The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Slough.
- Londoner, Earl of Cornwall and Red Cow are good places to get more than a pint. Real Badman only though - i aint talking bout skunk or coke or whatever you pussyoles do these days.
- its gotta be da pump
- I would never step foot back in the cherrpicker in manor park if you payed me the bar staff can not even smile they are rude,there is drugs taken in and outside of the pub with the owner and the manager (les) well aware of it this is not a wecolming pub if you dont know people in there
- well langely pubs seem to be mostly full of pikey boys, but thats a good thing as there the least of your worries
- The Swans on the Bath Road, they turned it into a pasta restaurant and then they knocked it down :-(
- The Pied Horse is such a good urban pub (which dont ask for ID) and theres Wetherspoons and the Whernam Hoggs which are good.
- HI THE WORST PUB IN SLOUGH IS THE DOG AND POT INN ,94 ROGERS LANE STOKE POGES .
BAD FOOD BAD SERVICE AND OVER PRICED , THE LANDLORD IS AT WAR WITH MUM.S PARKING
IN HIS CAR PARK AT SCHOOL PICK UP TIMES, HE SHOULD PAY AS MUCH INTEREST IN THE PUB ITSELF ,THE PUB IS IN A VILLAGE SO IT,S THE LOCAL MUM,S HE,S MOANING AT ,NO WONDER THE PLACE IS ALWAYS EMPTY,HE,S IN THE WRONG JOB HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TRAFFIC WARDEN .DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND GO TO THE RED LION IN WHEXHAM JUST A MILE DOWN THE ROAD.
- merrymakers- chaos therom
- A GOOD PUB IS THE OSTRICH I COLNBROOK VILLAGE,
- The Flags in Chalvey has reopened and I can honestly say Im glad I have always enjoyed going in there until the police closed it down, well its back with a nice selection of girls (all pleasent on the eye) nice pint with friendly and approachable staff. Its a well run adult venue, I like the idea of topless pool makes a nice change for the lads. lets hope this venue is here to stay.
- THE FLAGS IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN WITH THE GIRLS AND IS AS POPULAR AS EVER.(ONE UP ON THE COUNCIL!) SO THERE IS ANOTHER GRET NITE OUT IN SLOUGH. ALSO THE CHERRYPICKER IS NOT FULL OF DRUGS AND DEALERS SO YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME IF YOU GO THERE WITH THEIR FULL ENTERTAINMENT AND GREAT FOOD THAT THEY SERVE. YOU CAN ENJOY A NICE PINT IN THE GARDEN AND TAKE THE KIDS ALONG TO PLAY ON THE BOUNCY CASTLE AND SWINGS. ALTOGETHER TWO VERY DECENT PUBS IN SLOUGH. 3 IF YOU GO TO THE RED COW ALSO WHERE THE FOOD AND ATMOSPHERE IS GREAT ALSO. DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT GO VISIT THEM FOR YOURSELF!!!
- How very sad is the person who wrote that about Patti in the Jolly Londoner. I have known her & her husband noel for years. it's a great pub and they are a great couple. It's the best boozer on the britwell!
- Good, gOOD, GOOOD............... tHERE IS mILLIONS IN sLOUGH
- Shout in slough is pretty awfull now,The djs play the same music EVERY time! seriously i dont even know why there payed,they might as well slap on now 64 or whatever compilation is on sale at woolworths and be done.
If you have any remains of a soul stay away from shout its full of souless wannabees who wouldnt know good music if it came up to them and introduced themselves as 'good music of good music drive of the town good music goodmusicshire'
- The Earl Of Cornwall is the best pub in Slough coz my Mum, Aunt and cousin work there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Well some pubs are really going down hill, The Flags used to be a great night out with the dancers but then the council put a stop to that and now its a members bar still good but not quite the same. But after the fight last year maybe they were right to keep an eye on it, because the same person has the cherrypicker and what a state that has become recently I had it owner down a great and had turned the pub around but in the last year or so it problems have been coming back with known drug dealers doing the stuff inside and outside, What are our local pubs coming to
- O'Neills - the best for a friendly atmosphere.
- The Five Bells in Burnham is a fantastic place to hang out. Juke Box, pool table, photos that are actually screwed into the walls and 500,000+ garden benches. . . watch out for starey eye man and mutton who leaves her bounty chocolate bars wherever she wants
- Loads, mostly characterless shitholes where you are as likely to get a smack in the face as a drink. The Wheatsheaf in Albert st and The Rising Sun on the Windsor road are,as far as I can tell, the only Pubs in Slough(Centre) with any soul.
