The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Reading, Berkshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Reading.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- The weird rough ginger lady in town who openly asks you for money...Avoid! she is quite clearly a crack user.
- i love the freaks in dee road estate and all the grey buildings!
- After 15 years in the Navy, I have never seen such shit in my life....My favourite colour, my favourite knickers, my favourite dustbin man. you people are just NOT REAL. GET A LIFE!!!!
- There's a lot of chavs around Forbury. I'd suggest not going there, even though it is a lovely place.
- The stuff about the Forbury lion and sculpter suicide is an urban legend, the legs are correct, the sculpter lived another 43 years after he did it. This legend is repeated across the uk and america.
- Any old timers know the name of the dance hall built above the bus station in Station Hill Reading. It's now a bingo hall.
- I hope this guide offers a slightly better view of Reading for anybody who wants to visit rather, than that of a 14 year old kid who just wants to slag off their town as much as possible. A lot of the views on this website seem incredibly negative, can't you get someone to visit the town first before displaying them all?
- The worst skool has gotta b Highdown if ur not a townie, u will pretty much get stabbed for wearin anythin remotely sk8er or plainly anythin not townie
- Message to Mathew Spurring (Abingdon school yr 11) - "YOUR MUM!!"
- Reading has an enormous drug problem. This is because it is so dull and boring.
- wot a shithole
I am 32 years old and have been playing Drums for 25 years. I can match any drummer out there. Looking to tour / record. I am very pleasant mannered and hard working with huge dedication and commitment to music. I have already performed hundreds of gigs in south of England and Ireland. I also have extensive studio & session experience. I have also covered songs by:
Oasis, Shed 7, Supergrass, Charlatans, Ian Jury, The Jam (29 songs - Tribute) Madness, The Specials, Rush, Black Crowes, U2, Lightening Seeds, Paul Weller, The Police, Elvis Costello, Blur, Squeeze, The Rutts, Buzzcocks, The Clash, Anti Nowhere League, The Beat, The Stranglers, The Members, Thin Lizzy.
- PAKISTANI'S RUN READING, GO TO CEMETRY JUNCTION (JUNCTION) AND WEST READING (WEST SIDE). WHEN ANY OUT OF TOWN ASIAN BOYS COME 2 READING THEY ALWAYS GET BEATEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
- The Forb
- I did hear once that Alma Cogan had an uncle who had a shop called Kogan's(tailors, I think) in Kings Road and she was often, as a young girl, seen playing outside the shop. The shop was demolished around the 1980's during the redevelopment of that area.
- Back in the dark ages, (late Sixties) Reading was a hot spot for Folkies. There were several clubs. The best was in a stable behind the White Horse Pub and there was another one in a coffee bar called the Shades. The singer-songwriter Mike Cooper lived in Reading. (Possibly still does). I seem to remember that Jon Harflett who founded Dawnwind was around in those days.He had a reputation as a Poet and used to do readings in Pubs. Al Stewert was a regular as was Mike Oldfield of "Tubular Bells" fame. OK.it's all yesterday....
- i live in Reading and i wish people would stop dissing it cuz although it is actually quite shit, i love my hometown.. i love the way there are crazy old men walking down london road at any time of day.. i love the way the police circle the forbury often with dogs... i love the way that compared to slough this place is heaven.
- My arse is ace
- How to get away from Nowhere (Reading)...i.e. work in London but you need to get there as inexpensively as possible! Have you considered using Armchair, the luxury coach commuter service from Monday to Friday? Find information on great fares and a timetable at www.armchair.co.uk. It is a great deal cheaper than the train and is both comfortable and convenient(25 London destinations and many pick up points in Reading, Earley and Woodley. Forget the hassle of overcrowded trains and jump on the Armchair commuter express! Get from nowhere to somewhere!
- There is so much to say about 4bury is great fun there i love it so much if u r like me crazy n a bit of a pyscho then join in but remember u need loadz of booze n have to b up for it always n watch out for army martin coz he calms walls n other things am like in 4bury most the time so just cum in say hi if u dare ???? just ask fo kate pewkie as kermit calls me or twichy tits as most ppl know me or northern or kate grover from burnley ???????? oh yeh n watch out for gay matt hes gay ???????????????????????????/
- Reading is bad, very bad. I have been driven to alcoholism through shear boredom and despiration. There are very few nice looking girls here. People glamorise a culture of ingnorance and live their lives as beasts.
'Another day in the jungle, these animals are driving me crazy'
- The Three B's (as in the pub name) are for Beer (Beer, mmmm) Biscuits (Huntley + Palmers) and Bulbs (plants, not lights)- what Reading's most famous for.
- Elvis DOES live in Reading, just ask any Readi folk, better than that, come & c him, he usually stands outside boots in red strides bopping up and down nodding to everyone who passes him by!
- If anyone mentions Morris or Mandella Court they are wasting your time. It may seem strange but you'll know what I mean if it comes to it. Biggest bunch of A******* Skanks I've ever seen in action. Bastards!
- Can I just reiterate that there are loads of mad people in the town?
- Reading is far worse than Boringstoke...
The women are mega-ugly - with a special look only found in Reading or the black hole of Calcutta..."The sulk look".
- The last train to Waterloo is the worst thing in the world. Packed with stuck up, under age twats who think they've got one over on their townie mates by going to Reading and getting smashed. They often puke violently and/or talk on the mobile phones paid for by their parents to their mates in other carriges of the same train. Thankfully most of these absolute tossers get of in the shitholes of Wokingham and Bracknell. I hope I never have to visit either place.
- Edward J Price, co-worker of Bill Gates (Microsoft) lives in Reading
- Cycling: Reading is getting a little more bike friendly, but the Oxford Road is still a nightmare. Need more cycle paths outside of the town centre.
