Cafes and Coffee Shops in Reading, Berkshire*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Reading.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- the open cafe-lyon square
- Picnic on Butter Market has to be THE cafe to go to for a decent coffee, fresh homemade cakes and friendly service, plus good lunch food - salads, rolls etc
- Is Sweeney Todds Pie shop still there - and yes, Sanchez did have a bar in Gun Street before he mucked up big time in football management
- shakeway amazingly tasty milkshakes . i guarantee a flava for any1!!! my faves , the colin , oreo wiv malt , flake , whipped cream and boost.
- TOO MANY TO MENTION!!
- cafe venue - it's proper bo.
- most of the usual chains such as Costa and Coffee Republic
- pierres, greggs... al do GORG sandwiches
- Cafe Iguana - All veggie
- iguana has to be the best ever.....!!!!!!!!
- cafe nero
- Coffee Republic, nice chairs!
- billions in and around the oracle
- Starbucks in the oracle and Rafinas.
- Oracle has lots of nice little cafes and coffee shops
- coffee republic and the legend that is.
- Starbucks is a little lame, as the coffees all taste a little bland to me. Coffee Republis is slightly better, with the taste seeming to vary from coffee to coffee.
- waterstones cafe is nice if u wanna go sumplace quiet... n global cafe on london street is nice too
- coffee republic as ever. but annoying school kids who don't buy drinks and don't shut the door give it a bad name. pontis is good. everyone raves about cafe iguana but my friend got a slug in her salad there once.
- Costa!! Iced Mochachino's in the summer....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- coffe republic, have a mocha and a fag in the downstaires area.A little arty-trendy, but still somewhere warm and dry to have a cigarette and a coffee.
- Iguana Cafe - cocktails fucking rock!
- the coffee republic upstairs in blackwells. hardly ne1 knows its there, but theres a really good atmosphere up there!
- Coffee Republic is the best place to spend your Saturday afternoons, although you do have to have a drink in your cup at all times otherwise you risk getting chucked out. Me and my friend just spend all day chillin in there talkin and drinkin.
- O'Briens irish coffee bar-Harris Arcade.
- the one in debenhams sells yummy smoothies and sandwiches..plus its a cybercafe
- The Gorge Cafe on Caversham Bridge is supposed to be the second best greasy spoon in the UK greasy spoon league tables and they certainly do a good egg and bacon with trimmings. Not very *real* though as it's often full of rowers and young professional types and the Windows aren't blacked out, like they should be if this cafe had any working class credibility at all. There is also a reasonably cheap B&B here and I would recommend it to festival goers over camping any day!!
- i've heard that 'Cafe Igwana' is very good 4 mid-day snacks...never been there, but people say "it's vey good".
- It has got to be...Rafinas and the owner with the amazing memory. Never writes a single order down on paper and always gets it all right. The Burger place near the Hobgoblin is alright foodwise, but is another example of Reading's general strangeness. The guy totals up your bill then knocks about 50p off and gives you a lollypop (even if you're a 50 year old businessman in a suit - not sure what you'd be doing in there if you fitted that description though mind you..)
- Iguana Bar - Cool Veggie food & very chilled tunes upstairs
- Not a new entry, as such, but the Iguana cafe is now on-line:
find it here :
- The Fruitbat Cafe, Erleigh Road - popular with students, occassionally has techno/trance DJ's playing.
- Sweeny Todd's also does great pies.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tommy, Dan Hull, Rihannon, Rich, Julz Angell, Merlin, Serge Gainsbourg, Ali Reid, John Kennedy, gus, kate, Claire, alex, Berkshire Tai Chi, pal roppa, Adil, Tom, Supermong, Ian Batey, Leona, holey, Mark B, Charlie, Deborah, mel, Baxter, Marie Scoble, Bunts, Justice, Anthony Lee, helen, Hugh Platt, Matuk, nick, Alice Halsey, suzanne, nicky jones, Kiar, mark ambrosio, Marie Thake, powelly, rebekah, wellcoolbuds, Savage, Jonn-T, Mike, me, gemma, Ben, Roy-Svork, L.R.Millard@reading.ac.uk, Leanne Walker, ceri morriss, Andy Mason, Randal Williams, fdfd, Anna, Tom Carthy, sue, Tim, SarahBeth Day, amy, chosen_the, famey, Matt Reeks, sez k, PAUL WALTER, Beccy, Michael Hefferan, Jonny Sunshine, Ingrid, Sara, Emma, Hole, Ruby, Ailsa, Darryll Eaton, charley, Kat, kevin buckley, Ot, info, simon nash, dodge, Gemb, K. Meredith, Lee Hayes, G. Power, m , Daud Mcdonald, mark dale, Isabel Cosgrove, Chrissy, Olwen Roy, louisdc30, Luke, trev, lee hayden, twisted vube, Mako, Jon Kirkwood, neil Charlton, jonno, helen sirrell, Stuart Norris, Adam Roberts, generic, ed, DONNA, Luke Stammers, Mark, stiz, MetaWraith, Choosri James, caroline mcaslan, Jaymi Leigh Dooley, Lee, jussy, Alicia, munaza, Sandy, Philip Gunns, Cat., Bekki, Ross, Simon Williams, Ross Jenner, Viney, g, Charlotte Hutchinson, SimonA, Al & Mush, Keke, Stuart Eagles, OWEN SAWARD, Simon Coffey, Daniel, Michael Howard, And woolliss, OLI BRADSHAW, L.J.J., Beth Robinson, Blackwell, Steph, donkey club rules, nic, Smid, Helen Blanchard, Alistair Coleman, ol'c -unt, elaine_morton, steven, sandman, paul cairney, Michaela Thomas, esvuz, bill, Lea, hi, Chris Lack, Kirsty Hall, Driving Force Software Ltd., zambo, Ande, anj, Jordan Mace, Bob Saunders, Leah Sherwood, sam hammond, Whitehouse Studios, Stephen Wiliamson, Jonathan, Dave Neale, tom summers, Digby, Phil Edwards, DAVE, Jo, pete, nikki, Steve Lutwyche, random, Marianne, Richard King, EX-SOUTHENER, Hannahmarie, Phil Deverson, Bernard Smith, paul logan, ian dunn, Andy, ema, Shazza, pixie, Gianluca Vialli, Matt, Min, Ray Lee, Carl, Raoul Volfoni, louise, Becky, bj, HAYDN, James, blah, jozef hodgson, benito from catering, Fuzzy, Stefan, Steve (another 4bury piss 'ead), steve, Phil, toldyer, Paul, Joseph Fitzgibbon, simon humphries, george penfold, wb, Emily, skater, Reading Roadbusters, Cath Shelley, Russell Carter, charlut, Marvo, Sophie, Thisis Techno, Hugz, King Kola, dan styler, Mat, Lizzie Stanley, Steven Barker, Daniel Browning, anne bradshaw, Joe Allen, Jacqui Henness, Tim Edwards, Oliver Setchell, Shazzzzaaaa, ayylmao, Jon Stonehill, Michael Wimbish, susan kelsey, Sarah, daf, keith, Lawrence Piddock, Jaymi, emma wilson, Maryjane, Holly, zaki, Witchard, Plank, Anthony p, Esbie, lisa, John, Patricia Brazil, Aliturabi, Woody, denny, Umair
Last updated: 2009-01-20
More stuff about Reading
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Reading Knowhere Board