- Sports Bar was brilliant, unfortunately now replaced by the Honeypot.
The alternative crowd kind of moved to the Tavern, but the atmosphere there is terrible, and there are too many dirty old men hanging round the front of the pub. There is an EXTREMELY young looking crowd there!
- The Sports Bar is now the Honeypot - Slough's very own 'lapdancing' club. It has the distinction of being about the worst one i've been in - sort it out lads. At least it has a pool table and you're unlikely to get into a fight.
- The Kings Head in cippenham is a good place to drink with friendly staff and a good crowd of punters, Best not to go in when cooking is going on, you get someone order a bacon sandwich and every bar person retires to kitchen to prepare it(F**k knows how big the kitchen is cause they ain't all on the skinny side)Beer getting expensive now also.
The Swan is the place to go for a line or two and crap beer, on warm summer evenings punters sit out front and give it large to passers bye (only do it when in packs) Also good for the boy racers to see how fast they can go down the side of pub from carpark in there clapped out builders vans Full of punters that are barred from other village pubs.
The Barley Corn is good for cheap beer and cheap decoration Brian the landlord got real dry sense of humor.Still makes ice with tray in fridge one cube each max. Some times he evens switches the lights on so you can see who your speaking to. Pool still 50p a game (bargain)Ration books are not accepted any more cash only
- Cippenham Village.
The Swan pub has cheap beer but its fu*king lousy, you can get free spliff making lessons at weekends (bring your own gear.) In the summer the clientel gather out front on the patio and hurl abuse at passers by, but only when mob handed. Some of the twats see how fast they can drive out of the car park over the speed ramp in there beat up builders vans.
The Barley Corn is ok for cheap pool, cheap decor and romantic setting, Brian turn the fu*king lights on so we can see who we are speaking to. Stills make ice in plastic trays in fridge(Ration books needed for this one), still keeps good old fashion opening hours unless your in the click.
The Kings Head
Beers good but expensive. punters not bad, quite a few on bar up's mostly drink in swan, Not a place to go for drink when food being served you get 1 person come in and order a sandwich and all the staff disappear into kitchen, Fuck knows how big the kitchen is cause they ain't slim staff if you know what I mean, but very pleasant.
You can't bring children in unless you buy meals for them (Extra mortgage needed here)overwise you have to sit in the garden made for asylem seekers in the freezing cold and you cant even light a fire to stay warm
- I favour The Wheatsheaf near Upton Court Park because it's within staggering distance of where I live. Reasonable prices, friendly service, nice old 'horse-brass and dark wood' interior. Licensing hours seem to be variable on the side of past 11pm!
- Kings Head in Cippenham is a fantastic place to go to have a laugh with your friends!! Well worth a look in and they dont mind new customers unlike some "local pubs" for "local folk" who make you feel like a Leper!!
- shit, shit shit, apart form the cute blue thing opposite slough young people's centre
- Go to the Assembly on a Friday night if you want to watch middle aged divorcees girating across the dancefloor. Quality entertainment for all the family.
- New pub Quel Pasa(or something) - has leopardskin seats and tables. Not sure whether this is ironic or not....
Lloyds(Wetherspoons) near there, superb, has music, cheap beer, fantastic food(when most wetherspoons are diabolical)
- They are all pants in Slough but Wetherspoons is cheap and pants if that helps.
- Kings head in cippenham is good - a good yound crowd who can have a laugh. Good food. Pleasant staff. Hardly ever any fighting in there. Unfortunately lock ins arent allowed. BarleyCorn next door is more for people over the age of 100 - Brian the landlord is a wicked laugh though - also it's only 50p for a game of pool! The Swan is good for pool and fighting. Huntercombe is good for pool and fighting with the Irish community of Slough. Long Barn - don't even go there. I like to refer to it as 'The Morgue'. A sad older bunch drink in there who think it's funny to sing Abba songs loudly.
- Red Cow in Albert Street Slough, Under New Management and can I say how glad I am to see the pub being put back to a good old local pubs, great pint with friendly staff and good value for money same goes for the food. Inside being done up coat of paint and great new decorations. And you never guess what now the garden is getting a face lift. All I can say is a great big congratulations to the new owners (I believe it is a woman) and many thanks for giving us our local pub back. once again well done. Keep up the good work and you will be rewarded.