- We are a small software company that just started up on 27 April 1999. We have a website and its URL is http://homepage.dtn.ntl.com/mpforste and it is completely free to access. Feel free to visit although it's still under construction. We welcome any contributions and suggestions that visitors email to us (email addresses available on the website). If you are interested in doing business with us, please visit our website.
- The person that wrote the info on Reading was not altogether fair! Reading can be a dive at times, but, hey, where isn't?
- It's worth mentioning that Reading has two freebie listings magazines, Blah Blah is still going strong, and a new one called The Beacon has started up. While Blah Blah still gives by far the best coverage of events in Reading, The Beacon covers a wider geographical area, listing events in far-flung Bracknell and Basingstoke as well. It has lasted two issues so far, so we'll have to see if it survives.
- Someone has to stick up for the place and I guess that's me as I'm from there. OK - so it has all the ingredients a shit southern town but it's not that bad.
- Well, Reading, many people hate it but is it that bad really? A lot of new pubs have helped along with a healthy dose of unemployment for character (seriously, you should have seen the centre of town on a weekday when there was 100% employment - tumbleweed makes a crap drinking partner). Hint for survival: Do not drive. Reading is the only town I know where you can be arrested for driving _with_ due care and attention. No one uses indicators until they are turning. They drive roundabouts like yellow box junctions and vice versa. There would be nothing wrong with the IDR if people drove with any kind of thought for other road-users.
- The Reading Badminton Association has 37 clubs participating in the Reading Badminton League and each club has over 30 members. For more information Please contact Sue Mitchell at Sue_Mitchell@msn.com
- There is no category for churches. You may like to add one and include The Salvation Army church. URL for the Reading Central Church is www.readingcentral.org.uk
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tommy, Dan Hull, Rihannon, Rich, Julz Angell, Merlin, Serge Gainsbourg, Ali Reid, John Kennedy, gus, kate, Claire, alex, Berkshire Tai Chi, pal roppa, Adil, Tom, Supermong, Ian Batey, Leona, holey, Mark B, Charlie, Deborah, mel, Baxter, Marie Scoble, Bunts, Justice, Anthony Lee, helen, Hugh Platt, Matuk, nick, Alice Halsey, suzanne, nicky jones, Kiar, mark ambrosio, Marie Thake, powelly, rebekah, wellcoolbuds, Savage, Jonn-T, Mike, me, gemma, Ben, Roy-Svork, L.R.Millard@reading.ac.uk, Leanne Walker, ceri morriss, Andy Mason, Randal Williams, fdfd, Anna, Tom Carthy, sue, Tim, SarahBeth Day, amy, chosen_the, famey, Matt Reeks, sez k, PAUL WALTER, Beccy, Michael Hefferan, Jonny Sunshine, Ingrid, Sara, Emma, Hole, Ruby, Ailsa, Darryll Eaton, charley, Kat, kevin buckley, Ot, info, simon nash, dodge, Gemb, K. Meredith, Lee Hayes, G. Power, m , Daud Mcdonald, mark dale, Isabel Cosgrove, Chrissy, Olwen Roy, louisdc30, Luke, trev, lee hayden, twisted vube, Mako, Jon Kirkwood, neil Charlton, jonno, helen sirrell, Stuart Norris, Adam Roberts, generic, ed, DONNA, Luke Stammers, Mark, stiz, MetaWraith, Choosri James, caroline mcaslan, Jaymi Leigh Dooley, Lee, jussy, Alicia, munaza, Sandy, Philip Gunns, Cat., Bekki, Ross, Simon Williams, Ross Jenner, Viney, g, Charlotte Hutchinson, SimonA, Al & Mush, Keke, Stuart Eagles, OWEN SAWARD, Simon Coffey, Daniel, Michael Howard, And woolliss, OLI BRADSHAW, L.J.J., Beth Robinson, Blackwell, Steph, donkey club rules, nic, Smid, Helen Blanchard, Alistair Coleman, ol'c -unt, elaine_morton, steven, sandman, paul cairney, Michaela Thomas, esvuz, bill, Lea, hi, Chris Lack, Kirsty Hall, Driving Force Software Ltd., zambo, Ande, anj, Jordan Mace, Bob Saunders, Leah Sherwood, sam hammond, Whitehouse Studios, Stephen Wiliamson, Jonathan, Dave Neale, tom summers, Digby, Phil Edwards, DAVE, Jo, pete, nikki, Steve Lutwyche, random, Marianne, Richard King, EX-SOUTHENER, Hannahmarie, Phil Deverson, Bernard Smith, paul logan, ian dunn, Andy, ema, Shazza, pixie, Gianluca Vialli, Matt, Min, Ray Lee, Carl, Raoul Volfoni, louise, Becky, bj, HAYDN, James, blah, jozef hodgson, benito from catering, Fuzzy, Stefan, Steve (another 4bury piss 'ead), steve, Phil, toldyer, Paul, Joseph Fitzgibbon, simon humphries, george penfold, wb, Emily, skater, Reading Roadbusters, Cath Shelley, Russell Carter, charlut, Marvo, Sophie, Thisis Techno, Hugz, King Kola, dan styler, Mat, Lizzie Stanley, Steven Barker, Daniel Browning, anne bradshaw, Joe Allen, Jacqui Henness, Tim Edwards, Oliver Setchell, Shazzzzaaaa, ayylmao, Jon Stonehill, Michael Wimbish, susan kelsey, Sarah, daf, keith, Lawrence Piddock, Jaymi, emma wilson, Maryjane, Holly, zaki, Witchard, Plank, Anthony p, Esbie, lisa, John, Patricia Brazil, Aliturabi, Woody, denny, Umair
Last updated: 2016-12-08
More stuff about Reading
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Reading Knowhere Board