Buskers, Street Entertainers in Scarborough, North Yorkshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Scarborough.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Curly from Marvels, the 'loner'of Boleyns, captain Birds eye of Peasholm, Vincent pier Tizer Girl & the Marine drive stompers - respect to the Crown crew
- Miss 10/10 - Mist Bar, Gurning Boy - the dance floor (rockys, Boleyns), the old grey haird beared geezer who wears luminous clothes to the clubs & dances away with one bottle of water all night - a true legend.
Loner boy from scalby who goes out on his own, very rich, very fit - can be found lurking on edeg of dance floor Mist, Barracuda, boleyns
- What about that woman (I think she was called Rose) who used to dance in the town centre, and flash her tits!
- go into the rendezvous cafe at the top of town they sit in there all day
- The happy busker in towns ace, although it does sometimes get a bit reptative lol!!!
- That annoying sod who stands outside Smiths/poundworld/wilkinson with a pork pie hat & dayglo orange shirt on, singing 'Mrs. Robinson' off key ALL DAY!
- Ked Kendall
- Find them in the main shopping precinct
- FLEGA PUB AND PARTY ENTERTAINER NO LIMITS
- local pop groupie with white hair and tambourine ( esther ) - spot her at the front of any gig of under 20 yearold students - most notably - almafudd - circus in reverse or foggy and groggy
bluesuitcasedave - local personality of much acclaim - last seen looking at the top shelf of w h smiths - he's an occasional busker and sometimes pairs up with leonard rossiter lookalike 'the enemy' and perform outside local shopping centres
- mad esther
foggy and groggy
phil the enemy hill - local busker
- mick gillen who is ginger and can only sup 4 pints before he turns scottish.
- there is the young guy with the dog that stand outside wilko's. he used to be a looker, why u busking?! the old guy with the guitar that keeps us entertained in the queque to xs. jane thats always in rosbys, chain sm,oker she is!
- dave suitcase simpson and his wardrobe full of porn - urban legend / trainee teacher circa 1989
esther ( crazy old esther ) - alma fudd groupie
- rose but not seen her for a while
- Check out Faz in the balmoral entrance, he's so bad he ought to be a millionaire just for the simpathy vote!!good laff tho!!
- there are no characters left in town ,its been taken over by beggars.
- Esh is a local character, you can visit him at Factory fabrics on westwood opposite tescos.
- SUN IS SHINING SKY IS BLUE PLEASE BUY A BIG ISSUE!
ALL THOSE ANNOYING OLD FOOLS ON MOBILITY SCOOTERS, SOME WITH NUMBERPLATES SAYING "BERTIE" OR "NORMA" OR CRAP FLAGS, THINKING THEY OWN THE PRICINCT,PAVEMENT OR ROAD!
- well scarborough is full ov tramps the best 1 is shotgun billy remba to ask him 2 play telly-tubbies on his guitar
- JIM! Normally out side Ballmarrol centre with his dog Cassy. Great guy spare some time to talk to him.
- Jesus Jon, the bearded ex-Hells Angel, reputedly rode up Westborough with a shotgun
- esthers burning esthers burning throw on petrol throw on petrol very happy memories of alma fudds favourite tambourine shaking groupy
pervy dave and the enemy busking near woolworths
- ***WARNING*** Anyone who knows Michael Casey, aka Michael Mowbray, DOB 27/10/88, ought to be aware that he has moved to Scarborough from Birmingham to live with the Kennedys because he is a child abuser. Please keep children and other vulnerable people away from him, especially anyone aged nine or under, of either gender. He has a track record of abuse despite the fact he is only 16.
- a man selling a bird noice making thingys.....reali anoyin!
- Check out the luvvies from Westwood college do half hearted street theatre every summer down the high street. Theres always a fresh kappa attempting to mime.
- silly twat who preaches religion, I say lock him up
- middle of town , marks and spenders
- Ask for Baggy in the Alma.
- 'sweaty' a seller of 'herbal substances'
- 'sweaty' a seller of 'herbal substances'
- therers a man known as wet man who belives that if he dossent cover himself in oil and stay outside his blood will leak out of his skin. plus if you sing, the sky is blue may i plese have a big issue to the big issue man (the one behind the main bus stop in town) he will sing u a song for 50p.
- snides snides n more snides
as 4 entertainment u gt all the townies startin fights n theyre funny watchin townies gettin their heads kiked in!!!!
- if ya lookin 4 entertainment, go to woolies or da beach, da amount of trouble u get down dere man! u might as well take ur coke and popcorn and make yaself comfy, ya bound to c summat gd.
- Rosie! Whatever happened to the lady with the flower in her backcombed grey hair, the make-up plastered on and the outrageous clothes who used to dance in the street? She used to strip off outside Marks and Spencers and then get carted off by the plod, god bless her. If I ever go mad I want to be just like she was.
- The tin Whistle 2. Are "homeless" put have aparantly has been seen parking there car in the Brunswick.
THe god guy..just ask any local teen or Goth!
And the drunks do get a bit scary at times can normaly be found in the evenings with teens anoying them.
THe loony bloke who says he is a travling indian (no home) I think its more to do with the bottle.
- One street entertainer you do not want to see is upo
- That roise who i think died, the lads always used to ask her to take her top off. The mad black women, the black preacher man. the witches, the santa man, all in bout 2001
- that guy with the black hair who has a girlfriend and a dog, stands at the top of the balmoral centre - he has got realy good realy quick on the penny whistle he is the best in town at playing that now, and his guitar playing is coming on leaps and bounds. he needs to think about being a musician instead of a beggar.
- there are many tramps in the boro if you are on the lace and go by the old tesco there are sweaty buskers there all the time and there shite. if you see them boot them in the head.