- Now were talking, Slough has a lot of pubs/bars cater for a lot of tastes and there are clear difinitions between the different types of pub/bars. Firstly we havethe cheap places which are the Moon and Spoon(typical wetherspoons pub)and Wetherspoons (Lloyds No. 1 -branch of wetherspoons). Then we have the Litten Tree, The Lighthouse, The Assembly, Tavern In The Town and Que Pasa (v.nice place) where it is mostly garage music and maybe some other things like Karakoke (see pub for details). You also have all the smaller side street pubs such as the Coachmakers Arms, The Magic Pub, The Rose and Crown, The Herschel Arms, The Pied Horse, the Red Cow, The Wheatsheaf, The Greyhound and The Alpha Arms. For a slightly alternative pub you can go to the Sports Bar (tel: 01753 531720)where Thursday Nights are Rock and Alternative Night (highly reccomended to anyone that likes this sort of music!), Friday Night tends to be Retro/Cheesy (used to be 'School Disco' so you get the idea) and Saturday Night is Karaoke (about 1/2 and 1/2 karaoke and music). Another local rock/alternative venue is the Flags in Chalvey apart from that you will probably have to travel to Reading. +
- Can't believe no-one had mentioned THE SPORTS BAR yet (formally "The Grapes"...about 20 years ago!). Every Thursday night they have a rock night for all the moshers/metallers, etc (yes, there ARE some in Slough despite all the Ali G wannabes that unfortunately prevail). MUST SAMPLE their 1/2 YARD COCKTAILS! Seems pricey at £5, but well worth it. Many a time have I been pissed whilst laughing at their "Squiffy" murial on the wall (now sadly painted over during a refubishment).
Moon & Spoon = not bad (price are nice and cheap and they have deals on there), but pub is mainly full of weird old men. Bar service is very slow when they have more than 4 people in the pub.
Litten Tree = rude boy-"innit"-hangout for faux Ali G's.
A relatively unknown pub is in the backstreets of Slough called The Alpha Arms. The last time I went there a man insisted in telling me about his days as a hit-man. I have never been back since.
- RED COW PUB IN SLOUGH HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER AND HAS BEEN REDECORATED WHAT CAN I SAY NOW A SMASHING PUB GREAT TASTING FOOD FOR GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY, ALSO SERVES A GOOD PINT OF BEER WITH VERY FRIENDLY STAFF AND MANAGEMENT. GREAT TO SEE THE OLD PUB ON ITS WAY BACK. THIS PUB IS A CREDIT TO SLOUGH AND ITS NEW OWNERS WHOEVER THEY ARE WELL DONE AND KEEP UP THE HARD WORK. AND THANKS FOR BRINGING THE OLDEST PUB IN SLOUGH BACK TO ITS REGULARS, I JUST HOPE YOU DO NOT THINK OF SELLING IT. WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OWNER AND THANKS
- Went in Red Cow (Feb 2002)for a meal had the best service I have ever received in there great to see the pub getting back to its original state, a very great big well done to the new owner for bring a great pub back to Slough, keep up the good work. PS the beer is tasting great once again.
- Sports Bar..woohoo! Best pub in Slough hands down. An average of 0 fights...ever. Decent for Punk Rock, Nu-Metal and similar music tastes on Thursday nights. Karaoke is OK on saturdays...just make sure you're wasted :-)
- Rising Sun,Windsor road.Real friendly 'local' yet newcomers don't get stared at/intimadated (which makes a nice change for Slough).Frequented by rugby players/bikers/suits/the occasional goth/mettler - basically a real mish-mash of peeps.Okay juke box,bands on Saturday nights.Has the friendliest doorman this side of London,aleays smiling and holding the door open,his names John,say "hello" but don't give him any aggro 'cause he's a biggen :)
- RED COW, yeah the one by the big roundabout, did we mention that it's also HAUNTED! if you don't believe me go in there and ask the bar staff or any of the locals, strange goings on, glasses dissappearing by the dozen from racks, flying bottles etc, this is not a wind up, go see for yourself.p.s good food and real ales as well as a jolly good bunch who drink and work there.
- hey, try the red cow at the upton court roundabout, it's great if you want a bit of peace and sanity, locals are friendly and so is the bar staff but food is only passable good ale selection though. one to disregard, the red lion in st.marys, BORING. see dead.
- lITTEN TREE, lots of fights, have encoutered a few racists in there to, make sure if you go in there, go in a group. Weatherspoons is a nice place to go but you have to look smart.
- The BRICKMAKERS ARMS BURNHAM SLOUGH is the best pub in the area.Women Men and dogs are welcome.They do an excellent pasty or pie and the landlord John Pacitto will offer you brown or red sauce and serenade you while you tuck in.(How romantic)
- Just ask for Patti in the Jolly Londoner and she will serve you in MORE WAYS THAN ONE!!!!!!! WINK WINK
- If you want a good atmosphere and cool music, try The Rising Sun on Windsor road on a Sat Night when they have a live band. Particularly look out for the band DAFT as they are excellent and pull in a cool croud!!
