Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Sandhurst, Berkshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Sandhurst.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Bassist from the Troggs lives in Fakenham Way.!!!!!
The dude who does sooty and sweep lives in blackwater.
- Only one I know is Lucy Benjamin (Lisa from Eastenders) Jonny Wilkinson lived in nearby Frimley though!
- Lisa from Eastenders (now dead, after being killed by ugly Phil) used to go to Scotland Hill Infants School in Little Sandhurst. My friend was in her class.
- Gary Glitter used to go fishing at the Tri-Lakes, we used to cyle past and kick his bag in the water. If we'd known of his tastes, we'd have tried kicking him in.
- Bassist from the Troggs used to live in fakenham way
- The bloke who started the sewage farm - what a guy!
- the patio in the garden of one of the houses in Shrivenham Close (I won't say which) used to be in Shaking Stevens garden! (I know this because I used to live there).
- The little woman that sang "Bali High" in South Pacific used to live in Thibet Road. But she's dead now.
- On a clear day you used to be able to see Jimmy Saville jogging his
way through sandhurst..a golden oldie if ever there was one.
- Being only a few miles from Broadmoor Mental hospital, We have a whole host of celebrities, including the Yorkshire Ripper and until he died recently one of the Kray twins (Though I cannot remember which)
- A woman who sang in Tight Fit - remeber the 80's lip gloss coated cover of an Eno song? Idi Armeen - trained at the academy
- Denise Gyngell from Tight Fit, how can you forget The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Awhimba waay awhimba waay, etc) anyway she was in my brothers year at Sandhurst School, her Dad used to own the Wellington Arms, ahh happy days. I haven't been back for years so hope its still there!
- Ex-resident: Scouse comedian, Tom O Connor
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: uk, charlotte, Beth, Sue Fisher (was then anyway), PATRICK LEAHY, Carolyn, Emma Hurrell(nee Sherwood), jess cochrane, john eves, Q, mestiphoe, Gavin Smith, Wilfred Smith Smythson, R.S, William Goddard, Claire Murphy, Lauren Utton, P.Lentie, dominic, Dave Riley, Louise, Paul R, Paul Bishop, matty, Mike Beech, generic, travis, Jon Payne, Don, Julie Flack, Mark
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Sandhurst
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sandhurst Knowhere Board