Favourite Building in Scarborough, North Yorkshire*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Scarborough.
- BLUE LONGE
- war mumerial
- Grand Hotel
- The Grand Hotel. A magnificent building and hotel with wonderful views. Built around the "calendar" i.e. had 365 rooms when built one for each day of the year. Worth a visit to view the architecture even better to stay.
- scarborough has a strange habit of letting all its quality buildings fall into disrepair and then demolish them - now in 2006 they are getting rid of the corner cafe complex and making flats / hotel - ripping the soul out the town and leaving a place which used to have character heartless and devoid of history - the same policy for the council for the past 30 years - ie south bay swimming pool / st thomas' hospital / the opera house / the mermaid pub / mr marvels / outdoor theatre / peasholme park - the place is know a flatpack sea side resort
- eastfield pub, full of local celebrities.
- macdonalds out of town
- the grand hotel,sat on the roof (pissed)what a view
- THE GRAND HOTEL, AMAZING BUILDING TO LOOK AT BUT APPARENTLY NOT SO NICE TO STAY IN, AND A STRANGE CLEANER I ONCE KNEW TOLD ME THE WHOLE PLACE WILL COLLAPSE WITHIN TWENTYFIVE YEARS! BUT AS I SAY HE WAS A CLEANER AND NOT A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER!
- lee nichols house - 10A Hanover Road - 01723 366245 - 07899822842 - thank u
- probably my house which I doubled in size on Filey road
- That wierd gentlemens home up southcliff
- north riding college lots of sex, hot baths, free bars, home made punch, love sweat and tears and a few essays.
the old south bay pool, which saddo dcided to get rid of another of the few original features of a once great seaside resort ? other fantastic losses have include the old debenhams building a true labyrinth of fun and a proper building, the old outdoor theatre in the north bay, the clifton hotel room 367 , 10 alma square.
- ***WARNING*** Anyone who knows Michael Casey, aka Michael Mowbray, DOB 27/10/88, ought to be aware that he has moved to Scarborough from Birmingham to live with the Kennedys because he is a child abuser. Please keep children and other vulnerable people away from him, especially anyone aged nine or under, of either gender. He has a track record of abuse despite the fact he is only 16.
- WILLY WANKERS WAREHOUSE
- The Spa, its class!
- your kidding, this is scarborough we are talking about
- Old Opera House (Little Angels played here)
- UNDERGROUND CAR PARK NEAR PALM COURT
- Railway station.
- art gallery
- newhere townie free
- MCain Stadium...Seadogs!!!
- The Rotunda Museum (it's round! it's a museum! it's fantastic!) The Grand Hotel, just because it's a mammoth old pile of Victorian frippery. Stephen Joseph Theatre is cool, also the row of buildings on the Esplanade.
- Would have to be............... The train station and the station grounds. Great place, plenty of places to hide and security guards to anoy.
- The Grand Hotel
- my favourite builing is the one with the bulls head above it on falsgrave. took me ages to find that.
- Ann Summers it has everything i need.
- hmmmmmmm probably the market its just about one of the only original buildings left from victorian scarborough
- the one near the grand hotel that looks as if its really narrow yet when you go round the back looks normal.
- bacchus gay bar
- The Opera House is probably Scarborough's most interesting building. I find that most buildings just sit there and do very little. The Opera House, on the other hand, is much more active. It moves quite noticably each year and will doubtless fall on someone before too very long. Good effort!!
- that would be telling
- Holbeck Hall...oh shit sorry forgot
- The Scarborough Arms.
- abbey national building it has a allyway down the side of it due to the lack of toilets in scarborough it brings me great relief alot
- the market vaults there are many cool shops in there especially the one called Daxs
- The train station. The line ends here in the seaside town that they forgot to close down.
The White Horse
- The Castle...
- The Spa, especially the sun court. The Castle (what's left of it!)
- ollies mount
- Tesco. Our old house on Princess Street which was falling to bits and the rent was unbelievably cheap - in the cellar were photos of the landlords wife in various states of undress.
- Ones with drinks licences.
