Record Shops in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Sutton Coldfield.
- WE USED TO GO TO FROSTS RECORD SHOP IN THE 1960'S. IT WAS IN THE HIGH STREET AND HAD THE RECORD BOOTHS, SO YOU COULD LISTEN BEFORE YOU PURCHASED. IT IS NOW A CHARITY SHOP.
- Psychotron Records - Great shop just opened in the Market Village on South Parade. Stacks of great stuff on vinyl. Online too www.psychotronrecords.co.uk
- Andy Cash
- MVC have gone so not a lot about anymore.
- mere green records
- Best record shop in Sutton is MVC, but the best place to go for music is Sutton Library - great collection of music and you can borrow any CD for 75p for two weeks - that's what I call a bargain!
- M.V.C is the only one.
- virgin & mvc ! wkd stores man ! mvc bi anne summers ;)
- No HMV, but can borrow CDs for 5p per night from Sutton Library, can store the music *in your head* and return CD next day.
- Bashin beats in inshop is quite phat (note its not really rock, more hip hop etc)
- Corporation Street aston uni has a good selection incl. old vinyls. and then hidden away in the streets leading to new street there are shops like swordfish and theres another one down by the academy
- A new record stall has opened in Sutton Market (in shops). I have not had chance to have a good look yet, but from a distance the stall looks as if it has a good selection of records etc.
- Mere Green Records and Tapes, sells cards, batteries, lampshades, tights...and one or two "k-tel" collections..but they claim they can order anything for you...
- Bought first single in 1979 from Mere Green Records. Kelly Marie 'Feels Like I'm In Love'! Best record shop in the area at the time. Otherwise it was The Midland Educational shop in Sutton Town Centre.
- no. brum's your best bet
- whsmiths sells cds although they no longer sell tapes but its still a good shop because i used to work there!
- HMV closed down within a year of Virgin opening directly opposite. Only other specialist music shop is MVC (or whatever it's called)
- HMV RIP - thanks for running up my stratospheric student overdraft.
- Virgin on the Parade is o.k. Could do with a more specialist one like Tempest in Brum. And why did HMV go ? Best place for searching for vinyl 7" in the lunch hour...
- Virgin is excellent
- Reasonable HMV record shop in the shopping centre. Mere Green records & tapes (Mere Green) is decent for cheap new-release CD singles.
- There's a good Virgin Store now.
- HMV in Sutton town centre has now been shut down
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Chance, N Clayton, glad to be somewhere else, georgia mckeever, andrew, Jon. Yates, fuzz townshend, Andy Robinson, anne whitaker, Keeley Graham, Martin Turner, Jenny Hunt, games-geek, spacey, df, Jim, Brian Supper, Redsexy (seriously, everyone around the area only knows me a, Ashley, Simon Holden, DCJ, CPMEEHAN, Andrew Whittle, Fi, monolog, dave dineley, Jeff Childs, Charlotte, Robin Baker, rory phillips, karen anthony, Catherine Murphy, andrew weston, vicky davis, Una Croxford, Richard Mitton, Brian, kerry davies, ST, Nathan Bennett, J. A. O. Forster-Dowden, Esq., jeffscarf, daveyJ, richard, Emma Lewis, alison stirling, Nick, Emma Paul, nigel conde, Joshua Smith, kerry.gibbon, Richard Simkins, B.M.Sutton, MARK BURGESS, Louise Johnson, Anthony Cole, Danny Bone, Philippa, pat allen, Wayne Jones, Steve Lightfoot, bill, Mick Gregory, Robin Guest, bill lewis, beth, lizzie, dan, Duce, keith ward, Claire Rushe, AA SYSTEMS, Stacey Emiliou, Nicky Tony, claire burke, Pieter Dyson, andrew newman, matt, CaptainSENer, Jim Cadman, Jonathan, jeff scarf, Mandy Willson, Andy Lutwyche, John Leftlung, generic, little mo, Matt hardeman, Z. Beeblebrox, adny, Nathan Davies, Denise Taylor, Charlotte Boardman, pete, B & G, mark willis, Steve Lutwyche, Jon Robson, Gavin Clement, skater1, Gavin Smith, Rebecca Gale, Karena Keeley, charlie, christine levasseur, L Haycock, Paul, Paul & Rob, joe homer, Blusey Chris, tom moore, Annabel Gregory, Kirsten, Moi, bill major, Rob Skedgell, Richard Teale, pinky, Mat Thewlis, Chris Wood, John, Adam Roche, Andy, Emma Jenkins, Julian Worrall, Josie
Last updated: 2017-08-29
More stuff about Sutton Coldfield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sutton Coldfield Knowhere Board