Pubs in Sandhurst, Berkshire*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Sandhurst.
- THE DUKE'S HEAD HAS JUST BEEN REFURBISHED. DECENT INDSIDE AND WIDE-SCREEN SKY TVS. YOUNG STAFF, GOOD LAUGH AT THE QUIZ
- The Wellington Arms. Just the place if you fancy paying £3+ for a pint of flat lager. For heaven's sake don't complain (or even comment) about anything unless you want an ear bashing from the landlady.
- I realise that I am older than God and have not been back to Sandhurst since the year dot but surely it can't be that bad. Back in the very early 70's it was my launching board to one hell of a great life. Really.
- Wellington Arms is the best pub in Sandhurst in my opinion. Nice food.
- The Wellington Arms, fit-arsed bar staff, all but one are female!great atmosphere between the locals, no pikeys, no underagers, no thugs, no trouble! fantastic night out
- WELLINGTON ARMS, SANDHURST. SINCE ITS 'MAKEOVER' THE STANDARD OF FOOD, QUALITY OF BEER AND OF SERVICE HAVE ALL IMPROVED.
NOT TOO MANY OF US WRINKLIES, AND VERY FEW WHOSE EYEBROWS MEET AT THE CENTRE.
ROOMS CLEAN AND NOT TOO EXPENSIVE, NOW PROVING VERY POPULAR, BOOK IF YOU NEED ONE.
- white swan has a pool table. never seen no one in it. the new in is for regualrs only. poxy and tiny.
- Welly has chilled out now
Jolly Farmer still a bit of a rough-ender
Beefeater the best place togo.....
- Would not recommend any pubs in Sandhurst - needs it desperatley though...
- The Wellington Arms might be worth another visit. It's been fully refurbished and is under new management. It needed to be!
Eating at the Rose and Crown is a nice experience - if you have 2 hours spare before you want to eat ......
It's sad to say that the best pub for booze and atmosphere is a beefeater - The Rackstraw Farm.
- If you find a £1 coin on the floor in the Dukes Head, it's Lenny's.
- I would recommend the Wellington Arms as the place to catch with our vast selection of half baked wannabe criminals. If you do find yourself here of an evening then could I suggest that eye contact be avoided and I like to wear some sort of body armour.
- Jolly Farmer - right next to the RMA, Cracking pub, great looking bar staff. Live music Saturday nights. Kebab van parked straight outside, open 'til late.
- I once had to put raw onion from a sandwich in a pint at the Wellington Arms as at that time the Brakspears it was fleecing people for ranked amongst the worst of this dire beer I have ever had the misfortune to drink. It even beats the Red Lion in Wokingham and the Dukes Arse, comically enough at the bottom of the town.
- Wellington Arms, Yorktown Road - best place for wrinklies looking for a yawn - always guaranteed a seat. Due to close for brewery refit in July 98 - expect even worse when reopens. Shame really, beer's decent.
- Fox and Hounds Little Sandhurst, used to have the only PacMan machine in the whole of Sandhurst. (Yup it was hundreds of years ago when I used to go out with someone from Sandy Lane)
- The Rose & Crown with Paul & Debbie Roderick for a good crack and great food
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: uk, charlotte, Beth, Sue Fisher (was then anyway), PATRICK LEAHY, Carolyn, Emma Hurrell(nee Sherwood), jess cochrane, john eves, Q, mestiphoe, Gavin Smith, Wilfred Smith Smythson, R.S, William Goddard, Claire Murphy, Lauren Utton, P.Lentie, dominic, Dave Riley, Louise, Paul R, Paul Bishop, matty, Mike Beech, generic, travis, Jon Payne, Don, Julie Flack, Mark
Last updated: 2009-06-19
More stuff about Sandhurst
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sandhurst Knowhere Board