- victoria wine on aberdeen walk,followed by costcutters on north marine road
- The McCain Stadium
- Futurist Roof - great for chilling - spitting on people passing by on open top buses
- Those Esplanade hotels/flats,[ones without the concrete balconies-!] And the windmill
- the beach
- police station.. oh taht brutalism and the brutes in the bar on top a drinking the night away.. Lights winking and shadowa moving telling us of a better world..........
- The cricket ground on Northe Marine Road. The largest non test ground in England.
- ahhh....the section that matters!!
THE OLD VICTORIAN POOOOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
- Kebab house opposite the Sun (but only at 2 in the morning)
- The Grand Hotel, a fucking GIGANTIC Victorian place, unmissable from the coast is well cool. (now owned by Butlins.) And the modernist, art-deco Stephen Joseph theatre opposite the station is also good.
- Stephen Joseph theatre formerly the Odeon cinema
- Odeon Building
- The Brunswik center
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tom Bradley, Janet, paul griffiths, sheria, Kit Anson, Jimmy O Donnell, Lucy, gaz, david lowe, sean, Ken, Chris, SCC - The Scarborough legend, Kawliga, jack johnson, natalie, andy payne, zoe, martin calhoun, lil andy, monkey, freddy tait, tony smate, Joanne Bruce, C. Cash, the real monty ( le Chat ), JOHN PAUL, mijx, Wendo, Sarah Kemode, Josh, christina.murphy, katherine, Jehuda Benjamin, andy speirs, dmc, carlene, Pete, Andy Grandey, Garry, Eleanor Aldous, hull city fan, clash, chris hardy, Jenn Mills, I HATE BOARDERS, josh hopkins, jimmy the flange, carolyn, Mark Clulow, bill, turbo, Chris Pittordou, dave mackey, jenn milles, Stevehinchliffe, cantona, Martin, hayley, senorita, da gr8 1, Kimberley, the loner a true legend, Sneaky, alan, Eric, Chris Johnson, Cresta, red, tim allen, Tony Quinn, Mark Dark, Becca, Mark Starkey, Ray McDonogh, ian mcleod, Ben Vickers, Mike, WebLink, Jonathan, 88-92therealCROW, sarah swift, georgie, jacko, ~*~K.C~*~, Mousetower, Stevie Russell, spaced, robert thompson, Mike Parks, wes, Fay Kenny, N Nichols, mr.t, Andrew Smith, s.eblet, Geoff Winship, tom, hol, Mary, vicky, darren, Kate, Lauren, Sputnik, ben, Cam H, Emstar, Nick Davison, Tara Boil, sarah 'n' sab, Jon, RAY, Joe Tindall, leanne sedman, cunt, filonian babe, sean-classof88, jemma, Andy, paul, Eric Cartman, John Stephenson, kim, OB, james, Jon Davison, Jim, clubxpress, Cappers, Janine M-fuck off your not stalking me, maggie mansfield, Marth313, bling bling, erzza, goth queen, ken golf, Sayo n Dan, chez, dave welsh, SDG, gilbert the mole, Blandy, stephen eblet, anita, oli glossop, tony lavery, Kat, Terry Lancashire, steve, mike foreman, jamie, d.tucker, lady tigerlily, kev, Emma Broughton, aza, David, i sk8 4 me, Peter Helliwell, Dave Bowns, whitey, Robert, SCC - the Scabrough legend 95-2009, ryan (fat as fuck) willis, wayne kramer, bubble, John Valentine, PeterPiper, Dani, uni student, nik skinn, dan, Kak The Babbleman, funky, Ian Usher, bez, David Yates, ian, Eshawn Clark, Shane Prendergast, emma capes, Janie Manzoori, emma, carl, Rob MacKay, dan kett, Simon Muir, Ash, Adrian Paul, Leftie, micks, Jack, fnona, Darren Lethem, generic, Nicola Crofts, racash, daisy, kevin dows, spearmint, Nic, mark taylor, Michael, Debbie, Jonathan Kelly, Mike Hunt, fiona, scott eccles, Sarah, miss brightside, Paul Keld, christine, zac, netty & crick, Vikki, Lee, chuck, Matt H, Randolf Flately, eddie, Gail Sweeney, meka, Gill Foster, Reesa G, John, jeff, bob, Jeremy Pavier, colin
Last updated: 2008-02-18
More stuff about Scarborough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Scarborough Knowhere Board