Demolish It Now Building in Scarborough, North Yorkshire*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Scarborough.
Demolish It Now Building
- Woodlands School flattened for doing that to me.
- New Sands 'development' great big huge block of concrete flats built right on the seafront on the north beach.
- SCALBY SCHOOL
- barrowcliff....get the dealers out first
- the new hotel theyre building...gah more tourists!!!
- The recent
- CAFE DEL MAR, MARINE DRIVE SCARBOROUGH, MISERABLE, OVER PRICED, UNDER COOKED, NOT A PATCH ON OASIS, FRIENDLY, TASTY AND VALUE FOR MONEY!!
- the town planners office - the new annexe at north riding college ( the place used to have character )
- the scarborough, or hungry horse run by two queers who can't serve a decent pint.
- The Olympia on the sea front, bloody hideous!!
- the town hall with all them fiddling gets in it
- OLD TRAFFORD
- reggies house
- eaasy, the pavillion thing
- The evening news office
- all the additions to the original north riding college rebuild the swimming pool get rid of all the halls this place used to be special just like scarborogh the character has all gone
- ***WARNING*** Anyone who knows Michael Casey, aka Michael Mowbray, DOB 27/10/88, ought to be aware that he has moved to Scarborough from Birmingham to live with the Kennedys because he is a child abuser. Please keep children and other vulnerable people away from him, especially anyone aged nine or under, of either gender. He has a track record of abuse despite the fact he is only 16.
- WILLY WANKERS CHOCLATE FACTORY
- The new po po station, its fookin horrible!
- all of scarborough
- Stephen Joseph Theatre.
- all of SCARBOROUGH
eastfild/ all girl shops
- ALL SKATEPARKS
- anyones house that annoys the hell out of me
- Those offensive housing estates on the north cliff: the posh ones.
- that goth shop in town
- that goth shop in town
- Damiens Flat!!!
- Townie spots, Gillys, den u bastards l piss off to a different shithole, hopefully away from ere
- The new police station, its rubbish
- Gilly's on the seafront......keep all kids under 8yrs old away from it!!! They are not safe, even with parents with them....
- OK! More than you can shake a demolition ball at! That tat infested Brunswick Pavilion would be first - full of pikeys - in fact lock em all in there while you apply that ball. What was wrong with the old Debenhams? I know that black and white diamond carpet gave out static electricity that could fell an ox but not a reason to flatten it in favour of the current monstrosity.
- The old opera house is slowly coming down.
- The one at the junction of Northway and Westbrough (with Kwick Save in it UGLY UGLY UGLY!
- Hollywood Plaza (cinema)
The Brunswick shopping centre - eh?
The Futurist (the other cinema)
The whole of town basicly - its shite!
The Castle (or whats left of it)
- the town hall/dss/jobcentre...
- Graham school
- the libary, so they can increase the size of upo ally.
- balmoral its already been changed but it is sooooo ugly or maybe the pavilion thats minging too it was soooo much prettier in the victorian times
- scarborough as a whole
- The Opera House should probably be demolished. Its quite fun waiting for it to fall over but I feel that this attitude is perhaps a little socially irresponsible.
- edgehill...eastfield...barrowcliff...need i say why?
- THE GRAND - SPENT 8 MONTHS OF HELL WORKING THERE
- The Opera House, The Open Air Theatre.
- the opera house on st thomas st needs flatting as dose the futurist
- jimmy savilles flat.
- Sixth Form
- Those horrible ugly office like buildings. All visitors who come of the train see this gross building where the tourist office is. Its a 60's eyesore. Demolish it
- The old outdoor pool
- The Sixth Form College (or the Girls' High School as it used to be known) Scene of too many years of academic misery!
- The Castle, come off it its been lying half beat since the War and should be replaced with the Zebnith project which threatens to put a roof on the entire town.
Any house which former residents of Edghill have been relocated to.
- all the DSS hostels.
- The opera house really ought to be knocked down before it falls on somebody.
- Edgehill, Barrowcliffe & Eastfield council housing estates
- Tesco. The Conservative Club. Most of Scarborough train station is useless nowadays - the platform stretches halfway to Seamer from the days when loads of people used to arrive on trains.
- old debenhams with the big sweeping staircase down to the sports department...you could roll down it....when you were a kid of course
- Club XS, Boleyns, Quids Inn.
- olympia leisure on the south bay and all the dumps at the back of edgehill
- All the ugly box-i modern ones! And definately that hideous Brunswick shopping thing, aren't they out of fashion yet?!- Do people still flock to these crap places that all look the bleedin same, with the same shops as every town/city in the counrty/world, the stale hot air, and always full of fat people and screaming brats. Get rid of it.
- The horrible 70's style thing behind the Grand Hotel ; part of the Townhall? Its evil. In fact, anything built in the 60's/70's, the decades that taste bypassed.Replace ithem all with Victorian style/Gothic, something beautiful for a change.
