The Best Things in Scarborough, North Yorkshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Scarborough.
The Best Things
- Apart from the worst things I've said about it is the shops are excellent I think.
- everyone is on Mcat,town stinks of piss
- The Beach
- 3am post nightclub wallks - THE MEMORYS ( 75-2009 ) Pizza girls, St thomas st, Rosie o gradys, toffs, the underground, Newcastle packet sessions, Atlantis 3am swims, the women over the years, boleyns (?) - the people, the atmosphere, the walks, absolutly everything. Scarborough i love u !!!!
- The walks, the pubs, the hen do's & scabrough girls
- Everything.. lovely place.. Peasholm Park and the Navla Warfare deserve a mention
- The surrounding forestry and countryside is beautiful.
- the cresent when sunny and dry....its quite and a nice place to chill
- Mates, errrrmmmm westwood, drinking...
- The Choice and goods in Shops. That is a high profile and high volume in Scarborough.
- Its the seaside with wonderful views and cliff walks. Also surfing and a couple of surf shops.
- CHEAP TOBACO, FROM THE WESSIES!CHEAP RAZORS AND COFFEE FROM SMACK HEADS!SPILAINS, OPEN ALL HOURS, PULL YOUR OWN PINT! NECK WHAT YA LIKE!
- taking the dogs for a walk up the old railway line and letting them chase all the sheep
taking the 4x4 up the old railway line and mowing everyone down - cyclists, walkers, kids, dogs (sheep?)....
- The sea!
- the sea - sitting watching the waves crash over marine drive - this is the best thing by far
eating a russian slice - a cake only obtainable from cooplands in scarborough - with a cup of tea from the cafe on marine drive - it doesn't get better than this
the memories of life at NRC - the best of times - flames pizzas and florios happy hour
- the old days 10 years ago.
- the waves
- cool people
- The people (corny or what!!)
- lazy summer nights on the beach at cayton bay with a big bonfire and a barbie with anyone that turns up and likes a laugh and a smoke.
- LIVING TWO MINUTES FROM THE TOWN CENTRE
- the beach and all the boy racers and the good uproar nights. theres nowt spech bout scarborough but at the end of the day it is what we make it so if you have a laugh then you enjoy living ere but if ya a goth and just get depressed about everything then its not good so sort it out then it will be sweet peeps.
- the snooker center n the prossies
- when the weather is good, everything. When the weather is bad, nothing
- The Sea, me and life.
- the memories 1988 - 1992
and to think it was only 4 years
sean and marks hoodlum years
- ***WARNING*** Anyone who knows Michael Casey, aka Michael Mowbray, DOB 27/10/88, ought to be aware that he has moved to Scarborough from Birmingham to live with the Kennedys because he is a child abuser. Please keep children and other vulnerable people away from him, especially anyone aged nine or under, of either gender. He has a track record of abuse despite the fact he is only 16.
- MY friends! hanging around wen we r sooooooo bored of town, goin dwn ta beach! as it is a sea-side twn! lol
XS FOR A LAUGH
- scarborough rocks. if you dont like it then why not sod off back to leeds ?
- chrysalis beauty salon does ace 5 year tattoos !!!!!! they fade away after 5 years also piercings !!!!!!! and henna tattoos 3 museum terrace scarborough and has a holiday flat above them !!!!! see chrysalis holiday flat on google search xxxxxx
- Strong united music scene with a strong DIY ethic, so much better than the rest of the country.
- the sea
- Skelton's retired (one for the bikers)
- winnter (no old people around)
- Scarborough football club
- the weather not the futty team yea they r playin chelsea tday they r the giant killers o an DRINKIN SPECIAL BRU
- This space is too large.
- the crescent, the large amount of drugs, the beach, 'easy rider' white cider usually frost jacks or white lightnin not fucking omega
- the crescent, the large amount of drugs, the beach, 'easy rider' white cider usually frost jacks or white lightnin not fucking omega
- watching townies od
- the sk8rs n goths!!
- wots gd bout scarborough...fuck all!
- the sea air
Its honest as a place
Coming back, good old boro!
- People going barmy down the seafront on Boxing day, watching the surfers bobbing around on a summers eve, proper fish and chips cooked in LARD, christmas light competition in the old town (who started that?), view from St Mary's church at night, moving away and remembering just the nice bits.
- This is hard! Just sitting in town or on the beach or in the Cres is about all i do so i gues i pick that.
