Yet to make it big but definitely worth a listen
You can tell us more about Scarborough.
- Another Manhattan are brilliant and can be seen at various venues around town including Indigo Alley, Tap & Spile, Merchant and the Commercial.
- Great singer/performer David Nicholson - performs around the town but try the Glass House for a great night of entertainment.
- Seaside Danny Wilde. Sings in Scarborough, but even The Ramshill has seen his decline in popularity of late. He`s upset his Wildettes, and has been advised by his new `companion` to perform more contemporary hits. As you can imagine this has gone down like a lead balloon with his regulars. His fans tend to be 30 + , and the rest , and they want to hear rock and roll and not the music choices of an ignorant Lolita.
On the plus side, there are lots of great bands in Scarborough, all playing for free in local pubs. Try Snatch, Running on Empty. Or local solo artists, Sammy Lee, Patrick Dean - all good.
- Scarborough`s Seaside Danny Wilde - disillusioned fans have set up an alternative website! Have you seen him lately in Scarborough No Wildettes, no fun no atmosphere anymore. It`s crime to see this old rocker letting himself be manipulated this way. Bring back the Wildettes !! Or better still, vote with your feet and stay away from his gigs. Theres pleanty more singers in Scarborough.
- St James's Gate, one of the best covers around, everything from Chuck Berry to Kings of Leon, see them at the Merchant.
- local scarborough band EXCEPT FOR ACCESS really rock they also play there own music, local pubs, indigo alley,the tap and spile,the ship,castle tavern, the albion, captains house,red lion cloughton ,available to you all,
thanks for the listing good luck
the last gig i went to a taxi driver called in at the pub to pick up a fare
he forgot about the fare
and stayed for the rest of the gig the whole place rocked
get them on youtube for some old covers etc
all the best from freddy in sunny scarborough, want to know more
- Swagger, a lot of nineties rock music.
- LIVE AT THE RAMSHILL - ONE NIGHT ONLY - JULY 30 2010 - BANALARALMA REUNION - BRING IT BACK TO 94 - ESTHER GET OUT YOUR TAMBOURINE - ROCK AND ROLL AT ITS (SECOND) BEST - WHAT ABOUT ALMA FUDD ????????????????????
- The Pulse. Newcastle Packet once per month. Play at least 40 live covers of just about everything. 5 musicians (old boys) with sound engineer and lighting rig. Cracking atmosphere.
- Anyone remember DJ Tripp ?? - play'd all the Galactica raves & lots of local clubs in early 90's. patrick Dean, Danny Wilde
- Sea Side Danny Wilde
- the good old days of when the metal scene in scarborough was good with such bands as (faKe),dripfeed,element,act of violence,moon chicken,magic tree,neutrino,our own,homage,active minds,sorrow....these were the days when scarborough had something fun going on...such great musicians as well i wonder where they are now?any one know?
- Banalmaralma: the band that followed Alma Fudd, and spent two years playing the regular spot at the Ramshill, famous for 12 hour charity playathons.
- the occasion are pretty ace, very innotive!!
- a lot of students in scarb playing 'metal' or 'britpop' thatdont know what there talking about, you have to put up with them playing in vivas for 2-3 years (then they split up and leave univeristy and never play in thoose bands ever again). Aside that scarb doesnt have much music scene
- Murrays do Band groups of tributes with Competitions called Battle of the Bands.
- Scarborough used to have a pocket of punk / hardcore which did well for a while, Satanic Malfunctions, Active Minds etc, do both these still exist?
- what's happened to hamps tramps - or are they just for old fuckers?
- I LOVED A BAND CALLED UPHEAVAL ( cos i was in it )
- alma fudd rocking the ramshill - circus in reverse jamming to a heady indie beat - king louis ( whatever happened to mark richardson ) - the best unsigned band in england UBS ( utterley bastard sexy ) - with guest vocals from the crowman - scarborough rocks - simpo and the enemy busking outside woolworths at christmas
- circus in reverse are due for their breakthrough single making the charts mike dixons pop beat indie class act are most famous for their cult clasic mr perfect less well known postman pat rendition from b side single due for a new 25 date scarborough tour in june / july 06
- radio theatre are great!!!!
