Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Taunton, Somerset*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Taunton.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Despite what it says below, Joe Strummer God rest his soul loved Bridgwater, not Taunton! Nice try you stuck up tossers.
- 80's pop bloke Howard Jones now lives near Creech St Michael
- Arthur C Clarke lived here. There are probabley a number of residents with traumatic childhoods who remember him in therapy.
- ADRIAN BUTTERWORTH!!
- urm....nope...the queen came here once though...!
- Phil Vickery, chef on ready steady cook
- Marcus Trescothick, Ian Botham, Viv Richards, and just SCCC in general
- The lovely Kate O'Mara lives near Taunton.
- Stephen Daldry, director of Billy Elliot was born here. Arthur C Clarke still has ties with the area - his brother Fred lives nearby.
- Terry Pratchett - used to live somewhere near North Petherton.
- Apparently Craig david hangs out here, not often about once or twice a year. (usualy in the winch)
- Just to point out to that smug fucker who claims "Arthur Clarke" as a Taunton celebrity, you may like to note the following: (1) His name is Arthur C Clarke, dick-head (2) He wrote the short story called "The Sentinal", which Stanley Kubrick later turned into the film "2001: A Space Odyssey" (3) Do you really want him as a local hero? But then again people who count inbreeding and herd-shagging as a local past-time may be lot more open minded than everyone thought.
- Joe Strummer of the clash lives just down the road, his favourite drink at the moment is a Mexican's Holiday - pop in to Harpoon Louie's and try one today.
- Ex-residents is really the operative for the literate population of Taunton
- 2001 Space Odessy? Ring any bells? No? Well then you won't know who Arthur Clarke is
- No one. You see, to become famous you have to consider leaving the area, which means you may end up meeting vile subhuman scum from the East of England. Urgh. They are to be mocked for not living here. Taunton will rule the world. . .when all the world consists of sheep and farmland.
- The bloke who shagged Fern Britton
And who could forget Garry Rhodes:-) (he did a nice souffle apparently)
- Charles Dance lives just outside Taunton
- Tommy Banner,the Scottish WURZEL,lives in Priorswood somewhere.
My mate's brother was on Blockbusters years ago,I'll have a P please,Bob.
- All the skaters are celebs everywhere we go we get pointed at and hastled by the old who say, well you know what they say.
- Joe Strummer, lead singer of the Clash, the greatest band ever, now lives just out of town, having bought himself a big house in the country off the back of selling his tunes to Puff Daddy. Nice work if you can get it
- Arthur C. Clarke attended The Richard Huish College in the town.
- BEN SMITH - works in sainsbury's , got fired once for selling a lottery ticket to a nine year old, and then got re-hired! also works in toni&guy, and has a shitty brown car. his favorite hang outs are the voodoo lounge, and the winch!
- Dick King Smith, Andrew Bateman
- Birthplace of actress Jenny Agutter
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael Ewing, arachni_name), simon, Penfold =8-), Sarah Jenkins, Pip Davey, Gail Richardson-Reid, Paul Davis, Roger Ian Helmsley, Dave Qipps, heidi, Chris, Rosebayrosie, Robin, Dan, Lusy, ........me, Nikki, Steve Asbury, Jethrotull, Chris Briggs, Bert Stanley, Dan Harris, misterio, John Russell-Turner, Leandra, Liam Crossly-Baxter III, alyson, Paul Ensor, elfish, Dan Jones, Julia Morton, Dave, becci, Sam Allen, Lilj, Dick Advacart, Koops, arachni_name, The Informer, Laura, steve, Martin Shelton, Cam, Paul, Chaz, Neil, Andy Blake, Liz, steven, amie, nathan, Graham, Amy, Robert, Neil White, Crystal, Mart, vic and bec, Mike Davis, Harry, Britney, martin driver, Tony, John Cowley, dean close, Martin, daver, Terry Cotton, Katrina Clarke, Jules Bushell, Jaine, clarissa, Martin Wright, Sarah Taylor, kay, Ellie, Johnny Davis, matt, Mike, Josh J, The Spiv, Tim Driver, Bobby C., troy, vic, woodles, fi, M Ewing, generic, Jimbo, Mike Bailey, dachel collections, Philip Kirkpatrick, Shona, seanyg, dustyn, colin.b, arachni_name"'`--, Clarie Keer, Bonjy McFeller, Ian Hutterifge, Inbred I, john green, andy, Rachel, mike ball, Kate, Robert Norris, ben, Simeon, Nickalos, Jason, dominic, shamrock, walpole, Harry JP, pinky, Harry Prideaux, M Gibson, Robert Varnam, Bill Bennett, Ad, karl, Pip Youngman
Last updated: 2008-12-09
More stuff about Taunton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Taunton Knowhere Board