Favourite Building in Slough, Berkshire*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Slough.
- all of them. Sloughs 60's heroin archetcture makes life worth living. The bastedrs are already knocking doon brunnels sexy bus station after that wee prick got shot in there. Selfish basterd.
- All of the buildings in Upton Park
- My favourite building in Slough is the Slough Train Station, the well-put reason for this is because it is part of a rail system and all you need is to purchase a single ticket to get as far away from this hell on earth as you need. Why not go to Newcastle or Devon, hell even go as far as Glasgow if you are that desperate to escape the Jihadists, Polish Job Stealer's and the Rag headed Indians.
- tescos is sick
- The YOT building is where I spent most of my time. Although its there to help you sort your behaviour out, the workers are really cool and you get to go away on trips and stuff. I also like chilling out in Queensmere Shopping Centre.
- st bernards convent is kinda old i guess, new tesco is impressive but has completely screwed up the traffic even more
- Has to be the Chavely Block of Towers it is ill.
- The scout hut
- brunel bussation
- The DSS is very popular in Slough. This is where girls who cant keep thier legs closed can have thier unwanted offspring paid for by the nice tax payers of Stoke Poges/ Gerrards Cross. Please see 'Britwell'
- John Crane Building (Crossbow House) -from the credits of the office and the building in which Wernham-Hogg is set. My boyfriend I had sex in there. It makes me smile every time I drive past. And the lovely smell of chocolate.
- Horlicks it is always gonna be here so might aswel get use to it
- upton court
- The Windmill Pub what the hell happend to it!
- Slough train station is a good building
- Slough Young People's Centre
- my bredryns yard
- My favourite building in Slough was The Old Crown Building at the top end of Windsor Road and Slough High Street. It was a nice 60's retro building and you could see the spiral staircase through some large street facing windows. It opitimized the Slough of the 60's/70's and is a great loss to Slough heritage.
Oposite Slough library on Stoke road, is an old small brick building. It was once used as a public toilet.
You can also look through historical books for pictures of Licence Vichellers School and the Hotel which stood opposite Slough Rail station.
Don't come to Slough if you want to see anything of beauty. The place has been trashed!
- brunel bus station
- Approaching the Tuns crossing from the town, there are St. Martins Place by the Montem Lights and the new purple-lit building on the left hand side.
- slough station , work of art . home of station jim,the stuffed dog on platform five . i used to look at him on my way home to hayes on many occasions .saw a programme on the tv during christmas , was,nt about slough though , never mind . fond memories of a nice town ......sod you john betjeman .
- it just HAS to be the power station towers on the trading estate. great if u wanna commit suicide in a dramatic way
- Boots on the high street. For an extra treat pop behind there at night and sometimes you might find a couple of whores there.
- St pauls church, stoke rd
- Royal Hotel Demolished by capitalists over night but they did pay a a small fine The cellnet building is there now (looks lovely)
- The only time I've seen Slough was when I was on holiday in Britain (I'm from the States) and took the train from Paddington to Windsor Castle, so I had to transfer at Slough train station. What a pretty old structure. Gives a pretty good first impression for a town people seem to like to dump on. I always wondered how the name was pronounced-thought it rhymed with "trough" and hence would be pronounced "sloff".
- St. Bernards Convent Grammar School
- All the best ones have been demolished - apart the house I was born in!!!!
- the langley towers! (in my bloody dreams)!
- ice arena or bus staion
- Bus Station.
- Singh Sabha Gurdwara.
- The beautiful silver tree sculpture in the central square. OK not really
a building but it's my favourite structure.
- From looking at plenty of old photographs, most of the beautiful buildings have been demolished. The old Granada cinema in Windsor Rd, the old Post Office, for example. The fact that Observatory House (home of the Herschel family) is no longer there is a disgrace.
- No highlights in Slough but the highstreet was recently refurbished and looks a lot better than it used to, almost a joy to walk through the Queensmere!
- the old Montem Middle School Building in Chalvey.....had wicked times there...our football team were the best in slough...the building was old and run down but had great memeories there.
