Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Thatcham, Berkshire*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Thatcham.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Not a lot really, music in the Chequers and PadGies (not sure if thats how you spell it!)
- Venom nightclub by the Lakeside "Super"bowl on lower way near the sewage farm. The have air conditioning so it smells OK
- The famous Leisure Centre. Technically in Newbury but geography not a strong point of local government officials in these parts. A leisure Centre in the sense that it has a 10 pin bowling Alley, a bar and a night club...Anything more energetic look towards Newbury or the Kennet Sports Centre.
- venom...always dreaful although has had a recent boost when trevor nelson came to the place
- Venom is the closest to a club we have, tudors is now a block of flats which means its now probably a more exiting place to be when u leave the pub!
- tudours has been pulled down to make way for, belive it or not, more housing
- venom is quite a decent club i spose and liquid, but thats newbury
- CRAP! The Shed??? What is that place? a hang out for all social misfts from a 20 mile rdius>!?!
- Never been in Tudors or Venom. Never want to.
- Tudors used to be an old rope factory! Last time I went there it was £3.00 to get in and all drinks were 10p, but you had to keep hold of your glass because once you lost the glass you had to pay another £3.00 to get one! My feet stuck to the floor as the floor was so sticky with drink (fresh or recycled) and I can honestly say my first visit was my only - and my last!
- Traumas. Sorry, Tumors, no, no, Tudors. Imagine a grotty community hall disco, with a bad bar, a pool table (in a night club?) and an average age of 30+. No 14 year olds here, they wouldn't be seen dead in the place.
Venom. Where the 14 year olds hang out. Allegedly. Slightly classier, but that's not saying much. Also, not really within walking distance from the town center after closing time.
- There's always Venom, if your drinking-meths-in-a-quiet-alley night falls through.
- Locals do not support any form of entertainment for its younger residents
- Venom - very popular and always packed.
Tudors on Bath Road - some very dubious evenings there.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lee Reynolds, stephen walker, Mandy, Nick Young, hannahh, David King, baby1, Andy Smith, rick, Jenna C, peter j green, Sue, HAYDN, ged, al, greg, Jim Cornwell, generic, Annette, kevin o'sullivan, Mark Brookes, stevie, Chad, monkey, Ant, Gemma, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Thatcham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thatcham Knowhere Board