Skateboarding Spots in Scarborough, North Yorkshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Scarborough.
- the skatepark
- skate park in Filey nr.Golf club. Dedicated area.
- pindar,theres a dicent ledge nere ask on south bay,out side woolworths thers a dicent set
- seems as the fountains have gone...well "re furbished" i'll have too say the skate park....you can still go to the fountains....theres just no stairs there anymore ha ha ha
- most of my mates are usually at the back of the station or where ever they can find they're tryin to get the hairybobs skate park sorted which wud be mint!!
- So cool!, starting at danny (dannyP) is it? 1993 about the mini ramp at YMCA. if your lucky enough to get hold of a rad magazine from 93 check out the double page spread of scarborough spots. although some of the spots are now gone i.e the spa blocks, fountains look pretty rough now as all the slabs got over turned in about 2000.But thats all gonna be dug up soon to make a brand new something, so keep your eyes on that. Also 98 sidewalk surfer thers an article about a jam i organised, we stayed up till 3am making ramps and over 100 people turned up,it was so sick. kids today, learn your history Ellis was is the origional skateboard king ripping up the goods yard in 88 . 95 was the best year of my life for skateboarding. u cant beat skateboarding, scarborough has its spots but with out a scene and an amazing atmosphere, and people getting along and understanding that they arnt pros and a simple ollie can be appreciated and applauded then its nothing. There is a skatepark at pindar school.best one ever in scarborough just came too many years years too late. i still got my board get in touch. Rob Thompson
- dated 8/5/2007
- There's a Skateboard Park along the bottom of the Marine Drive where you can walk up to it from a Cafe before you get to the Corner Cafe.
- westborough town centre
- under spa bridge. but watch out for the street robbers .there is a skate/base park on north side (decent)
- groovy fountains on valley road that were..... u remember the washing up powder trick
- you have listed as a skateboard shop and surf shop surface 2 air in scarborough however this shop has been closed for 6 months now and is now a gallery !!!!! and was crap anyway !!!!!
- The station, fountians, raincliffe school, the spa, by the way real skaters dont listen to hardcore rock n wear black, its hiphop all the way, check out Zoo York Mixtape
- i am from sheffield, my website is www.popsk8boards.cjb.net, check it out. . .im coming to skate scarborough on the 8th of april, anybody wana show me the places to skate?
- all around scarborough
- Macdonalds,15 of us surrounded by one cup of tea getting thrown out by police and police dogs circa1986 - that is the gayest thing i have ever heard learn to skate u queer
- on north marine road theres a skatepark and the fountains kik ass coz theres loads o sik ledges steps n other sk8rs.theres a two set a three set and a 4 set in a row by the old game centre.ppl say the back o train stations good but it sux big time,all u got r sum curbs a car park n sum snides.also try
- safeways car park .. tis fun
- Sheer cliff just overlooking Cayton Bay.
- Most people know the usual spots like the fountains,station and that but there is more like the corner cafe and onthe roof( a sick gap), on top of olivers mount ledge down 15 sets and into bans but take some wood as the ground is gravel, the ledge on kings street( the road behind sublime), Scarborough college sick 8set with a drain gap at the bottom of it, the town hall 9 set it has stoppers on the top but it is still fun and loads more
- those fountain/sculpture/gardens things on the slope down to the sea front roundabout
- Places to skate
A sorry exuse for a skate park at North Bay (normally very quite)
Under The Spa bridge, lots if steps, lots of low walls and thing to grind on.
Or try outside woolies for the "skaters" who cant skate.
- Raincliffe School, from 5 is great.
- fountains basically under spa bridge near the south bay. Skate park at the other side of scarborough near the north bay not too hard to see.
- the new skate parks shite loads of snides drink and stuff so theres station where theres also snides or founatians near spa bridge where theres not as many snides we leave them to wat they wanna do so y cant they leave us y dont they understand we dont like them
- Station, those steps near Spa bridge.
- ANYWHERE BUT SCARBORO
- behind the station
- near station
- outside Westwood College
- Open-air swimming pool, the Italian gardens.
- Macdonalds,15 of us surrounded by one cup of tea getting thrown out by police and police dogs circa1986
- The fountains rule, i'm from Leeds, and that place kicks arse to any place i,ve
skated in the yorkshire region,(apart from rehab), Train stations knarly too.
- Valley bridge?
- try the top of the brunswick at night when there's no cars, down the seafront in summer to scare the shit out of all the tourists when there is room to skate
past them, plantation hill (just keep turning to slow youself down), don't go to the station cos' sac heads like pony and rick skate there, even if they arn't there then there's a good chance of tucker and other snide coming round to tap you up (no bull).
- good skate spot - burniston school (transitioned banks) old skool hangout...
news to all the newbies - if u knew the original posse, why don't they know u?
another fun run is plantation hill on an icy day in winter - also try skating instead of carrying boards around like lemons.
p.s. don't cover the station car park with oil from the bus station 'cos the boy racers tend to crash when approaching the wall.
- station, spa ,fountains
- esplanade a' storming down on the retired majors of tunbridge wells in high summer..