- mark richardson from feeder used to get leathered ona regular basis with us at bacchus
toby jepson - little angels - the smallest dick in the world
- Only one man you need to know..... DECOY remember the name
- Check out Local Band Trilogy, they totally rock, what ever you want ,they'll play the socks off it!better than the original
- DJ STU CLARKE - DRUM N BASS MASSIVE
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tom Bradley, Janet, paul griffiths, sheria, Kit Anson, Jimmy O Donnell, Lucy, gaz, david lowe, sean, Ken, Chris, SCC - The Scarborough legend, Kawliga, jack johnson, natalie, andy payne, zoe, martin calhoun, lil andy, monkey, freddy tait, tony smate, Joanne Bruce, C. Cash, the real monty ( le Chat ), JOHN PAUL, mijx, Wendo, Sarah Kemode, Josh, christina.murphy, katherine, Jehuda Benjamin, andy speirs, dmc, carlene, Pete, Andy Grandey, Garry, Eleanor Aldous, hull city fan, clash, chris hardy, Jenn Mills, I HATE BOARDERS, josh hopkins, jimmy the flange, carolyn, Mark Clulow, bill, turbo, Chris Pittordou, dave mackey, jenn milles, Stevehinchliffe, cantona, Martin, hayley, senorita, da gr8 1, Kimberley, the loner a true legend, Sneaky, alan, Eric, Chris Johnson, Cresta, red, tim allen, Tony Quinn, Mark Dark, Becca, Mark Starkey, Ray McDonogh, ian mcleod, Ben Vickers, Mike, WebLink, Jonathan, 88-92therealCROW, sarah swift, georgie, jacko, ~*~K.C~*~, Mousetower, Stevie Russell, spaced, robert thompson, Mike Parks, wes, Fay Kenny, N Nichols, mr.t, Andrew Smith, s.eblet, Geoff Winship, tom, hol, Mary, vicky, darren, Kate, Lauren, Sputnik, ben, Cam H, Emstar, Nick Davison, Tara Boil, sarah 'n' sab, Jon, RAY, Joe Tindall, leanne sedman, cunt, filonian babe, sean-classof88, jemma, Andy, paul, Eric Cartman, John Stephenson, kim, OB, james, Jon Davison, Jim, clubxpress, Cappers, Janine M-fuck off your not stalking me, maggie mansfield, Marth313, bling bling, erzza, goth queen, ken golf, Sayo n Dan, chez, dave welsh, SDG, gilbert the mole, Blandy, stephen eblet, anita, oli glossop, tony lavery, Kat, Terry Lancashire, steve, mike foreman, jamie, d.tucker, lady tigerlily, kev, Emma Broughton, aza, David, i sk8 4 me, Peter Helliwell, Dave Bowns, whitey, Robert, SCC - the Scabrough legend 95-2009, ryan (fat as fuck) willis, wayne kramer, bubble, John Valentine, PeterPiper, Dani, uni student, nik skinn, dan, Kak The Babbleman, funky, Ian Usher, bez, David Yates, ian, Eshawn Clark, Shane Prendergast, emma capes, Janie Manzoori, emma, carl, Rob MacKay, dan kett, Simon Muir, Ash, Adrian Paul, Leftie, micks, Jack, fnona, Darren Lethem, generic, Nicola Crofts, racash, daisy, kevin dows, spearmint, Nic, mark taylor, Michael, Debbie, Jonathan Kelly, Mike Hunt, fiona, scott eccles, Sarah, miss brightside, Paul Keld, christine, zac, netty & crick, Vikki, Lee, chuck, Matt H, Randolf Flately, eddie, Gail Sweeney, meka, Gill Foster, Reesa G, John, jeff, bob, Jeremy Pavier, colin
Last updated: 2013-01-04
More stuff about Scarborough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Scarborough Knowhere Board