- I spent a week in Slough, working days at Heathrow and nights I ate and drank at The Punch Bowl a delightful pub on Old Bath Road. The Governor, Doc, Becky and Eiland are deelightful people to share a pint with and get to know the locals. The food in the evening from the Bong Thai is fabulous, very economical and tasty. If you go tell them tham Plano Jim from Texas sent you.
- Wheatsheaf (favourite with Etonians as it's only across the field!)
Red Cow - not bad
Herschel Arms - too small
Anywhere in the High Street is NOT a pub
- Chicago Rock 'Cafe' on Slough High Street. Easy to find, just look for the bouncers with school uniforms on (well, they nicked our school ties for a start), and follow your nose. The smell of fish and cheap aftershave is unmistakable. Note to Chairman of Chicago Rock Cafe Ltd...Stop putting fucking TV screens all over the pub, or at least put something interesting on them like football or something. Even Channel 5, I don't care!!
- Da Littentree is the only place to be! Me and me boyz (naz, jusin and jay and da rest, u no who u r!)
- As of April 2001, the Newt & Cucumber has been replaced by a fancy (but usually empty) pizza restaurant, and the Firkin has turned into The Assembly. Not quite sure what that is, but it looks to be the antithesis of Firkin pubs. Yuk! My custom usually goes to the Moon & Spoon. Dirt cheap beer, but well-kept, and good honest cheap food, in a friendly environment, with all cultures and classes accounted for.
- PUBS.....ahh pubs or should it be bars? because in the evolving world there are few pubs left now!!! what we have today is bars with a capitiol "B" gone are the "I feel like a drink and dont care what i wear pubs" now we have , "put aftershave on and stand around bar trying to bop to the beat type place" where have they all gone? who said no more pubs?.....dunno!!! but the only realy friendly pub i can recomend in slough has to be the greenman , on the uxbridge road...come in and chat any afternoon you like and you wont be dissapointed this is old time pub people with nothing to chat about exept the area and all things that matter in the world.....but at least you can chat accross the bar with whoever is in at the time NOTE this place turns into a nogo zone on friday nights be warned
- The Assembly slough is the newest bar in the area and the best for music dance and food
- Slough attracts a good underage population, who comsume and frequent all of th amny old winos' pubs on the highstreet. Welcome to slough, new capital of underage drinking for all "good " St. bernards pupils.
- THE LONG BARN, Cippenham Lane is under new management the food is GREAT.
After a long day at work we treated ourselves to meal at our local pub and were pleasantly surprised. There is avaried menu with additional specials of the day and also bar food. Try the restaurant upstairs, quiet with views over the village, I can deffinately recommend the lamb steak in redcurrant and rosemary sauce my partner thoroughly enjoyed his steak and stilton pie. Go on treat yourself lunchtime or evenings, they also take party bookings.
- The Goose in the Town, The Moon & Spoon, The Sports Bar and The Phrenologist & Firkin are to name but a few in a short distance.
- The Red Cow Pub (all be it a slightly old mans place) is great place to have a pint and some grub at a good price (e.g. Fish and Chips at £1.99....how can you go wrong ?)ITs about 5 mins away from the high street and a great place (Go straight down the road from litten tree so Nando's is on the left, keep on going and its just before the huuuuge roundabout). Boardwalk is a nice 21s+ bar (really !) although f*****g expensive last time i was there. (get drunk then go there)
- For the "Freshest Faced" crowd around, then the pubs of "Moon and Spoon", "The Sports Bar" and last but certainly not least "Yates' Wine Lodge" have to be visited. In these pubs, you will find a broad based clientel, whose soul aim is to drink, drink and then got to Harry's Nightclub for a bout of boxing
- How many times do I have to say, I'm sure Slough has more pubs per head than any other town in England.
All of them are good, and quite friendly really.
- Most of the new pubs in Slough range from innofensive to extremely nasty, although O'Neills is worth a look in. There are a couple of older pubs which are a bit more appealing though.
The Herschell Arms, Herschell Street. A little piece of Dublin in Slough. A proper Irish pub, none of yer theme pub rubbish. Used to be a bit rough but has cleaned up its act in the last couple of years. Bags of character, good Guinness and top notch live impromptu diddly-diddly music on Sundays and Mondays.