- that fucking old burned out cinema near st.thomas street
- barrowcliff estate
- Gillys on`t seafront
- The Royal Opera House. derelict for years and a total eyesore.
- Pampered Pets
- The toilets behind Boyes. Stink of piss. ( funnily enough )
- alma hotel on albermarle cresnt-its full of snides!!!
- The old YMCA needs to be flattened. It's probably rat infested. But will they knock it down. No. The damn things a listed building.
- Brunswick Centre....poor excuse for a shopping centre as it has no decent shops and there's never anywhere to sit. Full of wasters spitting over the balcony. FLATTEN IT NOW!!!!
- Someone obviously decided that the Brunswick Pavilion was a great example of modern architecture, enough to demolish the original store and replace it with this monstrosity. Oh, and the Sea Life Centre's pyramids don't fit in with their background; they belong on the planet Mars or something.
- The outdoor swimming pool buildings - eyesore or what!
- The 'Brunswick Pavilion', a big fat mountain of capitalism in the centre of town, built about six years ago by Debenhams, is about as attractive as my arse. From the outside and the inside it looks like a fucking prison.
- Pavillion House - appaling
- The Royal Opera House on St Thomas Street
- The Brunswick Pavillion is a poor excuse for a shopping centre. Rip it down and biuld it again!!!!!!!!
- Marshall House on St Nicholas Street
- Police Station and the Grand hotel
- The tourist information center
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tom Bradley, Janet, paul griffiths, sheria, Kit Anson, Jimmy O Donnell, Lucy, gaz, david lowe, sean, Ken, Chris, SCC - The Scarborough legend, Kawliga, jack johnson, natalie, andy payne, zoe, martin calhoun, lil andy, monkey, freddy tait, tony smate, Joanne Bruce, C. Cash, the real monty ( le Chat ), JOHN PAUL, mijx, Wendo, Sarah Kemode, Josh, christina.murphy, katherine, Jehuda Benjamin, andy speirs, dmc, carlene, Pete, Andy Grandey, Garry, Eleanor Aldous, hull city fan, clash, chris hardy, Jenn Mills, I HATE BOARDERS, josh hopkins, jimmy the flange, carolyn, Mark Clulow, bill, turbo, Chris Pittordou, dave mackey, jenn milles, Stevehinchliffe, cantona, Martin, hayley, senorita, da gr8 1, Kimberley, the loner a true legend, Sneaky, alan, Eric, Chris Johnson, Cresta, red, tim allen, Tony Quinn, Mark Dark, Becca, Mark Starkey, Ray McDonogh, ian mcleod, Ben Vickers, Mike, WebLink, Jonathan, 88-92therealCROW, sarah swift, georgie, jacko, ~*~K.C~*~, Mousetower, Stevie Russell, spaced, robert thompson, Mike Parks, wes, Fay Kenny, N Nichols, mr.t, Andrew Smith, s.eblet, Geoff Winship, tom, hol, Mary, vicky, darren, Kate, Lauren, Sputnik, ben, Cam H, Emstar, Nick Davison, Tara Boil, sarah 'n' sab, Jon, RAY, Joe Tindall, leanne sedman, cunt, filonian babe, sean-classof88, jemma, Andy, paul, Eric Cartman, John Stephenson, kim, OB, james, Jon Davison, Jim, clubxpress, Cappers, Janine M-fuck off your not stalking me, maggie mansfield, Marth313, bling bling, erzza, goth queen, ken golf, Sayo n Dan, chez, dave welsh, SDG, gilbert the mole, Blandy, stephen eblet, anita, oli glossop, tony lavery, Kat, Terry Lancashire, steve, mike foreman, jamie, d.tucker, lady tigerlily, kev, Emma Broughton, aza, David, i sk8 4 me, Peter Helliwell, Dave Bowns, whitey, Robert, SCC - the Scabrough legend 95-2009, ryan (fat as fuck) willis, wayne kramer, bubble, John Valentine, PeterPiper, Dani, uni student, nik skinn, dan, Kak The Babbleman, funky, Ian Usher, bez, David Yates, ian, Eshawn Clark, Shane Prendergast, emma capes, Janie Manzoori, emma, carl, Rob MacKay, dan kett, Simon Muir, Ash, Adrian Paul, Leftie, micks, Jack, fnona, Darren Lethem, generic, Nicola Crofts, racash, daisy, kevin dows, spearmint, Nic, mark taylor, Michael, Debbie, Jonathan Kelly, Mike Hunt, fiona, scott eccles, Sarah, miss brightside, Paul Keld, christine, zac, netty & crick, Vikki, Lee, chuck, Matt H, Randolf Flately, eddie, Gail Sweeney, meka, Gill Foster, Reesa G, John, jeff, bob, Jeremy Pavier, colin
Last updated: 2017-01-12
More stuff about Scarborough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Scarborough Knowhere Board