- Brunel Bus Station - possibly the most hideous building yet conceived by man. Should not be under 'demolish it' category as it says everything about the superlative grottiness which has reached art form levels of distinction in Slough.
- It was the three screen cinema near the police station and next to the church. But the b*st*rds knocked it down when I was about 10 to build more office blocks.
Slough has the most office blocks I've ever seen.
- this town has the worst architecture in Britain, believe me i lived all over the place, Leeds, Manchester, leicester, Huddersfield to mention a few.
- Virgin, Wexham Park
- Slough Ice Arena - known as "The Hangar" for obvious reasons, if you've seen it! Home of the Slough Jets (British National League), Slough Tornados (Recreational) and Slough Phantoms (Women's Premier League)ice hockey teams. Reputed to have finest ice pad in the south of England.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: harumpf, carley, jill, deedee, Ross, Lucy, Jim Sherrard, Adam Scott, aftab hussain, marc, Rik Cunningham, butt, g, Adrian Fisher, randy, J, linda, peter hunt, Gaz, jenny slade, jon, littleswampduck, john cooper, Joe, zoe, Spidlington Spod, Mark Williams, Mitchell Moth, J O, Elliot Davies, phil thoroughgood, tikj, Syco, hal, Kerry H, Ian Duxbury, teuru, Natalie, murray, g poole, adam, Andrew, Navdeep "The Sloughboy" Daheley, chadwick, chadwick r, panita, lyn, Dave Chown, Paula, montemiceskatingclub, meusli full face, Freddie, Dave Horton, Gogs, Robbie Lazan, Stuii, bill, jonathan hodgson, tony campbell, SANTOSRTR, bucant, alanna, templar, Martin, Donna Lacey, Richard Hill, britwellgirl, no, Dan Quarterman, mapin, Scott Davies, mary & tom, star, Rebel Nathan, Kim Louise, Shezza, spy in the sky, Daz, Phil Merchant, Jamie, Paprika Crispy, Jamie Green, holly, Sharon Watkins, Jo, nO COMMENT, Marcia Allass, cat g, Matthew, smotret_shchit_4_sezon_18_seriia, the_man, Matthew Bonner, KATHRYN MCKAY, D Ware, ian reynolds, Jeff Cooper, vicky, Bol-x, stacey moore, Edwige Novak, Tim Canterbury, Big Chris, chris cragg, lawrence, Melissa, FLINT, Ted McBean, Lucie, Bradley, jim, Matt, Duke of Nothing, Harinder Singh Chaggar, Saire, Carl, david holder, Dan, Peter Davis, katy barton, Yourmumlefttit, louise, jeeb, rudegirlz, Michelle James, James, abban, Charlotte, Darkman, emily, Simon Martin, Ian Graham, unkown, Jon Young, Lefty, bob templeman, christian koetz, Zara Hussain of Stile Road, Neil Smith, Jamie Gorst, Gina, Nazia, Damon Guy, WADMAG, robert miles, Phil, cli4d, jackie, gjdvjud, Lynn, Josh Hewer, shaveta, angela`, staci, Laura McCarthy, kaz, serena, Amy, sandra, DJ NITE STORM - FROM A GHETTO IN SLOUGH, jo hardern, Sam Tompson, kate f, alison, anon, mary, Becca H., soo, thekitschgoth, Amit Rai, portugeeza, A Singh, Darren Smith, caroline smith, email@example.com, Shelly, Real Slough Badman, Horsey, theorganist, liam, Sue, tiffany, andrew pettitt, Britwell manz, generic, jr, lalal, Carlylou, bilbo baggins, roy pryer, Michael, stephen crocker, MIKE, Yen Barrow, craig raymond, Nat, Anthony Mizen, Squirrel, keefy, Milly, Alan Turner, BLARNEY, linderella, D Foster, Ed Waddington, lisa, top cat, John, kani, jeff, Worker, terry reynolds, Steve, george
Last updated: 2010-08-01
More stuff about Slough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Slough Knowhere Board