The Wheatsheaf, Albert Street. A bona fide local pub with a varied cross section of punters of all ages. Good beer too.
The Red Cow, end of Albert Street. The oldest pub in Slough, apparently. A bit quiet but nice beer and a good sized garden for summer boozing.
- Litten Tree, Yates, Sports Bar, Phrenologist and Firkin, Newt and Cucumber, Moon and Spoon.
- There are lots of new pubs the Litten Tree,O'Neals,the Sports bar,Firkin and the Lighthouse.
- Pubs to be seen in:
- "Newt and Cucumber", opposite Slough Library, just off the Windsor Road near Slough High Street
- Hang out for office yuppies by day and young pubbers by night - Friday and Saturday - bouncers on door - busy!
- "The Grapes", in Windsor Road
- Over 21's only - local hang out for office yuppies by day, food served during day.
- "The Moon and Spoon" next to The Grapes
- One of the J D Wetherspoon's chain of pubs, all having Moon and something in the title...
- For Pubs try the Jolly Londoner. It has been totally redone and is under new management. It's very modern and different from the average English pub. Just ask for Patti.
- Best (and cheapest) pub - Moon & Spoon opposite the Library
- Newt and Cucumber is pretty good- look out for the guys from Slough rugby club. There can also be some real twats around who are just out for a fight. Phrenologist and Firkin is not bad either, although it's a bit difficult to say when you're trashed!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: harumpf, carley, jill, deedee, Ross, Lucy, Jim Sherrard, Adam Scott, aftab hussain, marc, Rik Cunningham, butt, g, Adrian Fisher, randy, J, linda, peter hunt, Gaz, jenny slade, jon, littleswampduck, john cooper, Joe, zoe, Spidlington Spod, Mark Williams, Mitchell Moth, J O, Elliot Davies, phil thoroughgood, tikj, Syco, hal, Kerry H, Ian Duxbury, teuru, Natalie, murray, g poole, adam, Andrew, Navdeep "The Sloughboy" Daheley, chadwick, chadwick r, panita, lyn, Dave Chown, Paula, montemiceskatingclub, meusli full face, Freddie, Dave Horton, Gogs, Robbie Lazan, Stuii, bill, jonathan hodgson, tony campbell, SANTOSRTR, bucant, alanna, templar, Martin, Donna Lacey, Richard Hill, britwellgirl, no, Dan Quarterman, mapin, Scott Davies, mary & tom, star, Rebel Nathan, Kim Louise, Shezza, spy in the sky, Daz, Phil Merchant, Jamie, Paprika Crispy, Jamie Green, holly, Sharon Watkins, Jo, nO COMMENT, Marcia Allass, cat g, Matthew, smotret_shchit_4_sezon_18_seriia, the_man, Matthew Bonner, KATHRYN MCKAY, D Ware, ian reynolds, Jeff Cooper, vicky, Bol-x, stacey moore, Edwige Novak, Tim Canterbury, Big Chris, chris cragg, lawrence, Melissa, FLINT, Ted McBean, Lucie, Bradley, jim, Matt, Duke of Nothing, Harinder Singh Chaggar, Saire, Carl, david holder, Dan, Peter Davis, katy barton, Yourmumlefttit, louise, jeeb, rudegirlz, Michelle James, James, abban, Charlotte, Darkman, emily, Simon Martin, Ian Graham, unkown, Jon Young, Lefty, bob templeman, christian koetz, Zara Hussain of Stile Road, Neil Smith, Jamie Gorst, Gina, Nazia, Damon Guy, WADMAG, robert miles, Phil, cli4d, jackie, gjdvjud, Lynn, Josh Hewer, shaveta, angela`, staci, Laura McCarthy, kaz, serena, Amy, sandra, DJ NITE STORM - FROM A GHETTO IN SLOUGH, jo hardern, Sam Tompson, kate f, alison, anon, mary, Becca H., soo, thekitschgoth, Amit Rai, portugeeza, A Singh, Darren Smith, caroline smith, email@example.com, Shelly, Real Slough Badman, Horsey, theorganist, liam, Sue, tiffany, andrew pettitt, Britwell manz, generic, jr, lalal, Carlylou, bilbo baggins, roy pryer, Michael, stephen crocker, MIKE, Yen Barrow, craig raymond, Nat, Anthony Mizen, Squirrel, keefy, Milly, Alan Turner, BLARNEY, linderella, D Foster, Ed Waddington, lisa, top cat, John, kani, jeff, Worker, terry reynolds, Steve, george
Last updated: 2010-08-01
More stuff about Slough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Slough Knowhere Board