- Winter. No vomit in the streets
- The Stephen Joesph Theatre
Quey Tec Computers
The Game Centre
- Scarborouigh has more musicians than any other one place in the Country
- The A64 out
- upo ally. ann summers. woolworths.
- St. Mary`s hospital. It`s very much needed.
- best things are the sea ofcourse surfers are soooooo cool when its actually surfable. i like the italian gardens in the esplanade and the area around the castle is sooo cool and the crescent the happy place rox!!!!!!
- There are a few select benches above the skatepark which are worth a read if you're in the area!
- sea air, the beach, the surprising clean sea water,
- Being able to have stuff shop-lifted to order.
- My flat's very nice.
- The amazing heavy bands we have and voluntary collectives we have like DIY
- THERE IS NOTHING IN SCARBOROUGH THAT IS THE BEST!
- pubs and the skaters and bmxers that live there...well the proper ones anyway
- con club, privelige, casino...nuff said
- Knowing Everybody. West Pier F.C.
- Rocky's shop!
- The nice people, nice town, clean... not scabbie at all!
- as someone who has to return to the dump by the sea, at xmas to see the family,
the one thing not mentioned is boxing day. when EVERYONE is out on the piss, full of xmas cheer. you get to see people you only ever see once a year, and catch up. however this day really, really is only thing about scarborough that does not make you suicidal within 10 mins of arriving. anywhere pround that jimmy saville lives there needs massive amounts of help. if everyone just moved away, scarborough would simply cease to exist and that would only be a good thing. until thing all you do is hope that it falls into the sea, and takes everyone who thinks scarborough is a great place with it.
- peoples humour to live in a town like this i feel a right comedian for keep coming back
- The Sand
The women and their white scrunchies
The feeling that the 80's never really left
The Stephen Joseph Theatre
- the beach
- The A64 out of town, Wetherspoons for decent beer in a grotty place, the hospital cos I was born there!
- Slappers whatever the weather wear fuck all and are always willing to shag in a variety of open-air spots (Olympia Gardens, York Place, Grafitti Square and up against the skip behind XS are particular favourites.)
- as a born scarborian i have to admit there isnt anything good about scarborough anymore
- being near the sea.
- I'm leaving in May.
- Neck a couple of acid tabs at about midnight, wander thru Dean Road cemetery, onwards into Peasholm Park, into the Open Air Theatre, along North Marine Drive (especially during the winter when the sea's really rough), then up to the castle and look down onto the old town & Scarboro seems fucking great.
- Getting out of there when I was 18 and going to an even bigger shit hole Hull
- Arcades on the sea front, but due to the new parking scheme, incredibly hard to get to for long.
- music, surfin, blading, skating , drugs, alcohol, WOMEN,beating up townies, road kill
- There are still a lot of positive points about our town. I have seen a lot of the world already, and travelling narrows the mind (and the drums get ever louder) as the rest of the world is full of the same problems, but usually ten-fold. If you don't like your tax-and-crime-subsidised holiday here, Mr Just-released-but-soon-to-get-another-pitifully-short-stretch-wessie, you know what to do.
- the train out
- Scarborough Football Club, The Hole in the Wall pub, the Marine Drive, the North Side.
- Scarborough is a really nice town to live in, especially in Winter when there are no tourists. Although many people have put a lot of negative remarks about the town I feel I need to defend it because it is a beautiful place and the people are all really friendly. The North Bay and South Cliff are lovely spots and even the South Bay is not too tacky compared to other coastal resorts.
- Fantastic place to vegetate. No one will force you to get a "good job": there aren't any. The town at the end of the world welcomes all deviants and sucks them into its great melange of dope boredom.
- The sea, but not the filthy beach. At all.
- The sea, the hills, the weather, the older buildings, the romance.
- usually happen somewhere else
- the beach and .... thats it.
- sea, soft drugs and unemployment
- People who are trying to push our town forward and bring in new ideas
- fuck all! Scarborough is the best thing if you are a phoedophile or cerial rapists its a great holiday for ex-convicts!
- Running into the sea at 3 in the morning after a post club kebab.
Also that every TV program in the north have filmed there and a few feature
lengths aswell: Heartbeat, Peak Practice, Little Voice, That program with
Martin Clunes about a stagnight, where he fell in love with his stripper.
