
- H&M in the Oracle
- reading caters well for the chain shopper - Ben Sherman shirted wankers abound !
- The usual selection of designer rubbish, especially in the neon hell that is the Oracle. Storms in the Bristol & West Arcade sells Army surplus gear at excellent prices
- Sound Machine is the top place for good rock clothes that are cheap
- The oracle in Reading is fantastic, hundreds of shops for a big shopping spree.
- Although this isn't strictly a clothes shop, I can't believe no-one has mentioned Graffiti, which has got to be the coolest shop in Reading if you're a space cadet - loads of bongs, pipes, novelty gifts, lava lamps, herbal highs and psychedelic oddities, plus a neon glowing room upstairs with loads of funky glow in the dark/uv reflective clothes. Also if you're a hippy, new-age, crusty type or just like psychedelic clothes and jewellery, then Strawberry Fields is definitely worth a look ... both these shops are in Union Street, more commonly known as Smelly Alley (you'll find out why)
- Hypnotic (upstairs), opposite the grocer, in Union Street ('Smelly Alley'). Great collection of unique clubwear and accessories, loads of stuff if you're into UV. Also sell goth clothing too.
- Best to go to London or Oxford.
- Depending on taste, we have Topshop, Pilot, Miss Selfrige, Oasis, Gap and Pilot and some lower budget shops such as Kiss Fashions and Top Class. Grunge is around unfortunately and shops can usually be found in the little road, I don't know the name of it sorry, but it is opposite HMV and by the side of office angels. We have major chain stores like Debenhans and Marks and Sparks, oh and a Levi's Store which I visit religiously.
- Saffron Moon had closed down. there is the same type of shop on an entrance to the Harris Arcade. Also army surplus store now in Bristol and West Arcade
- Saffron Moon, Broad Street Mall. "Ethnic" clothes, also has a large selection of interseting jewellry at reasonable prices. (Unless like my girlfriend, you buy ear-rings in bulk). Storms army gear in Traders indoor market, near the station.Alleycats, plus fat jeans in Hardedge.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tommy, Dan Hull, Rihannon, Rich, Julz Angell, Merlin, Serge Gainsbourg, Ali Reid, John Kennedy, gus, kate, Claire, alex, Berkshire Tai Chi, pal roppa, Adil, Tom, Supermong, Ian Batey, Leona, holey, Mark B, Charlie, Deborah, mel, Baxter, Marie Scoble, Bunts, Justice, Anthony Lee, helen, Hugh Platt, Matuk, nick, Alice Halsey, suzanne, nicky jones, Kiar, mark ambrosio, Marie Thake, powelly, rebekah, wellcoolbuds, Savage, Jonn-T, Mike, me, gemma, Ben, Roy-Svork, L.R.Millard@reading.ac.uk, Leanne Walker, ceri morriss, Andy Mason, Randal Williams, fdfd, Anna, Tom Carthy, sue, Tim, SarahBeth Day, amy, chosen_the, famey, Matt Reeks, sez k, PAUL WALTER, Beccy, Michael Hefferan, Jonny Sunshine, Ingrid, Sara, Emma, Hole, Ruby, Ailsa, Darryll Eaton, charley, Kat, kevin buckley, Ot, info, simon nash, dodge, Gemb, K. Meredith, Lee Hayes, G. Power, m , Daud Mcdonald, mark dale, Isabel Cosgrove, Chrissy, Olwen Roy, louisdc30, Luke, trev, lee hayden, twisted vube, Mako, Jon Kirkwood, neil Charlton, jonno, helen sirrell, Stuart Norris, Adam Roberts, generic, ed, DONNA, Luke Stammers, Mark, stiz, MetaWraith, Choosri James, caroline mcaslan, Jaymi Leigh Dooley, Lee, jussy, Alicia, munaza, Sandy, Philip Gunns, Cat., Bekki, Ross, Simon Williams, Ross Jenner, Viney, g, Charlotte Hutchinson, SimonA, Al & Mush, Keke, Stuart Eagles, OWEN SAWARD, Simon Coffey, Daniel, Michael Howard, And woolliss, OLI BRADSHAW, L.J.J., Beth Robinson, Blackwell, Steph, donkey club rules, nic, Smid, Helen Blanchard, Alistair Coleman, ol'c -unt, elaine_morton, steven, sandman, paul cairney, Michaela Thomas, esvuz, bill, Lea, hi, Chris Lack, Kirsty Hall, Driving Force Software Ltd., zambo, Ande, anj, Jordan Mace, Bob Saunders, Leah Sherwood, sam hammond, Whitehouse Studios, Stephen Wiliamson, Jonathan, Dave Neale, tom summers, Digby, Phil Edwards, DAVE, Jo, pete, nikki, Steve Lutwyche, random, Marianne, Richard King, EX-SOUTHENER, Hannahmarie, Phil Deverson, Bernard Smith, paul logan, ian dunn, Andy, ema, Shazza, pixie, Gianluca Vialli, Matt, Min, Ray Lee, Carl, Raoul Volfoni, louise, Becky, bj, HAYDN, James, blah, jozef hodgson, benito from catering, Fuzzy, Stefan, Steve (another 4bury piss 'ead), steve, Phil, toldyer, Paul, Joseph Fitzgibbon, simon humphries, george penfold, wb, Emily, skater, Reading Roadbusters, Cath Shelley, Russell Carter, charlut, Marvo, Sophie, Thisis Techno, Hugz, King Kola, dan styler, Mat, Lizzie Stanley, Steven Barker, Daniel Browning, anne bradshaw, Joe Allen, Jacqui Henness, Tim Edwards, Oliver Setchell, Shazzzzaaaa, ayylmao, Jon Stonehill, Michael Wimbish, susan kelsey, Sarah, daf, keith, Lawrence Piddock, Jaymi, emma wilson, Maryjane, Holly, zaki, Witchard, Plank, Anthony p, Esbie, lisa, John, Patricia Brazil, Aliturabi, Woody, denny, Umair
Last updated: 2009-01-20
More stuff about Reading
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Reading Knowhere Board