Cheap Food in Thatcham, Berkshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Thatcham.
- The chines and Kebeb vans are fine, never any problems in the past from experience. The Chip shop opposite ' Spice ' is good. The chinese / Chip shop next to the Post office I haven't tried.
- Cheap Food: Two dodgy food vans on the Broadway garanteed to give you indigestion at least. Good chippies on the High Street. Crown Mead and up by the "Hutch".
- Loads of cafe's and restaurants! Especially if u like Chinese food. Good Cafe's for buns and coffees much cheaper than Reading.
- Last meal I had in a local Indian was, I am convinced, made from the leftovers of previous diners. Obviously I had no direct proof, apart from my Lamb Dhansak being as tough as saddle leather. Smarmy waiters and owners would easily cause offence to the average irate customer, I am sure....Go to Reading.
- fry 5ifty 5 in the broadway does wicked fish and chips. avoid the ebst fry in the high street at all costs. the chinese and kebab vans in the broadway are both good
- Hussians just got closed down by health inspectors for an infestation of rats, they were nesting in the rice. little chef no longer exists.
thatcham is just takeaway capital now their is a kebab van, a mobile chinesse, 5chinnesas and 5 indians,3 chip shops and a verry crap pizza place.
- The Szechuan Inn take away is great Chinese and you can watch them while they cook it, they also have a restaurnt adjacent to the take away. Hussains Indian Restaurantis V Nice- Decor is pleasant enough- the all you can eat buffet on Sundays is yummy!
- A multitude of places to eat and take away from. We like the Mandarin Court for take away.
- See above.
- 7 chinese (+ a van) 1 Indian. A Chick King thats too expensive and sell rubbish chips
- A kebab van, a Chinese takeaway van, Hussein's Indian restaurant (very good, surprisingly enough), the Szchechuan(?) and another two (one Indian, one Chinese) that I can't name offhand.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lee Reynolds, stephen walker, Mandy, Nick Young, hannahh, David King, baby1, Andy Smith, rick, Jenna C, peter j green, Sue, HAYDN, ged, al, greg, Jim Cornwell, generic, Annette, kevin o'sullivan, Mark Brookes, stevie, Chad, monkey, Ant, Gemma, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Thatcham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thatcham Knowhere Board