Favourite Building in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Sutton Coldfield.
- The Nadia Siekierska museum in Walmley is a great way to spend a rainy afternoon. Its surprisingly good value, with a cup of orange squash and a custard cream included in the £3.50 entry. You can see memorabilia from her youth inc her first home perm kit, old school uniform and even a rare collection of chewed fingernails. A really good fmaily day out.
- Bishop Vesey's Grammar School. It is supposed to have a tunnel going along the Lichfield Road, stopping at the town hall, the Three Tuns pub and Holy Trinity Church by Mill street. It also is rumoured to have ghosts (in the old music department in a blocked off room opposite B3) who were killed during the black death.
- Toss up between the Odeon Cinema and Wylde Green URC - a beautiful looking church in Boldmere.
- ma fav buildin is probly da hut up boldmere 4 doin stuff ;)
- Clock Tower opposite the Trinity Church.. shame about its condition
The little cottage next to Riland Road Railway Bridge
- What used to be Town County Primary School, but no longer
- ARTHUR TERRY SCHOOL
- my house and the pubs in sutton park
- I really like BVGS. It's old but inside the little corridors and little rooms have a charm all of their own!!! and i like the quad outside Big School, which is really nice when its sunny. But hey im a girl dont take my word for it
- fairfax school
the really old buildings inc three tuns round there and the church too
- The town hall has a lot of history, and the three tuns pub supposedly has a secret tunnel underneath it that runs from one end of town to the next. It is a very old pub that Henry 8th waqs rumoured to have stayed at when hunting in Sutton Park.
- The church at the top of the town centre, supposed to be haunted but very cool
- All saints Church at the top of Belwell Lane in Four Oaks. Iused to go to cubs behind it. I think we were the 17th B on a Tuesday night. We were the best cubs team in the 70's
- Could u please add Fairfax school to your list of favourite schools!!!!
- Has to be the Gate, bring it back!!
- Magnificent houses in Four Oaks Park,
Old parts of Penns Hall,
- Town Middle School - now a baptist church - old Victorian school with massive slassrooms, always a good laugh.
- The late Sutton Coldfield bus garage on Upper Holland RD.
- The Town Hall.
- OSCOTT COLLEGE (St. Mary's Seminary)
- Sutton Girls' School. Crap school, great building. Also check out the farmhouse where Bishop Vesey was born on Moor Hall Drive.
- Three Tuns at the top of high street. Am impressed with the managers remodeling
- Sutton Coldfield station. Maybe because it reminds of excitng adventures of going into Brum shopping when I was 13.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Chance, N Clayton, glad to be somewhere else, georgia mckeever, andrew, Jon. Yates, fuzz townshend, Andy Robinson, anne whitaker, Keeley Graham, Martin Turner, Jenny Hunt, games-geek, spacey, df, Jim, Brian Supper, Redsexy (seriously, everyone around the area only knows me a, Ashley, Simon Holden, DCJ, CPMEEHAN, Andrew Whittle, Fi, monolog, dave dineley, Jeff Childs, Charlotte, Robin Baker, rory phillips, karen anthony, Catherine Murphy, andrew weston, vicky davis, Una Croxford, Richard Mitton, Brian, kerry davies, ST, Nathan Bennett, J. A. O. Forster-Dowden, Esq., jeffscarf, daveyJ, richard, Emma Lewis, alison stirling, Nick, Emma Paul, nigel conde, Joshua Smith, kerry.gibbon, Richard Simkins, B.M.Sutton, MARK BURGESS, Louise Johnson, Anthony Cole, Danny Bone, Philippa, pat allen, Wayne Jones, Steve Lightfoot, bill, Mick Gregory, Robin Guest, bill lewis, beth, lizzie, dan, Duce, keith ward, Claire Rushe, AA SYSTEMS, Stacey Emiliou, Nicky Tony, claire burke, Pieter Dyson, andrew newman, matt, CaptainSENer, Jim Cadman, Jonathan, jeff scarf, Mandy Willson, Andy Lutwyche, John Leftlung, generic, little mo, Matt hardeman, Z. Beeblebrox, adny, Nathan Davies, Denise Taylor, Charlotte Boardman, pete, B & G, mark willis, Steve Lutwyche, Jon Robson, Gavin Clement, skater1, Gavin Smith, Rebecca Gale, Karena Keeley, charlie, christine levasseur, L Haycock, Paul, Paul & Rob, joe homer, Blusey Chris, tom moore, Annabel Gregory, Kirsten, Moi, bill major, Rob Skedgell, Richard Teale, pinky, Mat Thewlis, Chris Wood, John, Adam Roche, Andy, Emma Jenkins, Julian Worrall, Josie
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Sutton Coldfield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sutton Coldfield Knowhere Board