The Best Things in Thatcham, Berkshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Thatcham.
The Best Things
- my great great gran was the inn keeper of the wheatsheaf inn in 1891
- Thatcham has centre albeit small, it has been developed quite well, I just don't think it should get too much bigger.
- The surrounding countryside - woods, reedbeds, river, etc. Generally very friendly people altho' lot of newcomers need training in saying hello isn't it a lovely day and generally being polite.
- Only 80 minutes to Paddington
- people arnt that bad
lakeside/venom brings marginal excitement into the town
- it has green feilds around it
- Good restaurants and pubs within staggering distance of my house.
Am Dram society KATS
Easy to get to bigger places by train or car
- There is a nature reserve off Lower way.
- One of the best things about Thatcham, was Mr Green from the greengrocer in the High Street. Sadly he retired last year, and since then the High Street has continued its death, but just speeded up a bit! Wyatts the traditional butchers is still there, but for how long?
- It's on the main line to Paddington Station. It's always easy to get a mobile phone (for non-residents, Vodafone is based four miles away in Newbury; another claim to infamy.
- Sign Posts to the M4
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lee Reynolds, stephen walker, Mandy, Nick Young, hannahh, David King, baby1, Andy Smith, rick, Jenna C, peter j green, Sue, HAYDN, ged, al, greg, Jim Cornwell, generic, Annette, kevin o'sullivan, Mark Brookes, stevie, Chad, monkey, Ant, Gemma, Steve
Last updated: 2008-03-19
More stuff about Thatcham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thatcham Knowhere Board