OHHHHHHH Harbour Bar yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- The National Student Drama Festival. Held at the Spa, and most of the other theatres in the town, every Easter. See lots of very good theatre for only a few pounds. The arts information officer at the University will have all the information!
- Great fish and chips, nice B&B's, the Coffee Bean cafe ( superb breakfasts )
- the smell of the green cliff lift [is it still green?] beside the spa,
getting soaked by the waves [full of shit and shit] at the old pool with my dad at high tide when I was 4.....
- The Esplanade on the South Cliff is lovely - beautiful views, a refreshingly cool breeze in summer, elegant gardens and a peaceful atmosphere.
- The 'Danny Wilde' experience!
- The Winter, when there are no tourists.
- The sea, climbing into the castle at night (so I've heard), I'm sure there's something else good about Scarborough but after 2 and a half years I still haven't found it. I give it 6 more months.
- Friendly, atmosphere, lively in the summer season, and, of course the sea!!!
- The fish and chip shop at the top of St Thomas street.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tom Bradley, Janet, paul griffiths, sheria, Kit Anson, Jimmy O Donnell, Lucy, gaz, david lowe, sean, Ken, Chris, SCC - The Scarborough legend, Kawliga, jack johnson, natalie, andy payne, zoe, martin calhoun, lil andy, monkey, freddy tait, tony smate, Joanne Bruce, C. Cash, the real monty ( le Chat ), JOHN PAUL, mijx, Wendo, Sarah Kemode, Josh, christina.murphy, katherine, Jehuda Benjamin, andy speirs, dmc, carlene, Pete, Andy Grandey, Garry, Eleanor Aldous, hull city fan, clash, chris hardy, Jenn Mills, I HATE BOARDERS, josh hopkins, jimmy the flange, carolyn, Mark Clulow, bill, turbo, Chris Pittordou, dave mackey, jenn milles, Stevehinchliffe, cantona, Martin, hayley, senorita, da gr8 1, Kimberley, the loner a true legend, Sneaky, alan, Eric, Chris Johnson, Cresta, red, tim allen, Tony Quinn, Mark Dark, Becca, Mark Starkey, Ray McDonogh, ian mcleod, Ben Vickers, Mike, WebLink, Jonathan, 88-92therealCROW, sarah swift, georgie, jacko, ~*~K.C~*~, Mousetower, Stevie Russell, spaced, robert thompson, Mike Parks, wes, Fay Kenny, N Nichols, mr.t, Andrew Smith, s.eblet, Geoff Winship, tom, hol, Mary, vicky, darren, Kate, Lauren, Sputnik, ben, Cam H, Emstar, Nick Davison, Tara Boil, sarah 'n' sab, Jon, RAY, Joe Tindall, leanne sedman, cunt, filonian babe, sean-classof88, jemma, Andy, paul, Eric Cartman, John Stephenson, kim, OB, james, Jon Davison, Jim, clubxpress, Cappers, Janine M-fuck off your not stalking me, maggie mansfield, Marth313, bling bling, erzza, goth queen, ken golf, Sayo n Dan, chez, dave welsh, SDG, gilbert the mole, Blandy, stephen eblet, anita, oli glossop, tony lavery, Kat, Terry Lancashire, steve, mike foreman, jamie, d.tucker, lady tigerlily, kev, Emma Broughton, aza, David, i sk8 4 me, Peter Helliwell, Dave Bowns, whitey, Robert, SCC - the Scabrough legend 95-2009, ryan (fat as fuck) willis, wayne kramer, bubble, John Valentine, PeterPiper, Dani, uni student, nik skinn, dan, Kak The Babbleman, funky, Ian Usher, bez, David Yates, ian, Eshawn Clark, Shane Prendergast, emma capes, Janie Manzoori, emma, carl, Rob MacKay, dan kett, Simon Muir, Ash, Adrian Paul, Leftie, micks, Jack, fnona, Darren Lethem, generic, Nicola Crofts, racash, daisy, kevin dows, spearmint, Nic, mark taylor, Michael, Debbie, Jonathan Kelly, Mike Hunt, fiona, scott eccles, Sarah, miss brightside, Paul Keld, christine, zac, netty & crick, Vikki, Lee, chuck, Matt H, Randolf Flately, eddie, Gail Sweeney, meka, Gill Foster, Reesa G, John, jeff, bob, Jeremy Pavier, colin
Last updated: 2017-01-12
More stuff about Scarborough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Scarborough Knowhere Board