Arts, crafts and such in Scarborough, North Yorkshire*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Scarborough.
Arts, crafts and such
- creative crafts....green world(there is interesting stuff there)
- creative crafts is sorted, plus they o real cheap nose studs belly bars etc.
- The Joke Shop on the Corner of Eastborough is great! It has all the best practical jokes and professional magic! www.scarboroughjokeshop.com
- Art Museum near Plantion Hill.
- wel ther is a place but dont go in ther cos people always set it on fire n with all the chemicals in ther you'll probs die instantly
- Cresent arts- is just great (the basement part) normally free entry, changes alot.
Craft shops down Bar Streets, two ro three of them much better choice in york 45 mins away.
- Try Westwood Campus art college for some free exhibitions, if you wanna see the usual 16 to 18 year old angst driven goth scribbles.
- cres art gallery under the main one is well cool.
- Art galleries? I normally go to my local butcher and order a cows head. Leave it in the garden for a few days to attract flies, pop it in an old fish tank and bingo - your very own fabulous installation worthy of any London gallery, and probably quite a lot cheaper too (as long as it's not a rare breed or anything).
- Cresent Arts in the Cresent, Scarborogh art gallery also in the Cresent, Blands Cliff, the Market vaults and i think thats about it really,
- Best place to visit is the Stephen Joesph Theatre- is so cool and modern
- creative crafts is soooooo cool it has all the witchy stuff in there and accesories and a few clothes, simple solutions is full of candles and the like!!! chameleon is a bit like creative crafts it has a lotta stuff for the home from abroad and a lot of it is home made very coooool!!! serendipity is like a second hand shop so has a lot of retro clothing and collectables!!! as for good art galleries we only have one art gallery anyway i think which isnt that good!!!
- creative crafts it sell body jewerally hair dye and loads of other kewl hippy stuff
- Creative Crafts: Sells hair dye, tarot, rues, bags, ring, necklaces, just kewl stuff!
- giftology on huntriss row sell anything from insense to fancy dress to vibrators
- Creative Crafts
- CRESCENT ARTS - Cutting edge contemporary Art Gallery situated in the basement of the proper Art gallery in The Crescent. Probably a bit too interesting for Scarborough really.
- Some rather lame Museums
- market vaults again
- some just off westborough
- In a town where sophistication is defined by wiping your dick after shagging your sister, arts and crafts of any genuine quality are hard to come by. On the other hand, poorly proportioned sketches of the castle (always from the same spot on the south bay) are more common (though less decorative) than toilet paper.
- Piss artists.
- plenty of shops for sad semi retired arty farties
- Creeping craftshops. Far too many for the good health of the town. Creative Crafts exploitation of the 3rd World to provide dull hippyesque trappings for the dullards who think that smoking Maryjane is somehow still rebellious.All sellers and wearers of hippy crap ought to be sterilised.
- lack of decent street art - and pukka has no art gallery that i am aware of
- gordons gallery a taste of art in itself and prices so cheap.. forget cornelisen move to scarborough and buy yourself an art starter kit...
- you can practice origami with all the littered fish and chip wrappers.
- The wishing well near the beach is an brilliant shop for goths and townys alike.
(manson T shirts for goths and take that postcards for townys)Run by the same family you owns cactus trading in york, they sell things from Knives to herbial mixxes that are quite potent (speical ingriediant)Well worth a visit. The young lads that serve you in the hollidays are extreamly good looking. e-mail me at Bogwash1@aol.com for more info.
- cresent arts( nice, interesting exhibitions)
Westwood college ( full of poncy art students who smoke lots)
creative crafts (a shop which sells some hippie stuff and creative stuff.)
- Creative Crafts - crystals, henna, ethnic jewellery. I like it. Wishing Well - fine variety of skins, so I've, er, heard, and other interesting articles you could never get in Woolies.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tom Bradley, Janet, paul griffiths, sheria, Kit Anson, Jimmy O Donnell, Lucy, gaz, david lowe, sean, Ken, Chris, SCC - The Scarborough legend, Kawliga, jack johnson, natalie, andy payne, zoe, martin calhoun, lil andy, monkey, freddy tait, tony smate, Joanne Bruce, C. Cash, the real monty ( le Chat ), JOHN PAUL, mijx, Wendo, Sarah Kemode, Josh, christina.murphy, katherine, Jehuda Benjamin, andy speirs, dmc, carlene, Pete, Andy Grandey, Garry, Eleanor Aldous, hull city fan, clash, chris hardy, Jenn Mills, I HATE BOARDERS, josh hopkins, jimmy the flange, carolyn, Mark Clulow, bill, turbo, Chris Pittordou, dave mackey, jenn milles, Stevehinchliffe, cantona, Martin, hayley, senorita, da gr8 1, Kimberley, the loner a true legend, Sneaky, alan, Eric, Chris Johnson, Cresta, red, tim allen, Tony Quinn, Mark Dark, Becca, Mark Starkey, Ray McDonogh, ian mcleod, Ben Vickers, Mike, WebLink, Jonathan, 88-92therealCROW, sarah swift, georgie, jacko, ~*~K.C~*~, Mousetower, Stevie Russell, spaced, robert thompson, Mike Parks, wes, Fay Kenny, N Nichols, mr.t, Andrew Smith, s.eblet, Geoff Winship, tom, hol, Mary, vicky, darren, Kate, Lauren, Sputnik, ben, Cam H, Emstar, Nick Davison, Tara Boil, sarah 'n' sab, Jon, RAY, Joe Tindall, leanne sedman, cunt, filonian babe, sean-classof88, jemma, Andy, paul, Eric Cartman, John Stephenson, kim, OB, james, Jon Davison, Jim, clubxpress, Cappers, Janine M-fuck off your not stalking me, maggie mansfield, Marth313, bling bling, erzza, goth queen, ken golf, Sayo n Dan, chez, dave welsh, SDG, gilbert the mole, Blandy, stephen eblet, anita, oli glossop, tony lavery, Kat, Terry Lancashire, steve, mike foreman, jamie, d.tucker, lady tigerlily, kev, Emma Broughton, aza, David, i sk8 4 me, Peter Helliwell, Dave Bowns, whitey, Robert, SCC - the Scabrough legend 95-2009, ryan (fat as fuck) willis, wayne kramer, bubble, John Valentine, PeterPiper, Dani, uni student, nik skinn, dan, Kak The Babbleman, funky, Ian Usher, bez, David Yates, ian, Eshawn Clark, Shane Prendergast, emma capes, Janie Manzoori, emma, carl, Rob MacKay, dan kett, Simon Muir, Ash, Adrian Paul, Leftie, micks, Jack, fnona, Darren Lethem, generic, Nicola Crofts, racash, daisy, kevin dows, spearmint, Nic, mark taylor, Michael, Debbie, Jonathan Kelly, Mike Hunt, fiona, scott eccles, Sarah, miss brightside, Paul Keld, christine, zac, netty & crick, Vikki, Lee, chuck, Matt H, Randolf Flately, eddie, Gail Sweeney, meka, Gill Foster, Reesa G, John, jeff, bob, Jeremy Pavier, colin
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Scarborough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Scarborough Knowhere Board