Skateboard Shops in Reading, Berkshire*
Where to buy skateboard decks, trucks, wheels, bearings, grip tape, curb wax, tees, caps, set ups, bolts, kingpins etc
You can tell us more about Reading.
- clapham south
- Are you real? Who really gives a toss.
- Hard Edge
- Legends in the broad street mall Is totaly awsome
they fix your boards for free if you dont need new parts
they even gave me an old deck they were gonna throw out(my old old deck was even worse then that)and fitted it for freee
- theres hard edge forgotton the street name!!
- hardedge, all great guys in there, good selection of decks n wheels , not too many trucks but still sum and o bearing syea lots. good range of shoes clothing. legends for trucks and wheels id say. just add water deserves to close down , run halfpipe out of business the best shop in berks id say. Though they mite hav a shop at the new park, lets hope. schuh u can get sum shoes but nowhere else
ummmmmm u can go to guildford for a good skatepark , not much there except the park. theres about 3 shops in guildford , route one, ollies and free spirit or summin ..... go skate
- Sadly, Half Pipe Sports has been closed down which is a shame, they had the best guys n gals in there and loved to chat bout bmxing and skating. TMS has recently shut down also but they are apparantly trying to get a new shop to open somewhere else in Reading. i wouldnt recommend Just Add Water, not entirely up to scratch on the jizz, most of them don't have a clue. if you have the money, some of the girl clothes are alright if youre into mainstream.
And Flick has closed down too. Brilliant recently shut up shop, those guys were the classiest. (6th March 2005)
- Have been buying my boards etc from Legends since 1997 (when they had the smaller shop which is now a jewellers in Broad St Mall) Although the depth of range has varied in the past they do seem to have it spot on now. I think all the staff in there (including the girls) all ride Longbooards (have seen them all out at some quality longboard spots!) and they all love to chat endlessly 'bout stuff and answer questions without making you feel like an absolute twat! Music is usually Ska based,bit of Jack Johnson,pearl jam, bit of everything really. Absolutely no lame arse attitude and fully amped,knowledgable and freindly bunch.
- legends inthe broadst mall, hard edge just add water down the alley to oracle opposite the side entrance to j.lewis
- Hard Edge rocks.
- Hard Edge
- TMS broad street, ledgends Broad street mail, theres a few others, keep ya eyes on the guys n lasses with boards, (there be heading to the best shops )
- Hard Edge is pretty kwl, Legends is alright but its too near Footlocker, townie heaven!
- Got my board from 'Just add water' it's not very good in there for pro boards, or I wouldn't say so. They have a fairly decent selection of wheels. There wrist gaurds are fairly okay considering they come in a pack that costs £10 but the knee pads and elbow pads are pretty useless. Got my first board from there for £42. 7 ply, no plastic. But the metal parts look pretty crap and the rubbers squeak when you do tricks. I would recomend going further a feild to surry or somewhere like that.
- Legends is class!
- Hard edge and legends are good ish half pip sports was a genius invention!!
- Half Pipe Sports in merchants place.
- legends, hardedge, flick, half pipe sports, t.m.s. and quicksilver do sk8 stuff but no decks or anything.
- Hard edge is small and expensive, but half pipe sports, just off friar street ids best for skate and bmx stuff.
- ok quiksilver,hard edge,shops down the harris arcade its all good!! legends too
- half pipe sports which is next to the friar street car park why did u move from winnersh!
- Half pipe sports is a great shop really friendly service and helpful and good prices
- Hardedge, usualy cheaper than other shops in reading, provide skateboards and clothes
- Legends mate
- i hear a new skate shop is opening up in Newbury, should be cool. they really need somthing there!!!
- half pipe sports just opened off friar street, if you walk down smelly alley its just down a lil road next to "bistro je t'aime". also theres another new skate shop called Flick in the Market Way, opposite the bag shop! eeey.
- no independents, so expensive shite, really...
- Hard Edge, TMS, Legends, Quiksilver.... hard edge has the most skate stuff tho
- TMS and quiksilver for skate clothes. there's a good-ish skatepark just down the road from the station. but on your return don't please god end up in lower caversham. pikey central.
- Brilliant is my favouriot place to be, steve, the manager is cool, and ben is nice to have a cigarette with and a chat.
- ledgends probably
- Hard Edge or Legends. The dudes upstairs in Legends are top and are up for a chat anytime.
- ummmm.. sound machine, quicksilver, and loads of other shops
- Go to legends if you like that sort of thing. "That sort of thing" in this case means going into a shop with no products, annoying music, and then paying obscenely huge prices for the honour. I don't like that sort of thing myself.
- What was Pimps (can't remember what its called now) near to Kik Sport in Merchants Place, Hard Edge, Graffiti, Legends (altho it has also gone down hill - e.g. that guy out of big brother was wearing a Legends hoody, that guy isnt exactly a generation x contender now is he?)
