Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Rye, East Sussex*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Rye.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- There was a Scottish Lord who resided in Rye for a spell. Tall great looking blonde chap.
- Tom from Keane lives nearby, is always in Rye with his girlfriend (although i've not seen them recently....)
Tom Baker recently moved to Peasmarsh, near Rye
Paul Merton lives in a small village near Rye
Saw Vic Reeves and Nancy recently pushing their lil twins round Rye, awwww
Mark Benton (brand new customers only), lives in a small village near Rye
- Vic Reeves bought the house opposite the Standard and stayed about 6 months - 6 years ago
Johnny Depp: looked at houses in Mermaid Street but failed to materialise
- the bloody cheeky girls
- johnny depp
- The Cheeky Girls
- one of the 'Keen' group now live here.
- the cheeky girls
- Paul McCartney, famous enough?
- Spike Milligan - an excellent Old Geezer who always supported the Rugby Club.
- Rod Hull used to live in nearby Icklesham (Prior to his accident).
Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys) Lived in Mermaid Steet until about a year ago.
- Paul MCartney, you can't get much more famous than that !!!
- Vic Reeves moved to Rye recently.
- John Fletcher (dramatist/writer, wrote with shakespere)
- Radcliffe Hall.
- Henry James
- E F Benson
- John Ryan (creator of Captain Pugwash many others)
- Spike Milligna (the well known typing error from the goons)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tobias Alcalde, Sophie, Rye Wurlitzer, Blockboy, Jason McLaughlin, nix tucker, zoe lewis, helen, Mandy, jenny, todd, Jim Hollands, David Arscott, Joopli, Colin Bailey, VIBEMAN, Andrew G. Doe, Alison, Maryse, A.Estcourt, M Estcourt, lily, Stephen Cooper, generic, Peter Gill, Kirsty, jans penfold, Jake Portch
Last updated: 2009-05-27
More stuff about Rye
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Rye Knowhere Board