Skateboarding Spots in Sandhurst, Berkshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Sandhurst.
- Used to be a bank in evenlode way, probably the surface is dead now, but it used to be badddddddd for 70s style carving.
Used to be a ramp @ sandhurst school, long gone now unfortunately (i got it put there by harassing Ivor at the Spot for hours with my buddies)....
The suicidal Scotland Hill (aka "Skateboard Hill"), which can kill you at the roll of a dice, since it is super steep, and runs out into a blind road by the bridge, so if you bomb it, prepare to grind the soles of your feet to pieces trying to stop, I CANNOT recommend you try and run out at the bottom - I did this once and survived but seriously this is a BAD idea unless you dont care about your wheels and have cess slides and powerslides DOWN. I can still ride it and stop before the bottom today but then ive been skating over 20 years. And i dont care about my wheels or shoes.
The park at the recreation ground has been redone, it has a nice pipe spined on to a tighter pipe on the other side, and a couple of rails, and some ridiculous box with terrible banks and ramps at each end. It's true about the locals, the rec backs on to blackwater, and the scum of both towns congregates there to cause trouble. If you go in the middle of the day on a saturday or sunday then you will be fine, but leave before 4 or 5 otherwise you will get hassle.
Nothing has ever been funnier than watching a drunken townie try to drop in on the old wooden ramp that was there and land on his face. Literally. I havent stopped laughing since.
Nice to see that there is some new home grown talent there now, stealing my and my brothers s-town crown, i dont know the guys name but he is super smooth and look forward to his breaks in the mags and stuff, cos he deserves it, he's gonna be much better than i ever was. peace Litte Payney.
- Theres a bussiness park 10 minuets away form the skate park we are aloud to skate on the weekedneds. they leae wood crates ect. to build ramps theres also a few grind sopts nice place to try. its down a road called swan lane past the pub under the bridge past then its the 2nd road on the right down a long drive. there are signs up saying lakeside bussiness park its easy to find and a gr8 place to skate.
- The Memorial Park (known to locals as "the Rec" has the best skateboarding ramp i've seen around. It hasn't long been redone, it is now proving quite popular with the skateboarders of Sandhurst. Steer clear from it at night though!
- Ramp at the rec
steps with a short rail at Sandhurst School.
Longest rail slide bar on the planet by Owlsmoor shops.
Really nice steps outside owlsmoor shops, with a long sketchy rail too
I recommend going into little sandhurst, grabbing your balls and hill-bombing....
- I, Jon Payne was the FIRST person EVER to skate the rec-ramp. On a single sheet of ply and a double sheet. bet you're really impressed.......
- We have a skate ramp with a stunning array of fourteen year old girls just dying to be eligable for child benefit.
- Nice new  mini ramp in the Memorial park on Yorktown Road.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: uk, charlotte, Beth, Sue Fisher (was then anyway), PATRICK LEAHY, Carolyn, Emma Hurrell(nee Sherwood), jess cochrane, john eves, Q, mestiphoe, Gavin Smith, Wilfred Smith Smythson, R.S, William Goddard, Claire Murphy, Lauren Utton, P.Lentie, dominic, Dave Riley, Louise, Paul R, Paul Bishop, matty, Mike Beech, generic, travis, Jon Payne, Don, Julie Flack, Mark
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Sandhurst
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sandhurst Knowhere Board