- Pimps has closed leaving only Legends and alleycats (?!?), hugely overpriced - poor selection. No thanks
- Hard Edge-(downstairs, trukks 'n' stuff)-Upstairs, your Lambretta type stuff!
- Legends, Alleycats - all far over priced
- Try north Reading - Caversham Park Village is fab !!
- Theres pimps down Merchants place off friar street-really small but what it has is good,butvery pricey.The basement of Herd Edge is really good-cheep, great selection and the staff are friendly. Legends is miles away and aint worth the hastle as its crap.Plus legends wouldn't give me a job.
- There is now a Legends on the ground floor of the Broad Street Mall which is very cool.
- Boards and clothes from Alleycats, Victoria Street, but have to go to Basingstoke or Surrey Skates for anything else.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tommy, Dan Hull, Rihannon, Rich, Julz Angell, Merlin, Serge Gainsbourg, Ali Reid, John Kennedy, gus, kate, Claire, alex, Berkshire Tai Chi, pal roppa, Adil, Tom, Supermong, Ian Batey, Leona, holey, Mark B, Charlie, Deborah, mel, Baxter, Marie Scoble, Bunts, Justice, Anthony Lee, helen, Hugh Platt, Matuk, nick, Alice Halsey, suzanne, nicky jones, Kiar, mark ambrosio, Marie Thake, powelly, rebekah, wellcoolbuds, Savage, Jonn-T, Mike, me, gemma, Ben, Roy-Svork, L.R.Millard@reading.ac.uk, Leanne Walker, ceri morriss, Andy Mason, Randal Williams, fdfd, Anna, Tom Carthy, sue, Tim, SarahBeth Day, amy, chosen_the, famey, Matt Reeks, sez k, PAUL WALTER, Beccy, Michael Hefferan, Jonny Sunshine, Ingrid, Sara, Emma, Hole, Ruby, Ailsa, Darryll Eaton, charley, Kat, kevin buckley, Ot, info, simon nash, dodge, Gemb, K. Meredith, Lee Hayes, G. Power, m , Daud Mcdonald, mark dale, Isabel Cosgrove, Chrissy, Olwen Roy, louisdc30, Luke, trev, lee hayden, twisted vube, Mako, Jon Kirkwood, neil Charlton, jonno, helen sirrell, Stuart Norris, Adam Roberts, generic, ed, DONNA, Luke Stammers, Mark, stiz, MetaWraith, Choosri James, caroline mcaslan, Jaymi Leigh Dooley, Lee, jussy, Alicia, munaza, Sandy, Philip Gunns, Cat., Bekki, Ross, Simon Williams, Ross Jenner, Viney, g, Charlotte Hutchinson, SimonA, Al & Mush, Keke, Stuart Eagles, OWEN SAWARD, Simon Coffey, Daniel, Michael Howard, And woolliss, OLI BRADSHAW, L.J.J., Beth Robinson, Blackwell, Steph, donkey club rules, nic, Smid, Helen Blanchard, Alistair Coleman, ol'c -unt, elaine_morton, steven, sandman, paul cairney, Michaela Thomas, esvuz, bill, Lea, hi, Chris Lack, Kirsty Hall, Driving Force Software Ltd., zambo, Ande, anj, Jordan Mace, Bob Saunders, Leah Sherwood, sam hammond, Whitehouse Studios, Stephen Wiliamson, Jonathan, Dave Neale, tom summers, Digby, Phil Edwards, DAVE, Jo, pete, nikki, Steve Lutwyche, random, Marianne, Richard King, EX-SOUTHENER, Hannahmarie, Phil Deverson, Bernard Smith, paul logan, ian dunn, Andy, ema, Shazza, pixie, Gianluca Vialli, Matt, Min, Ray Lee, Carl, Raoul Volfoni, louise, Becky, bj, HAYDN, James, blah, jozef hodgson, benito from catering, Fuzzy, Stefan, Steve (another 4bury piss 'ead), steve, Phil, toldyer, Paul, Joseph Fitzgibbon, simon humphries, george penfold, wb, Emily, skater, Reading Roadbusters, Cath Shelley, Russell Carter, charlut, Marvo, Sophie, Thisis Techno, Hugz, King Kola, dan styler, Mat, Lizzie Stanley, Steven Barker, Daniel Browning, anne bradshaw, Joe Allen, Jacqui Henness, Tim Edwards, Oliver Setchell, Shazzzzaaaa, ayylmao, Jon Stonehill, Michael Wimbish, susan kelsey, Sarah, daf, keith, Lawrence Piddock, Jaymi, emma wilson, Maryjane, Holly, zaki, Witchard, Plank, Anthony p, Esbie, lisa, John, Patricia Brazil, Aliturabi, Woody, denny, Umair
Last updated: 2009-01-20
More stuff about Reading
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Reading Knowhere Board