- usually the tramp outside wh smith, with his penny whistle. Oh and don't forget those lovely ladies on bar street from 10!
- always outside woolies or down huntriss row cant get rid of 'em
- townies busk for fags by threataning to ' kick your fuckin head in div '
- A nice old lady called Rose used to strip off whenever musicians started busking in the precinct. A must see if she`s still on the go.
- Dodgy tramp called Al who lives in a phone box and sits in the street all day!
- There's a busker in Scarborough that can actually play the penny whistle (as opposed to blowing really hard, waggling one's fingers and looking shabby). This is a rarity. I'm still finding it hard to resist giving him some money.
- Suzanne = entertainer
- You can see local loons James Koppert and Ryan York running about the streets and whats even more crazy is they dont expect any money
- piss off all i want is some peace when i walk down the bloody street!!!!!!!
- used to be a cool old blind guy that played keyboard then just walked off without his stick or anything at the end of the day
- That guy with the organ who's been around years. 'Mad' Rosie!
- have you seen the whitby bus outside the station, you can tell the people queing there are from whitby.
- the girl who's sometimes outside m&s with the purple hair and the nice guitar. fantastic voice.
- Big issue sellers are sometimes amuse.
- the guy who flogs the scarborough evening news near woolies corner
- The fat geezer who's blind and plays a shitty little casio keyboard, and rides a moped from Hull to play there. And the Peruvian geezers with the pipes.
- in town
- That twat with the burning juggling things needs lessons.
- There are many lost souls who think that juggling in Westborough is some sort of career move.
- Rosie the mental women who strips off or dances at any given opportunity.
There are a lot of crazy people currently residng in boro'.
- lots of entertaining 'big issue' sellers, who ask for their magazines back after selling u them
- for a laugh go to outside of brunswick and laugh at the goths. there is also a woman who goes by the name of rosie who will take her clothes off if you ask her.
- only tramps are the entertainment that roam the streets and there line is "can you lend us 10p"
- That woman who used to walk down the town centre with no top on.
- Sometimes in Summer there is a fire breather, but he just smells of barbeques. A clown sells balloon hats. She's very good. Note: she's my boyfriends mother.
- The odd juggler, but more entertaining is the man that sells the newspapers in town. If you're in Scarborough and really stuck for something to do, spend 30 seconds trying to figure out what he's shouting, and you'll have probably spent 29 seconds too long.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tom Bradley, Janet, paul griffiths, sheria, Kit Anson, Jimmy O Donnell, Lucy, gaz, david lowe, sean, Ken, Chris, SCC - The Scarborough legend, Kawliga, jack johnson, natalie, andy payne, zoe, martin calhoun, lil andy, monkey, freddy tait, tony smate, Joanne Bruce, C. Cash, the real monty ( le Chat ), JOHN PAUL, mijx, Wendo, Sarah Kemode, Josh, christina.murphy, katherine, Jehuda Benjamin, andy speirs, dmc, carlene, Pete, Andy Grandey, Garry, Eleanor Aldous, hull city fan, clash, chris hardy, Jenn Mills, I HATE BOARDERS, josh hopkins, jimmy the flange, carolyn, Mark Clulow, bill, turbo, Chris Pittordou, dave mackey, jenn milles, Stevehinchliffe, cantona, Martin, hayley, senorita, da gr8 1, Kimberley, the loner a true legend, Sneaky, alan, Eric, Chris Johnson, Cresta, red, tim allen, Tony Quinn, Mark Dark, Becca, Mark Starkey, Ray McDonogh, ian mcleod, Ben Vickers, Mike, WebLink, Jonathan, 88-92therealCROW, sarah swift, georgie, jacko, ~*~K.C~*~, Mousetower, Stevie Russell, spaced, robert thompson, Mike Parks, wes, Fay Kenny, N Nichols, mr.t, Andrew Smith, s.eblet, Geoff Winship, tom, hol, Mary, vicky, darren, Kate, Lauren, Sputnik, ben, Cam H, Emstar, Nick Davison, Tara Boil, sarah 'n' sab, Jon, RAY, Joe Tindall, leanne sedman, cunt, filonian babe, sean-classof88, jemma, Andy, paul, Eric Cartman, John Stephenson, kim, OB, james, Jon Davison, Jim, clubxpress, Cappers, Janine M-fuck off your not stalking me, maggie mansfield, Marth313, bling bling, erzza, goth queen, ken golf, Sayo n Dan, chez, dave welsh, SDG, gilbert the mole, Blandy, stephen eblet, anita, oli glossop, tony lavery, Kat, Terry Lancashire, steve, mike foreman, jamie, d.tucker, lady tigerlily, kev, Emma Broughton, aza, David, i sk8 4 me, Peter Helliwell, Dave Bowns, whitey, Robert, SCC - the Scabrough legend 95-2009, ryan (fat as fuck) willis, wayne kramer, bubble, John Valentine, PeterPiper, Dani, uni student, nik skinn, dan, Kak The Babbleman, funky, Ian Usher, bez, David Yates, ian, Eshawn Clark, Shane Prendergast, emma capes, Janie Manzoori, emma, carl, Rob MacKay, dan kett, Simon Muir, Ash, Adrian Paul, Leftie, micks, Jack, fnona, Darren Lethem, generic, Nicola Crofts, racash, daisy, kevin dows, spearmint, Nic, mark taylor, Michael, Debbie, Jonathan Kelly, Mike Hunt, fiona, scott eccles, Sarah, miss brightside, Paul Keld, christine, zac, netty & crick, Vikki, Lee, chuck, Matt H, Randolf Flately, eddie, Gail Sweeney, meka, Gill Foster, Reesa G, John, jeff, bob, Jeremy Pavier, colin
Last updated: 2009-07-27
More stuff about Scarborough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Scarborough Knowhere Board