Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Slough, Berkshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Slough.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- ROAD WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that fuc all really, Not sure Slough has any others?? The first murder caught by telegram was here and the office used brunel roundabout for its opening credits. What a claim to fame.
- John King novelist
- Theres the cast from the Office, that girl from the Coca Cola Advert. Grace from Big Brother lives by Montem Leisure Centre, and Suzie from BB is from Slough. :D
- Station Jim
- Yes 1 of the Spice Girls used too. yes there is a few others.
- Jimmy Carr. He is pretty famous now, I love his humour. My boyfriend went to school with him in Burnham.
- Fya, a new urban reaggae girl group
- It's not Yootha Joyce, it's Una Stubbs and she went to Baylis Court school.
- i once took my friend george clooney into the wheatssheath...he liked it!
- Gary Numan was NOT raised in Slough. He was born in Stanwell, and raised in Ashford and Staines.
- well..... ali G's staines. of course there's david brent, the spice girlslived in maidenhead for a while, roy from east enders also lives there 9 though he's dead now isn't he??/) then it's local talent, film makers ( asham kambooj) and who the fuck else is ever going to admit to coming from sluff
- I have heard that Eutha Joyce (Aunt Sally), went to Woodside school and Ozzy Osbourne once lived in Farnham Common.
- Robert Williams (2 bit actor), Toni De Bart (one hit wonder), Mark Richardson (athlete), Eutha Joyce (actress), MN8 (boyband), Faith Brown (comedienne), Slough mens hockey team and european champions 1950's, Linford Christie (lives nearby in Iver actually) and the man who invented the bouncing bomb, (actually, he is buried in Slough,. I saw his funeral in 1982).
- Dennis Waterman (The Sweeny etc)lives in Farnham
- tommy cooper's brother used to own a magic shop at the end of slough
gerri haliwell used to drink in the george
- Tommy Walker used to live in slough but he moved to narnia.
- I have seen Iain Lee come into Safeways a few of times.
- geri halliwell lives in langley, elton john has a hosue in windsor, craig david filmed his video for "walkin away" outside Sahan's Store in Cippenham
- Daniella (one nostril) Westbrook lived in datchet for a while
- Slash from Guns & Roses, Gary Numan, Tracy Ullman, Gerry Halliwell, Faith Brown, a veritable talent treasury.
- My boyfriend has brought to my attention that no one seems to have remembered Station Jim, the stuffed dog on Platform 5 of Slough Station. He's well famous
- Ulirika Jonsson went to Burnham Grammar
- George from the human zoo
- Iain Lee (11 o' clock Show) went to Herschel Grammar. Sascha Cohen (Ali G)
- Slough has a town-bred Opera Singer - Willard someone. He studied at Slough Grammar.
Ben Freeman, of Emmerdale and Grange Hill, was at school in Slough. Does that explain anything? He also learned to skate at Montem Ice Arena - but not while Torville and Dean were training there.
- All these astronomers: Milton, Herschel, Gray... don't know who they are but were famous when they were alive.
We have an olympics racer Mark Johnson who used to live in Slough. No more claims to fame, sorry!
- What about Herschel (astronomer)? Ulrika Johnsson (blonde)who went to school there.
- Tracy Ulman (of crap female comedienne who made it bigger in America)comes from Slough I think, or it could be her mum. Anyway apparently it's
from Britwell the Slums of Slough!
- Gary Numan. Raised in Slough and never recovered.
Ulrika Johnson. My mate's brother snogged her in the fourth year at school you know.
- Tony di Bart, a one-hit wonder with the song "The Real Thing" about 4 years ago now, lives in Slough and always has. The boy done good.
- Panther (Gladiator) lived in Palmerston Ave, about 2 years ago, (next door to my cousin), George Michael (Singer) was here for a while with Geri (Ex-Spice), MN8 (Band) are from Slough, Lloyd Owusu (Footballer) was bought up in Slough also played for slough and i used to train with him, Mark Richardson (Olympic Runner) is from Slough, Gareth Hurbert (Table Tennis) is an ex-classmate of mine
- Cilla Black lives closeby
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: harumpf, carley, jill, deedee, Ross, Lucy, Jim Sherrard, Adam Scott, aftab hussain, marc, Rik Cunningham, butt, g, Adrian Fisher, randy, J, linda, peter hunt, Gaz, jenny slade, jon, littleswampduck, john cooper, Joe, zoe, Spidlington Spod, Mark Williams, Mitchell Moth, J O, Elliot Davies, phil thoroughgood, tikj, Syco, hal, Kerry H, Ian Duxbury, teuru, Natalie, murray, g poole, adam, Andrew, Navdeep "The Sloughboy" Daheley, chadwick, chadwick r, panita, lyn, Dave Chown, Paula, montemiceskatingclub, meusli full face, Freddie, Dave Horton, Gogs, Robbie Lazan, Stuii, bill, jonathan hodgson, tony campbell, SANTOSRTR, bucant, alanna, templar, Martin, Donna Lacey, Richard Hill, britwellgirl, no, Dan Quarterman, mapin, Scott Davies, mary & tom, star, Rebel Nathan, Kim Louise, Shezza, spy in the sky, Daz, Phil Merchant, Jamie, Paprika Crispy, Jamie Green, holly, Sharon Watkins, Jo, nO COMMENT, Marcia Allass, cat g, Matthew, smotret_shchit_4_sezon_18_seriia, the_man, Matthew Bonner, KATHRYN MCKAY, D Ware, ian reynolds, Jeff Cooper, vicky, Bol-x, stacey moore, Edwige Novak, Tim Canterbury, Big Chris, chris cragg, lawrence, Melissa, FLINT, Ted McBean, Lucie, Bradley, jim, Matt, Duke of Nothing, Harinder Singh Chaggar, Saire, Carl, david holder, Dan, Peter Davis, katy barton, Yourmumlefttit, louise, jeeb, rudegirlz, Michelle James, James, abban, Charlotte, Darkman, emily, Simon Martin, Ian Graham, unkown, Jon Young, Lefty, bob templeman, christian koetz, Zara Hussain of Stile Road, Neil Smith, Jamie Gorst, Gina, Nazia, Damon Guy, WADMAG, robert miles, Phil, cli4d, jackie, gjdvjud, Lynn, Josh Hewer, shaveta, angela`, staci, Laura McCarthy, kaz, serena, Amy, sandra, DJ NITE STORM - FROM A GHETTO IN SLOUGH, jo hardern, Sam Tompson, kate f, alison, anon, mary, Becca H., soo, thekitschgoth, Amit Rai, portugeeza, A Singh, Darren Smith, caroline smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, Shelly, Real Slough Badman, Horsey, theorganist, liam, Sue, tiffany, andrew pettitt, Britwell manz, generic, jr, lalal, Carlylou, bilbo baggins, roy pryer, Michael, stephen crocker, MIKE, Yen Barrow, craig raymond, Nat, Anthony Mizen, Squirrel, keefy, Milly, Alan Turner, BLARNEY, linderella, D Foster, Ed Waddington, lisa, top cat, John, kani, jeff, Worker, terry reynolds, Steve, george
Last updated: 2010-08-01
More stuff about Slough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Slough Knowhere Board