- First of all we'd like to make a few corrections.To the person who said there were not many skaters left, you are wrong. To you it may appear that there aren't many left but there is. They skate places which none of the "fake" skaters know about. They want to keep it underground. The way it should be. They don't want it to be in fashion, the true skaters who are still around are the original ones. They know the people who started the whole skate scene off in Scarborough.There's too many fake wannabe skaters in Scarborough, especially at Westwood college, They need to knock that shit off, thinkin there all dope,They know who they are (mf), (wb), (zl), etc... We've seen you. But when are you all ever out skating late at night or finding you're own spots to skate. One other thing STOP writing shit graf, you don't know nothing about it. Leave it to the people who know.
- train station car park-nice grindy ledges and lots of space.
Safeways-large spacious car park with a loading bay drop round the back.
fountains-lots off steps skaters paradise, also grind ledges and an underground car park beneath it.
- The spa, the fountains under valley bridge, anywhere in town, providing it's dark and there are no police around. The back of the railway station too, if you want to smoke dope with 10 year old skaters.
- Behind the YMCA building in Elders Street. 16' wide 5.5' high mini ramp. Floodlit. Phone 0723 374227. Chained up when not in use. Resurfaced. Good coping. Talk of getting another mini-ramp. 50p a session (members). £1 (non members) Membership is £4.50 per year. 93: still there, but badly kinked on flat bottom. Lots of places round town. Main spot is the fountain area under the Spa Bridge: steps, walls, ledges, benches etc. South Bay Only empty now and again, a bit rough, but lots of features. Transitioned. Empty only at low tide on shit hot summer's day, in fact. ALWAYS full of sea water, says Danny.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tom Bradley, Janet, paul griffiths, sheria, Kit Anson, Jimmy O Donnell, Lucy, gaz, david lowe, sean, Ken, Chris, SCC - The Scarborough legend, Kawliga, jack johnson, natalie, andy payne, zoe, martin calhoun, lil andy, monkey, freddy tait, tony smate, Joanne Bruce, C. Cash, the real monty ( le Chat ), JOHN PAUL, mijx, Wendo, Sarah Kemode, Josh, christina.murphy, katherine, Jehuda Benjamin, andy speirs, dmc, carlene, Pete, Andy Grandey, Garry, Eleanor Aldous, hull city fan, clash, chris hardy, Jenn Mills, I HATE BOARDERS, josh hopkins, jimmy the flange, carolyn, Mark Clulow, bill, turbo, Chris Pittordou, dave mackey, jenn milles, Stevehinchliffe, cantona, Martin, hayley, senorita, da gr8 1, Kimberley, the loner a true legend, Sneaky, alan, Eric, Chris Johnson, Cresta, red, tim allen, Tony Quinn, Mark Dark, Becca, Mark Starkey, Ray McDonogh, ian mcleod, Ben Vickers, Mike, WebLink, Jonathan, 88-92therealCROW, sarah swift, georgie, jacko, ~*~K.C~*~, Mousetower, Stevie Russell, spaced, robert thompson, Mike Parks, wes, Fay Kenny, N Nichols, mr.t, Andrew Smith, s.eblet, Geoff Winship, tom, hol, Mary, vicky, darren, Kate, Lauren, Sputnik, ben, Cam H, Emstar, Nick Davison, Tara Boil, sarah 'n' sab, Jon, RAY, Joe Tindall, leanne sedman, cunt, filonian babe, sean-classof88, jemma, Andy, paul, Eric Cartman, John Stephenson, kim, OB, james, Jon Davison, Jim, clubxpress, Cappers, Janine M-fuck off your not stalking me, maggie mansfield, Marth313, bling bling, erzza, goth queen, ken golf, Sayo n Dan, chez, dave welsh, SDG, gilbert the mole, Blandy, stephen eblet, anita, oli glossop, tony lavery, Kat, Terry Lancashire, steve, mike foreman, jamie, d.tucker, lady tigerlily, kev, Emma Broughton, aza, David, i sk8 4 me, Peter Helliwell, Dave Bowns, whitey, Robert, SCC - the Scabrough legend 95-2009, ryan (fat as fuck) willis, wayne kramer, bubble, John Valentine, PeterPiper, Dani, uni student, nik skinn, dan, Kak The Babbleman, funky, Ian Usher, bez, David Yates, ian, Eshawn Clark, Shane Prendergast, emma capes, Janie Manzoori, emma, carl, Rob MacKay, dan kett, Simon Muir, Ash, Adrian Paul, Leftie, micks, Jack, fnona, Darren Lethem, generic, Nicola Crofts, racash, daisy, kevin dows, spearmint, Nic, mark taylor, Michael, Debbie, Jonathan Kelly, Mike Hunt, fiona, scott eccles, Sarah, miss brightside, Paul Keld, christine, zac, netty & crick, Vikki, Lee, chuck, Matt H, Randolf Flately, eddie, Gail Sweeney, meka, Gill Foster, Reesa G, John, jeff, bob, Jeremy Pavier, colin
Last updated: 2011-08-09
More stuff about Scarborough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Scarborough Knowhere Board